peterson is a football god

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
First time you have seen Adrian Peterson play? Clearly you are very knowlegeable about the game of football.

And you start a new thread for this?

Stick to blasting our team in the game day thread

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Peterson is a great player but the big reason he puts up the numbers that he does is the Vikes Oline. There is absolutely no comparison to ours. They take care of the first level and then its up to him to get past the 2nd level

OP
OP
freebyrd

freebyrd

Reaction score
yeah i don't watch the vikings much cardinals board you know

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Peterson is a great player but the big reason he puts up the numbers that he does is the Vikes Oline. There is absolutely no comparison to ours. They take care of the first level and then its up to him to get past the 2nd level

i agree to some extent, but a great RB makes a average Oline above average. Peterson would make this line better. By the way, if you want to run the football don't you have to try more than 10-15 times a game? Sometimes I think having a great passing attack spoils coaches into not running the ball.

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Aikman put it best that AP is one of those special people that make tacklers miss......a reason for his dominance today and our lacluster performance.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Aikman put it best that AP is one of those special people that make tacklers miss......a reason for his dominance today and our lacluster performance.

You dont pass his kind of talent up at # 5!!! When drafting in the top 5 you should be looking to add a GREAT player to your team. I never thought Levi was ever going to be a great player. Stupid Graves!!!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Best since Barry. Period.

Emmit has nothing on AP. Dorsett, Payton, Brown are the people I think of when I see him.... This guy has talents of biblical proportions.

His DNA might reveal that he is the missing link.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
i agree to some extent, but a great RB makes a average Oline above average. Peterson would make this line better. By the way, if you want to run the football don't you have to try more than 10-15 times a game? Sometimes I think having a great passing attack spoils coaches into not running the ball.

The Vikes Oline isn't average. Chester Taylor was putting good numbers up before Peterson was drafted. I'm not taking away from him at all. He just wouldn't be nearly as good behind our Oline.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get over it people sheesh

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
You dont pass his kind of talent up at # 5!!! When drafting in the top 5 you should be looking to add a GREAT player to your team. I never thought Levi was ever going to be a great player. Stupid Graves!!!

You would not believe how nervous I was during that draft! When you guys passed on him, I kept saying "ok just one more. Just one more"

When we got him, I about went through the ceiling! He is special. Very special.

Buckybird

Reaction score
The Vikes Oline isn't average. Chester Taylor was putting good numbers up before Peterson was drafted. I'm not taking away from him at all. He just wouldn't be nearly as good behind our Oline.

Peterson makes ANY line better!!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Taylor was putting up okay numbers the previous year. They only rushed for 113 ypg and a 4.1 ypc average the year previous to AP. Last season they averaged 5.3 and 164 and this season, they've averaging 147 and 4.8 ypc.

they're not average. they're a solid O-line but that O-line ain't all world. Would Peterson be the league leader behind this line? No. But he'd be a hell of a lot better than what we have and considering that we STILL need a RT... ugh, it's just a joke that we took Brown.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
maybe he should fire himself

I understand lots of members of this board saying we needed an OT but a guy like him you just don't pass on. We would've found a way to work him into the Offense and use him in some way even w/ Edge being the starter. Wiz would've found a way to use him I bet.
Oh well. I hope we get a C and either another OT or OG next year via FA or the draft as well as draft a RB with some homerun potential.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Taylor was putting up okay numbers the previous year. They only rushed for 113 ypg and a 4.1 ypc average the year previous to AP. Last season they averaged 5.3 and 164 and this season, they've averaging 147 and 4.8 ypc.

they're not average. they're a solid O-line but that O-line ain't all world. Would Peterson be the league leader behind this line? No. But he'd be a hell of a lot better than what we have and considering that we STILL need a RT... ugh, it's just a joke that we took Brown.

It hurts more today than it did the day we passed over Peterson... :bang:

Buckybird

Reaction score

THX cheesbeef!!!

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
AP was there I know who I wanted and I'd like to think anyone with a football brain would've taken him too had we not had you know who signed.

That's why you almost never, ever never ever, go out and spend big bucks for a guy like Edge.

I think our FO was trying to play Rams front office but that was Marshal Faulk and Edge is no Marshal Faulk, few are.

It's truly depressing to think that we benched the guy this year that kept us from drafting AP.

Truly Cardinal in it's stupidity.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AP was there I know who I wanted and I'd like to think anyone with a football brain would've taken him too had we not had you know who signed.

That's why you almost never, ever never ever, go out and spend big bucks for a guy like Edge.

I think our FO was trying to play Rams front office but that was Marshal Faulk and Edge is no Marshal Faulk, few are.

It's truly depressing to think that we benched the guy this year that kept us from drafting AP.

Truly Cardinal in it's stupidity.

the saddest thing is that Minny wasn't even in dire need of a running back. They were pretty much in the exact same position we were in. They had just signed Taylor to a good contract and he had very similar numbers to Edge but they knew they just couldn't pass him up.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I think the debate over him or Levi is over.

As in finished, we lost badly in that whole scenario, time to suck it up and just admit we screwed up.

We're still tons better than we were but we still have a long ways to go, at least we're getting better but it's still painfull to watch these kinds of mistakes unfold on you like you've been darted.

That's kind of what watching Cardinal football is all about, the dart hits you in the neck and there you are, powerless to stop the horror but yet fully concious through all of it.

Buckybird

Reaction score
the saddest thing is that Minny wasn't even in dire need of a running back. They were pretty much in the exact same position we were in. They had just signed Taylor to a good contract and he had very similar numbers to Edge but they knew they just couldn't pass him up.

and we shouldn't have either!!! Draft the BPA in rounds1-2.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
This is exactly why I want us to go after the best possible RG and TE right now in the offseason. Because we know the team is going to ride or die with Brown so we have to surround him with good players to minimize his presence.

But what do I know he has been getting better this year.:sarcasm:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
passing Peterson wouldn't be nearly as painful if Brown is so bad. And before anyone says "he's only atrocious because of his draft position", I call BS. He's BEYOND atrocious for his draft position and just plain bad any way else.

Buckybird

Reaction score
This is exactly why I want us to go after the best possible RG and TE right now in the offseason. Because we know the team is going to ride or die with Brown so we have to surround him with good players to minimize his presence.

But what do I know he has been getting better this year.:sarcasm:

you cant put out fires with 3 gallons of water. limited cap space and other free agents prevents that from happening.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05