Peter Vescey on TBDSS

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As slin mentioned in another thread Peter Vescey was on last night's "Best Damn Sport Show." He talked about a lot of things, but one interesting thing he mentioned had to do with the Phoenix Suns and Tracy McGrady. He said that the Colangelos went to Amare Stoudemire and basically said, "OK, we have already offered Shawn Marion for Tracy McGrady. Should we offered JJ as well?" To that Amare Stoudemire supposedly replied, "go for it."

That's what Peter Vescey said. We can all decide for ourselves whether we think there is any legitimacy to it.

Joe Mama

sunsfn

Reaction score
I have such a hard time believing that.

Amare is in his 2nd year and we all hope he is going to be an all-star and the super player for this team, but come on, two years and he is telling the C's how to run the ball club.

I really do not think so.

The C's may have notified Amare what they were doing, but I do not think they would ask him if they should do it.

Besides, they would probably have to talk to his mother instead!
(sorry I could not resist)

Vescey is just flapping his lips on this.

:(

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Why not? Makes sense.

You don't want to piss of your main player with a trade of this magnitude especially if there are personal issues between McGrady and Amare.

Vecsey probably meant to say this. That the Colangelos asked Amare wether he would have a problem playing with TMac...

sunsfn

Reaction score
slinslin said:
Why not? Makes sense.

You don't want to piss of your main player with a trade of this magnitude especially if there are personal issues between McGrady and Amare.
--------------------------------------------
That is why I said the suns probably told Amare what they were doing, but ask him if they could/should do it, I do not think so!
-------------------------------------------------

Vecsey probably meant to say this. That the Colangelos asked Amare wether he would have a problem playing with TMac...

slinslin,
Vecsey does not need you to defend him, he talks out the side of his mouth enough without your help! :p

minercon

Registered
Reaction score
From this morning's paper I would guess he loves T-Mac as much as a snake bite.

capologist

Veteran
Reaction score
Suppose that BC, and/or some other members of the Suns inner circle, actually did have this conversation with Amare.

What kind of 455h013 would mention the conversation to Peter Vescey?

It just defies imagination that anybody who would be involved in this conversation would be so indiscrete as to mention it to anybody.

Well, unless Amare told his mother, and she sold the story to Vescey for $5.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05