Paul Posluszny to test free agency

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ILB right? I remember the name, we took someone else that year and people were upset we passed on this guy. Polish right?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This guy is so underrated it's not even funny.

Get him in!

azfan43

Rookie
Reaction score
If I remember right we moved up the year when he was still there in the 2nd round, but we drafted Alan Branch.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Poz is the ILB we thought the Cardinals were trading up to #33 to get in Whiz's first draft, only he drafted DT Alan Branch instead. It would be a major coup to sign him. He's the kind of inside thumper we need.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Struggled greatly in the 3-4 last year when the Bills tried it on for size.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Poz is the ILB we thought the Cardinals were trading up to #33 to get in Whiz's first draft, only he drafted DT Alan Branch instead. It would be a major coup to sign him. He's the kind of inside thumper we need.

A tackling machine, yes... but, not a "thumper"

TJ

Reaction score

Only seems like he "struggled greatly" because he played on a bad defense. He was the best of the worst, but can be an asset on a better defense.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was wondering how good his supporting cast was, makes a big difference.

azfan43

Rookie
Reaction score
I suppose it would depend. He might fair better on our D, assuming Dan Williams were to elevate his play in front of him and Daryl Washington next to him would help as well.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Only seems like he "struggled greatly" because he played on a bad defense. He was the best of the worst, but can be an asset on a better defense.

Good players do not struggle greatly becuase of their surrounding cast. Its what makes them different then just your average player.

Dude look lost and out of place.

TJ

Reaction score
Good players do not struggle greatly becuase of their surrounding cast. Its what makes them different then just your average player.

Dude look lost and out of place.

Lost? Not sure about that. I've seen plenty of bills games.
The whole defense sucked and couldn't tackle. Paul compensated for a lot of their mistakes. He registered over 150 tackles last season. And yes, supporting cast (and coaching) do have an impact on how one plays

He's not Willis, but he's worlds better than Lenon

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Yup. Got immediately better when they went to more 4-3 looks toward the end of the season. Probably doesn't have a place in a 3-4 defense.

azfan43

Rookie
Reaction score
Lost? Not sure about that. I've seen plenty of bills games.
The whole defense sucked and couldn't tackle. Paul compensated for a lot of their mistakes. He registered over 150 tackles last season. And yes, supporting cast (and coaching) do have an impact on how one plays

He's not Willis, but he's worlds better than Lenon

I agree with this. If one can't believe that an under-performer can change teams and play better mainly due to a more suitable helping cast, then how can you explain when a high performance player (Haynesworth) suddenly vanishes upon changing teams?

It's a team sport. Supporting cast does matter quite a lot I think.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I agree with this. If one can't believe that an under-performer can change teams and play better mainly due to a more suitable helping cast, then how can you explain when a high performance player (Haynesworth) suddenly vanishes upon changing teams?

It's a team sport. Supporting cast does matter quite a lot I think.

It's exactly the same. Haynesworth is a force of nature in one scheme (4-3), and a complete non-entity in another (nose tackle in a 3-4). Poslozny is a good player in one scheme (4-3) and a complete non-factor in another (3-4).

It's just poor luck that the Cards happen to run the scheme that doesn't suit Posluzny's strengths.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
According to Profootballfocus.com (I site I like, some do not) on the whole of the season:

Lenon is slightly better in coverage and run defense, Posluszny is better as a blitzer.
Lenon is more consistent.

I rarely see Bills games, but I can't say at any point the starter salary he'll command isn't better spent on every other position on the team.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Jacksonville Jaguars have agreed to a six-year deal with free agent linebacker Paul Posluszny, sources told ESPN.com senior NFL writer John Clayton.

bummer