Votes: 29 44.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
Stout said:
Lol Okaaaaay, guys. Keep thinkin' it.

By the way, New England didn't win its first Super Bowl. Oh, didn't you hear? They had no chance to beat the Rams ;)

I'm not saying they won't do it. I'm just saying the game is yet to be played.

Really, all I was trying to prove was home field advantage in Pittsburgh really isn't that big of an "advantage".

Cowher is the longest tenured coach in the NFL, #2 is Titans' Fisher. And they both have only taken their teams to 1 SB...and lost :mad:

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
The Steelers handled N. E. before and they will do it again. They have home field advantage and a strong defense that can hold back the Patriots. It looks like an all PA Superbowl to me. :wave:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
BigRedVol said:
Really, all I was trying to prove was home field advantage in Pittsburgh really isn't that big of an "advantage".

Cowher is the longest tenured coach in the NFL, #2 is Titans' Fisher. And they both have only taken their teams to 1 SB...and lost :mad:

I was at Heinz field before, for a regular season game that meant nothing because the Steelers weren't a playoff-bound team, and it was definitely a factor. Now, think how rocking the place will be this Sunday and say it isn't really that big of an advantage.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Stout said:
*smiles and shakes head* And nobody mentions the home field. Gotta love it. Say goodbye, Bellicheck. Gameplan all you want, because Big Ben's not what's going to kill ya. Get ready for a ride on the Bus. Oh yeah, where's your all-pro DT? Hmm...

ah, but see stout, that's where i just view things differently than you - is n.e. afraid of ben? no. they KNOW he's not gonna kill 'em. but ben, as a rookie in a very high stakes game, could end up killing PIT if belicheck gameplans appropriately.

as for missing players . . . have you not paid attention all year? belicheck has had to do this w/ a different player(s) missing every week. seems if anything it's made his defense less predictable.

the home field advantage is daunting, but usually not so much so to a veteran championship squad like the pats.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Stout said:
Lol Okaaaaay, guys. Keep thinkin' it.

By the way, New England didn't win its first Super Bowl. Oh, didn't you hear? They had no chance to beat the Rams ;)

I'm not saying they won't do it. I'm just saying the game is yet to be played.

uh, that's why were making PREDICTIONS. i'm not saying it's a slam dunk that n.e. wins, i'm just picking a team based on my football knowledge.

Stout

Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
uh, that's why were making PREDICTIONS. i'm not saying it's a slam dunk that n.e. wins, i'm just picking a team based on my football knowledge.

I know, but a LOT of people are saying the Steelers have no chance. NE didn't have a chance against the Rams when they had a young QB in his first year of play and were facing a vastly superior team. Of course, that was at a neutral site...this game is in Pittsburgh. I'm just rather surprised that no one's giving Pittsburgh a chance. It's funny, really.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Stout said:
I know, but a LOT of people are saying the Steelers have no chance. NE didn't have a chance against the Rams when they had a young QB in his first year of play and were facing a vastly superior team. Of course, that was at a neutral site...this game is in Pittsburgh. I'm just rather surprised that no one's giving Pittsburgh a chance. It's funny, really.

just b/c everyone's picking n.e. doesn't mean no one's giving pitt a chance. on the contrary, i think if you took a poll to see how solid everyone is w/ their picks i think you'd see that most people think this will be close game but only give n.e. the edge based on experience and belicheck.

for instance i think it's 57%-43% that the pats will win.

Stout

Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
just b/c everyone's picking n.e. doesn't mean no one's giving pitt a chance. on the contrary, i think if you took a poll to see how solid everyone is w/ their picks i think you'd see that most people think this will be close game but only give n.e. the edge based on experience and belicheck.

Fair enough.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:

Just for the record, Bill Cowher is 8-4 in games he coached against Belichick, it should be a great game. Bill Cowher is a great coach in his own right and will give his all at game time. Win or lose, the Steelers have had a great year under his leadership.

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wish one of the games would have ben played today!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the curse real?

SI had a New England Patriot on this week's cover!!

:fans::fans:

Go Steelers, beat the Pats !!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Damn! One of the nicest deep balls I have ever seen thrown just then by Brady :barf:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say,
"Game Over"

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I predict by the middle of next season, people will be jumping off the Ben R. bandwagon faster than they got on.

They keep talking about the scheme in this game. Forget that. The attitude and intensity of the Pats is what has been special the last two weeks.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
O said:
I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say,
"Game Over"

The game was over on the 4th and 1 early on when they stuffed Bettis and made him fumble.

I'd like to be wrong though.

Stout

Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
I predict by the middle of next season, people will be jumping off the Ben R. bandwagon faster than they got on.

They keep talking about the scheme in this game. Forget that. The attitude and intensity of the Pats is what has been special the last two weeks.

Sure, because a rookie QB that shows a ton of skills and promise just HAS to make it to a Super Bowl in his rookie season. I mean, how DARE he actually PLAY like a rookie for a while :rolleyes:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
Sure, because a rookie QB that shows a ton of skills and promise just HAS to make it to a Super Bowl in his rookie season. I mean, how DARE he actually PLAY like a rookie for a while :rolleyes:
If I were to use the logic of some McCown supporters I might say that Ben didn't lose this game--the offense put up enough points that they should have won, it was the vaunted Pittsburgh 3-4 defense that let the Steelers down, not the QB's play.

But, since I'm not inclined to believe in fairy tales like that, Ben lost this one--it's on his shoulders. He proved that he is indeed a rookie QB and he didn't play well in either playoff game.

That said, Ben, IMO, is still going to be a bright star in the NFL for years to come.

:cardsstillshouldhavedraftedbigben: