Phoenix @ Dallas - Game Thread - Wed. Mar 14, 2007 - 6:00 pm

cly2tw

Reaction score
Marion should be a serious front runner for defensive player of the year.

His defense has improved greatly this year and there is no serious competition besides maybe Camby? So, he gotta get considered for that.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once again, Nash proves why he belongs in the same breath as Bird, Magic, and Michael... IF he wins PHX a title this year.

He hits 3 FT's late.

He hits the game-tying 3.

He drives past Terry for another layup.

He takes the charge.

He deflects the inbounds pass off of Terry.

And, he mixes it up for the last rebound.

That, my friends... is all man.

Nice :thumbup:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His defense has improved greatly this year and there is no serious competition besides maybe Camby? So, he gotta get considered for that.

LOL if he has won you over than he has had a pretty good year :)

Diawsome

Registered
Reaction score
i will say this though: we got very lucky towards the end of regulation. This game could have easily been won by the Mavs in regulation

The same could pretty much be said about any Suns/Mavs game as they always seem to come down to a play or 2. Take the last game for example the Suns were right there with them and could very well have won it had Raja Bell not dribbled the ball off his foot in the closing moments of the 4th quarter.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Diaw is a strange case because it looked like he was going to really have a good game there at the start. But I guess as Dirk heated up, Diaw either got too tired or lost his confidence. Can't be doing that against the Mavericks.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
I know Amare's never gonna be Bill Russell but you can't make Freakin Dampier look like Dennis Rodman.

The refs and their ticky tack, inconsistent calls have turned Amare passive on the defensive end. No question.

However, PHX simply can't afford to have him out of the lineup due to foul trouble.

It's a catch-22. If Amare plays aggressive, he's likely going to pick up a cheap 3rd that puts him on the bench for the half. Or, pick up a 4th that keeps him out of the 3rd.

Amare displayed his dominance over Dallas when he needed to. And, that's all that matters.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Cuban pushing the camera away was possibly one of the biggest crybaby things I have seen in a long time.

I absolutely loathe the man. He ALWAYS makes himself bigger than the game.

He's the biggest media ***** in all of sports.

OP
OP
S

sunsfn

Reaction score
I thought I heard one of the announcers mention that Diaws back was hurting? Anyone else hear that? I know they talked about it being the reason he missed some games, but in the 4th or OT I am sure they said he hurt it again tonight?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The refs and their ticky tack, inconsistent calls have turned Amare passive on the defensive end. No question.

However, PHX simply can't afford to have him out of the lineup due to foul trouble.

It's a catch-22. If Amare plays aggressive, he's likely going to pick up a cheap 3rd that puts him on the bench for the half. Or, pick up a 4th that keeps him out of the 3rd.

Amare displayed his dominance over Dallas when he needed to. And, that's all that matters.

Yeah, but you can't let Dampier get 11 offensive boards. It seemed like all 11 of those were just taken from Amare.

cly2tw

Reaction score
I know Amare's never gonna be Bill Russell but you can't make Freakin Dampier look like Dennis Rodman.

I think he was too excited for this game. However, Dampier was into the game tonight. He also won the opening tips for the overtimes against Amare. But Amare on offense late in the game was unstoppable. That was also the reason coach rested him long in the first half. He anticipated the long night I swear!:D

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Yeah, but you can't let Dampier get 11 offensive boards. It seemed like all 11 of those were just taken from Amare.

I completely agree. Even though we won this game, there is still a large lesson to take from this. Even though we dont have to match our teams rebounding numbers, but we need to be much more aggressive on the boards. STAT could have easily had 16-19 boards tonight. There were that many opportunities

Bottom line: much needed win, but theres still work to be done

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was saying this in the 3rd quarter. I doubt that happens again though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotta tell you, I've enjoyed this team a lot this year, but besides that ass-kickin we gave the Spurs, I just haven't REALLY been able to fully love them the way I have the past two years - maybe it was higher expectations this seasons, maybe it was because the entire league has been ravaged by injuries and we benefited off of that (which isn't a slam and please don't take it as such, great teams beat who they're suppposed to beat and we do that in spades), but I just haven't seen those GREAT GREAT GREAT statement games that have really gotten me behind them... until tonight.

That was just unbelievable - Amare - A BEAST on offense - gotta do a better job on the boards), Marion - kind of disappeared, but again, came up with some HUGE ORs at the end of the game ala Game 6 in LA and played great D in the OTs and what else needs to be said about Nash but... M... V... P!

