People up here are talking...

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
... about how the hawks will 'womp' the Cards.

I wish dearly that the Cards would have given me some reason to talk smack in return, but the last two weeks have taken the wind out of the sails.

Here's to hoping we turn it around this week. :newcards:

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
ask them what they were talking after week 1?!

ask them what they were talking back in the mid 90s?!

wait, then again the cards fans in my office are telling me how the cards will kill the hawks (and then ask me where the game is being played..........)

i think they're just giving you crap ....... if the cards win then they'll have to find other stuff to give you crap about and sometimes it's better to just catch it over football and not about that time an unpleasant encounter with a russian professional led to an even less pleasant encounter with a russian doctor

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Hell.. the hawks didn't look all that impresive in there win against Atlanta. I think the Hawks will win but I'ma hopin the Cards can prevail!!

fudwamper

Reaction score
Hey portland the hawks did look impressive. They scored three times on three very long drives. They played the loosing side of field position all day and still managed alot of 30-50 yard drives. They ended in punts but they helped out in the field position battle. The fumble by Engram on a potential scorring drive and the two costly penalties back to back were the factors that limmited the hawks from scoring 6-14 point is the 2nd half. Besides those three mistakes they controled the game.

Taking on what is considered one of the best run offenses in league and containing them with a no name D is impressive as well. You only saw vick make on running play, then go up limp. They had two scores off of short fields, and one very nice drive.

Running the ball as effective as we did should be a concern to the Cards. I would be worried of the liability Huff brings to you on the outside. Although with Chike working over our RT, Locklear, you will see him make some plays. If Berry is over Walt all game, you will not see him at all. Not a nock on Berry, Walt is just that good.

I see your best oppertunities as threw the air. Try and get Lofa in coverage, get hamlin and boulware to bite on PA, and use your WR core under and over the top. The long ball is our weakness so far. For that to happen though your line needs to play a good game. From what I have read in this forum that might be tough, even on an anemic pass rush like ours.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year I was very surprised by how well we defended the run against the Seahawks. To even stay close, the Cards will have to defend Alexander just as well as they did in the game in Arizona last year. We will also need to be +2 ro 3 in turnovers to win. We've gotten just 3 turnovers so far this year. We need to match or exceed that against Seattle.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Hopefully this is a dangerous game for Seattle because we aren't the same old Cards and are about to start winning consistently.

If we are the same old Cards its a dangerous game for Seattle because we often seem to win when everyone counts us out. See last year's first Seattle game, and the Green Bay and Minnesota games from two years agao for proof of this. Its also dangerous for Seattle because even the same old Cards don't go 0-3 very often. The only years we've gone 0-3 since the Birds arrived in the desert are 04, 96, 94, and 92. Truly awful though we've been in almost every one of those seventeen years, we've only started 0-3 in four of them. We've never done it two years in a row.

I wouldn't say anything, if it were me. I don't like to talk smack. But the Seattle fans that aren't clueless should probably keep quiet too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SeattleCard

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
RedViper said:
I wouldn't say anything, if it were me. I don't like to talk smack. But the Seattle fans that aren't clueless should probably keep quiet too.

Yeah, I'm keeping quiet right now. I'm usually a big time smack talker, but the Cards need to give me a little backup first. :)

In any case, I'll be letting it all loose at the Stadium this Sunday - win, lose or draw.

I can't wait.

MrY

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SeattleCard said:
Yeah, I'm keeping quiet right now. I'm usually a big time smack talker, but the Cards need to give me a little backup first. :)

In any case, I'll be letting it all loose at the Stadium this Sunday - win, lose or draw.

I can't wait.

Dude...if that avatar is your real face, nobody will give you any crap...win, lose or draw :wave:

OP
OP
SeattleCard

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
MrY said:
Dude...if that avatar is your real face, nobody will give you any crap...win, lose or draw :wave:

he he he... it's not. if it was, I'm not sure they would let me in the stadium.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
If we want to win this game, we are going to have to play angry.

The Seahawks to me, are a finesse team. If you want to go into their house and win, you have to go in there and punch them in the mouth to shake them up and get them out of a rythm. That's how we beat them last year, and that's what we did to them in the 2nd half in Seattle last year.

This is a must win game. Wins against the 9er's and Hawks would put us at 2-2 and we can start over again.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Well if I look at the history if the two teams over the last couple seasons, this is exactly the type of game the weak minded seahawks are prime for a letdown after coming out and not taking us seriously. And the cardinals always win one of these kind of games when they are not COMPLETLY out of it, just to get our hopes up and lose to SF next week. Its a formula so count on a nice weekend.

Actually the more important streak could be how we are like 1-15 in our last road games and Seattle has gone unbeaten at home as recent as two years ago....(i should probaly check that but my cousin is a diehard fan and i see no reason for him to lie to me, right?) so im not sure the Cardinals have any concept of what it takes to win on the road as they barely beat a horrific miami team for their only road win last year.....

lets just say this is not an easy bet for all you cocky seahawk fans who think they are going to beat us. I guarantee we at least play tough. Speaking of which i dont even want to think about the other possible option. Imagine what its going to be like with the national and local media and especially on this board if we get blown out next week....Ugly stuff:eek:

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah the road thing is hard to get past. We are just bloody awful on the road. Still those streaks come crashing down at some point as well. Especially with the inexplicable fact we almost always win or play a halfway decent game in a loss at home. I think we will get our act together on the road this year. Were going to win three road games this year. I'm declaring it now. And I'm not even considering Mexico a home game for the purposes of this unjustifyable prediction. SeattleCard, I hope they do it for you brother. I'm predicting they will.

fudwamper

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is looking past you. You have not won a game yet and that is a nasty chip on anyones shoulder,(well except the 49rs last year) Plus you are the first divisional game we play. Ohh and the whole division is considered a finess division. We run pass happy teams. You have to match up with what is in your division, on defense and offense.

seesred

Reaction score
I'm hoping that Seattle is looking past us, has already counted the win. We were good for three quarters in NY and got done in by special teams, we should have beat the Rams, between penaltys, bad calls , and brain freeze at the end. WE ARE DUE! By the way wasn't Vick hurt when they beat Atlanta?

GBR

fudwamper

Reaction score
Was he hurt no, he did did sit out a few plays after comming up limping on his only meaningful run. Ohh, and Schuab was the one that connected on the 2 point conversion.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
fudwamper said:
Was he hurt no, he did did sit out a few plays after comming up limping on his only meaningful run. Ohh, and Schuab was the one that connected on the 2 point conversion.

Fair enough, but i have been debating this with my cousin all week (hes seahawk fan for life) and we had two tv's set up and were both watching the games. Vick on the last possesion was VERY hampered and the commentaters even mentioned that he would have taken off in some of those instances (vicks best attribute) and you guys didnt even inflict the pain. He just pulled up lame. I said at the half the game was the type of game Seattle lost all the time last year. And i truly believe Vick getting injured is the only thing that kept me from being right. Like Chike said "no heart"......

We play you guys tough (outscored you last year 46-41 in two games) and now we have chike and huff helping. I wouldnt bet on us (due to the road record) but i wouldnt bet on you guys either...

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
I hope the D is finally pissed off enough to put up the kind of performance we've all been waiting for.

The Seahags are a much better team than the Lambs. Cards will have to pley their best game so far if they want to win.