Votes: 36 55.4%
  • Pittsburgh

Votes: 29 44.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The Steelers. They had their letdown game and survived it. Big Ben will not play like that again. And the Pats will NOT walk in and beat the Steelers at Heinz Field. The Steelers were looking past the Jets...not so with the Pats.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Patriots for two reasons.

1) if Belechick and Crennell can make Peyton Manning look that average and shut down Indy like they just did, I cringe when I think of what they can do to Big Ben.

2) If the Pats win, I get to go to the Super Bowl! My whole family are Pats fans and my sister works for Fox, so my Dad, older brother, my sister, and me will go to the game (and hopefully the big Fox bash that week as well!) :thumbup:

Reaction score
Should be a great game!

Patriots did not shut down Peyton Manning as much as seems to be believed... the Patriots shut down the Colts run game and the Colts receivers were dropping the ball all over the field.

Pittsburgh will run on the Patriots.

Pittsburgh can stop Dillion, they are very familiar with him, playing against him twice a year for the past eight years. But can they stop the Pats passing attack?

It comes down to this, if Blitzburgh can get to Brady often enough, they will win the game!

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anytime you can move a WR to CB and win a playoff game against the best passing team in a long time you know you have one of the greatest coaches in history.

BigJoe

Rookie
Reaction score
I voted Pats because of Cardinal Bob's reason #1 and because Corey Dillon makes that much difference in the performance of the team (compared to their earlier meeting).

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
dogpoo32 said:
Pats. Billy B's got something up his sleeve thats gonna make rothlisberger look like a rookie... finally.
Ohh....so the Pats will stop the Steelers running game completely? Because with out that Ben has looked like a rookie all season. The running game won the games.

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
Cardinal Bob said:
If Belechick and Crennell can make Peyton Manning look that average and shut down Indy like they just did, I cringe when I think of what they can do to Big Ben.

Exactly!!! Belichick is a master at coming up with great game plans. And also, the Pats are looking for some revenge after suffering thier 1st defeat to end their streak against the Steelers. The Pats are hungrier now, more so than they've ever been. Most of the entire NFL and media world say they can't do it. More the reason for them to come out to shut up the masses. And besides, home field advantage in Pittsburgh really isn't that big of a deal. Titans beat 'em there in OT in '02. Anyone remember??? And Steelers have lost ALOT @ home this past decade in the playoffs ;)

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
NickelBack said:
I heard that Big Ben is playing without gloves on Sunday.

I had heard that the reason for Big Ben playing so poorly against the Jets was he injured his thumb during pre-game warm-ups.

I wonder how his thumb will feel Sunday :shrug:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
chose n.e. - belichek + rookie = pats superbowl.

also, no one is really bringing this up, but these pats are as close to a dynasty in recent times as possible. 2 superbowls in 3 years and possibly headed for a third? that's a special team right there.

dillon makes a HUGE difference. the man is running with a big chip on his shoulder.

Stout

Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
chose n.e. - belichek + rookie = pats superbowl.

also, no one is really bringing this up, but these pats are as close to a dynasty in recent times as possible. 2 superbowls in 3 years and possibly headed for a third? that's a special team right there.

dillon makes a HUGE difference. the man is running with a big chip on his shoulder.

*smiles and shakes head* And nobody mentions the home field. Gotta love it. Say goodbye, Bellicheck. Gameplan all you want, because Big Ben's not what's going to kill ya. Get ready for a ride on the Bus. Oh yeah, where's your all-pro DT? Hmm...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
*smiles and shakes head* And nobody mentions the home field. Gotta love it. Say goodbye, Bellicheck. Gameplan all you want, because Big Ben's not what's going to kill ya. Get ready for a ride on the Bus. Oh yeah, where's your all-pro DT? Hmm...

Didn't the Pats knock off the Steelers in Pittsburgh when they won their first Super Bowl? Home field doesn't mean squat in this game, the Pats are too seasoned. I hope the Steelers win though.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Steelers are 1-3 at home in AFC championship games under coach Bill Cowher.

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
Redsz said:
Steelers are 1-3 at home in AFC championship games under coach Bill Cowher.

EXACTLY!!! And their last defeat in this game fell at the hands of the Titans!!!

Link for proof: http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=2...tp://steelers.scout.com/2/344393.html?refid=1

PITTSBURGH - Any fan can tell you the Steelers are 1-3 at home in AFC championship games under coach Bill Cowher.

As underdogs Sunday against New England, the Steelers are expected to fall to 1-4 in that department.

:thumbup:

Stout

Reaction score
Lol Okaaaaay, guys. Keep thinkin' it.

By the way, New England didn't win its first Super Bowl. Oh, didn't you hear? They had no chance to beat the Rams ;)

I'm not saying they won't do it. I'm just saying the game is yet to be played.