Okay boys, I believe - I have seen the light and again I now believe we have a VERY good shot of beating Dallas because Steve Nash just won't lose to Mark Cuban.

man - that was just sick - sick - sick!

Ciani

Registered
Reaction score
It really helped that the refs finally got Dampier out of there, he was killing us on the boards.

But it didnt help us offensively. Dampier was unable to stop the pick and roll between Nash and Amare, while Croshere did a very good job on it. He forced Nash shoot the ball, and he actually missed two jumpers in a row.

Anyway, this wasnt a particularly great game until the last minute of the regulation. Dirk and the Mavs were big time chokers again.

We should beat them in the playoffs, but we cant afford to play without effort as we did in the 3rd quarter. Overall I believe that we are the better team.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that was a great game! how about Amare, 41 points! hopefully that should give the team the confidence they need to beat Dallas this year, becuase these teams are bound to meet in the post season.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score

Mavs fan is saying you can't let Amare get 41 points.

Dampier absolutely CAMPS in front of the basket. Have you seen this guys wingspan? When motivated, Dampier is effective. His job is to crash the glass.

I'd rather give up a few of those boards so that Amare can stay on the floor longer. We all see what kind of inconsistency the refs show.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Allow me to ramble: I've had too much to drink tonight. I'm drained and it's a freaking regular season game. I know almost everybody on this board probably feels the same way. I'm almost 100% sure I'll read this post tomorrow and it won't make much sense to me, much less everybody else, but DAMN!!!!!!!!! I know I'm not supposed to curse but all I wanna do is scream. I thought the NJ game could be topped, well I was dead wrong. I'm not gonna talk **** to the Mavs fans on this post, because both teams showed how good they are. In the 4th, when I thought it was over, I nearly turned the TV off. I didn't wanna hear the ESPN guys praise dallas, so I switched stations and instead of watching on HD, swithced to the crappy signal with EJ and the other guy. As they made the comeback I couldn't and wouldn't let myself change the station, change seating positions, and kept smoking and drinking even though my throat was killing me. I've tried to quit and only smoke when nervous, so I couldn't stop myself. My rational side says that had nothing to do with it, but I kept myself in the same position, unable and unwilling to pee, and kept puffing on those damn cancer sticks!! To the Dallas fans, an awesome game and I'm positively scared of your team. Nash and Amare were simply AMAZING, but to me, the unsung hero was Shawn, with the KEY rebounds, the block, the energy. Oh and freaking Diaw!! (believe me I wanted to write something harsher, but I'm not sure if I'll get banned or not) I have no idea waht the hell I'm writting right now. MVP biatches!!!!!!!!!

sandeepgm

Reaction score
Great win guys. The game was a lot of fun for non mav fans. It was a terrific game and you guys wanted it more and deserved it more.

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Once again, Nash proves why he belongs in the same breath as Bird, Magic, and Michael... IF he wins PHX a title this year.

He hits 3 FT's late.

He hits the game-tying 3.

He drives past Terry for another layup.

He takes the charge.

He deflects the inbounds pass off of Terry.

And, he mixes it up for the last rebound.

That, my friends... is all man.

And he made the technical FT when the other MVP lost his cool in OT.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
WHAT!??!!?

ok.

So with 2 mins left in the game im so frustrated i go to get some groceries for my mom.

i get home and its the SECOND OVERTIME?!!??!

ARGHARJGAELRGHAERWGLKAEWRLJGAELRJGJJARG

:bang:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a fun game to watch. You guys are whining too much about the fouls...there were bad calls both ways.

Two great teams going at it...the Suns/Mavs series is going to be must-see TV in a couple of months.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
WHAT!??!!?

ok.

So with 2 mins left in the game im so frustrated i go to get some groceries for my mom.

i get home and its the SECOND OVERTIME?!!??!

ARGHARJGAELRGHAERWGLKAEWRLJGAELRJGJJARG

:bang:

Bro, I was at Kinkos for 45 minutes to take care of some business....thought I was missing an embarrasement....guess not

mribnik

Reaction score
I never thought the Suns would lose this game tonight. This game was very close to game 6 in Dallas two years ago. Dirk choked when it mattered most, and Nash made all the big plays. The Suns shot 55% and the Mavs shot 45% (below their season avg). If the Suns put any effort into rebounding they win this game running away. Although, now that it's over, I'm glad the Suns won the way they did. Also, as I've said before, the difference between the two teams is..

1. Leadership. The Mavericks leader is their coach, but the coach doesn't play.
2. Low-Post scoring. Despite all those second chance points, the Suns won the points-in-the-paint battle, 66, 44.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05