Pat Burke......wtf....?

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Thanks for adding something constructive to the conversation. Apparently you enjoy Pat Burke shooting 3's and goofing off on the court. I'd prefer him to take his job seriously and act like a C. Yet I didn't call you stupid for your opinion.

Edit: My mistake, I just thought you were calling my opinion stupid

Geesh...ligthen up. There is no smilie for "I agree with what he said" so that's the only one that applies.

:bang:

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, for some reason all I saw was the word stupid with an arrow pointing up the 1st time I looked at it. I must have some selective reading disorder or something (some people on the board probably wouldn't be surprised by that). :p

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crazy stuff here...

Anyone upset about Pat Burke shooting three's at the end of the game is just being nitpicky because they need something to complain about :)

The guy never plays, he shoots threes all the time in practice, and he took his chance. The bench went nuts, they loved it!

Why is he selfish because of Raja? Raja had all night. Should they just feed him the ball so he breaks the record lamely?

It would be selfish of Raja to not let these poor scrubs play a bit in a game when they get the chance. Can you imagine NEVER playing, then you finally get in a game but you have to pass to one of the starters?

Anyways, it was all in good fun!

Go PAT BURRRRRKEEEEEEEEE!

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Any record held by John Starks isn't that important.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If Burke really wanted to sniff playing time in a non-blowout game then he'd be serious about his time on the court and try to impress the coaches in the post, not clowning around on the perimeter.

You're on fire today, jbeecham.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
As much as I love seeing Pat Burke jacking up meaningless shots at the end of a blowout, I'd much rather see Marks get some playing time. What's up with him, last I saw he was in street clothes, but I thought he'd be making a larger (although still insignificant) impact than Burke.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly, Burke should be in the post trying to get rebs. If we actually had to use him in a real game situation and he's on the perimeter shooting 3's then he's not helping the team (unless he's shooting 75%). If Burke really wanted to sniff playing time in a non-blowout game then he'd be serious about his time on the court and try to impress the coaches in the post, not clowning around on the perimeter.

This is so true. Also as you or someone else mentioned, he is a black hole after he receives the ball. However, what really irritates me about Burke is that he is fairly athletic for a big man and if he so chose, he could probably help the Suns as a role player. He instead appears content to play the role of court jester. If he didn't have talent, I wouldn't be so hard on him.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
This is so true. Also as you or someone else mentioned, he is a black hole after he receives the ball. However, what really irritates me about Burke is that he is fairly athletic for a big man and if he so chose, he could probably help the Suns as a role player. He instead appears content to play the role of court jester. If he didn't have talent, I wouldn't be so hard on him.

Good stuff.

Where is that guy who played for Orlando? Pat Burke had a fairly decent year in Orlando especially towards the end of the season.

He even received playoff PT.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3666/gamelog;_ylt=AsPDA4.irOGRf8rmn.fqZcqkvLYF?year=2002

He averaged 12 mpg, 4 ppg, and 2 rpg with Orlando. And he was 1/7 from 3 point land in 62 games played that season.

He's 3/6 in 2 games played this season for the Suns.

Errntknght

Reaction score
The last possession Bell waved it off when he saw a teammate getting ready to pass him the ball - he was clearly saying he didn't want try again to tie the record. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it leaves that rat John Starks' name in the record books.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
The last possession Bell waved it off when he saw a teammate getting ready to pass him the ball - he was clearly saying he didn't want try again to tie the record. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it leaves that rat John Starks' name in the record books.

Wasn't it Starks who undercut Marion when he took that horrendous fall = concussion a few years back?

Errntknght

Reaction score
yep, Starks was the submariner in that infamous incident... thats the main reason I don't want him remembered for anything that might be considered positive.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
With all the stupid contrived records I am sure that is not the only one Starks in in there for.

Maybe the most bricks in a finals game?

:shrug:

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You know things are going well when the hottest topic is whether the worst player on the roster should be shooting in a blowout victory.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
" "T.J. was born during a Monday night football game," - Joumana Kidd on why she should replace Melissa Stark as a sideline reporter on Monday Night Football."

Judging by her career in Phoenix, that's the best credential she's got.