Perfect Storm!

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The stage is set. We've heard it ALL year. Bad teams; weak division. BLAH..BLAH..BLAH... Well, the Big, Bad New York Giants are coming to town! The (9-1) headed to the Super-Bowl Giants, or so we're being told. While beating them is a tall task we know ANYTHING is possible in the NFL. Can you imagine what it would be like to WIN?? The stage is set... GO CARDS!!!

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
I am so wanting to see a victory against the Giants just because of some family members that have always stuck it to me because I've endured being a Cards fan while they touted the Giants. This year could be such a year of payback.

OP
OP
N

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey, CardShark...

I'm in the land of the Giants. CT. Grew up here. Every week the local sportswriters make their "picks". They've been wrong several times about the Cards. On Monday morning I drop off a clipping of their prediction with little "notes" saying, wrong again, keep trying, etc. I expect they'll pick the Giants across the board. Walking into the newspaper office Mon. after a Cards' WIN?? PRICELESS!! :D

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
I'm in the land of the Giants. CT. Grew up here. Every week the local sportswriters make their "picks". They've been wrong several times about the Cards. On Monday morning I drop off a clipping of their prediction with little "notes" saying, wrong again, keep trying, etc. I expect they'll pick the Giants across the board. Walking into the newspaper office Mon. after a Cards' WIN?? PRICELESS!! :D

:cheers:

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Bills, Cowboys, and now it seems Fins were not against bad teams.

I have a feeling we will win against Giants, BTW.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
You guys won on Monday Night (granted it was ugly but good teams win ugly games) and if you guys pull off a win against the Giants, then the league needs to take notice about the 2008 Cards. Weak division blah blah blah, Cards win this game then they need to be taken seriously especially in the postseason

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
You guys won on Monday Night (granted it was ugly but good teams win ugly games) and if you guys pull off a win against the Giants, then the league needs to take notice about the 2008 Cards. Weak division blah blah blah, Cards win this game then they need to be taken seriously especially in the postseason

Truth be told, I felt the 49'ers were better than their record. They have alot of young talent that needs to be developed. I picked them to go 8-8, but they will be hard pressed to get there now. The coaching change may reap benefits though. I thought the Cards started off flat in that game, yet I want to give credit to the 49'ers for the way they played. If it hadn't been for the fact that Singletary is inexperienced at making the head coach decisions, they may have won that game. It would be nice to see them run the table and give more credibility to the division. As long as the Cards take the division.:D