PFW reporting that GB's Mike McKenzie

spanky1

Reaction score
It appears that Mike McKenzie has told GB that he will not play for them again and that he'd retire before anything else. They could trade him as soon as today.

Well, here is a Pro Bowl LCB with talent and someone who is still very much in their prime. It is being reported that we are one of four teams that wants to here more as to what GB might want for him.

OP
OP
S

spanky1

Reaction score
spanky1 said:
It appears that Mike McKenzie has told GB that he will not play for them again and that he'd retire before anything else. They could trade him as soon as today.

Well, here is a Pro Bowl LCB with talent and someone who is still very much in their prime. It is being reported that we are one of four teams that wants to here more as to what GB might want for him.

Some background:

Drafted 1999 in the 3rd round......6' 01/2", 195 lbs.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
spanky1 said:

Source? What do we have to give up?

FrontRow

Binge Drinker
Reaction score
Instead of deciding what the Pack wants for him, go out and make an offer.

Is our 2nd round (33) too high a price?

I would rather have a bad ass like McKenzie than someone who will take two years to learn the ropes.

OP
OP
S

spanky1

Reaction score
FrontRow said:
Instead of deciding what the Pack wants for him, go out and make an offer.

Is our 2nd round (33) too high a price?

I would rather have a bad ass like McKenzie than someone who will take two years to learn the ropes.

2nd is too high.......but they can have our third.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
abomb said:
What about a deal involving #33?

A-Bomb

I agree with the others...way too high. What was TO taken with? a third?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
No doubt, he would be worth it

I would swap our second round pick for him (if the Pack has one) and give them our 4th pick. Established young corner...HELL YES

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What about our second (33rd overall) for Green Bay's second (55th overall) and McKenzie.

The Cards pick is worth 580 points. Green Bay's is worth 380. That would set the difference at 200 points, or a mid-third round pick.

Maybe throw in a seventh-rounder? That sounds like a pretty solid deal to me.

OP
OP
S

spanky1

Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
What about our second (33rd overall) for Green Bay's second (55th overall) and McKenzie.

The Cards pick is worth 580 points. Green Bay's is worth 380. That would set the difference at 200 points, or a mid-third round pick.

Maybe throw in a seventh-rounder? That sounds like a pretty solid deal to me.

Without the 7th round throw in, I think it would be an appropriate trade.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
Without the 7th round throw in, I think it would be an appropriate trade.

Personally, I think so, too. The Cards would miss out on an impact rookie, but would be able to get a solid wave player like Sopoaga or Olshansky that could develop into a good player.

Make this trade happen now, Rod.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about you consider the source and stop worrying about getting a guy who would most likely love to play for the Pack next year! :eek:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he doesn't want to play in GB, what makes you think he will want to play here? Unless of course he has listed us as one of his desired destinations.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Shane H said:
How about you consider the source and stop worrying about getting a guy who would most likely love to play for the Pack next year! :eek:

:confused:

Everything that I've been reading (ESPN, ESPN Insider) has said that McKenzie isn't happy with the coaching situation. He demanded a trade maybe a month ago. The idea that he'd rather retire than spend another season as a Packer is new, but him wanting out of GB isn't.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
PFW is a decent source.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05