Phoenix @ Denver - Game Thread - Monday Feb. 5, 2007 - 6:00 pm

sunsfn

Reaction score
THE GAME STARTS AT 7:00 pm! Sorry about that. The suns site says 6:00 pm!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must be registered for see images attach

Phoenix at Denver
Monday, February 5 2007
Pepsi Center - Denver , CO

Suns-Nuggets Preview

The Denver Nuggets may be without three players, including two starters, on Monday. That's not good news with the irritated Phoenix Suns coming to town.

The Nuggets will try to snap out of their recent slump while the Suns look to avoid consecutive losses for the first time in nearly three months when the teams meet the Pepsi Center.
This is a makeup of the game scheduled for Dec. 20, but postponed when a blizzard dumped more than two feet in snow in the Denver area. The Suns have dominated the series lately, winning seven of the last eight games and three of the last four in Denver.
Allen Iverson, Marcus Camby and Reggie Evans will all be game-time decisions for the Nuggets (23-22), who have lost five of their past six games. Iverson -- who's averaged 27.1 points with Denver since his trade from Philadelphia on Dec. 19 -- has missed the last three games with a sprained right ankle. The oft-injured Camby and Evans, a valuable reserve, both left Denver's 94-87 loss to Sacramento on Saturday.
Camby has a left groin strain while Evans also has a right ankle sprain.
All three players would be helpful against the Suns (37-10), who lost 108-105 to Utah on Saturday, snapping their 10-game home winning streak. Phoenix has lost two of its past three contests after its franchise-record 17-game winning streak ended.

"Tonight we did not come to play and we did not come to play until we got ourselves in a hole," said reigning two-time MVP Steve Nash, who finished with 22 points and 10 assists. "We finally fought our way back and had a chance to win, but maybe we didn't deserve to win because we didn't really have the attitude we needed to start the game."
It was a frustrating game for Phoenix as it fell to 0-3 against the Jazz, who lead the Northwest Division by 6 1/2 games over the Nuggets. Shawn Marion scored only four points on 2-of-7 shooting and fouled out with 5:12 remaining. Marion, who also received a technical foul as he left the court, fouled out for the first time this season and just the sixth time in his eight-year career.
"I couldn't get involved in the game tonight," Marion said. "Anything I tried to do it was like I was just taken out of it."
Phoenix hasn't lost consecutive games since a season-high four-game skid from Nov. 3-9. The Suns have gone 36-5 since.
Denver shot only 38.1 percent in Saturday's loss to Sacramento, its 20th straight at Arco Arena.

"I can't pinpoint it, it's one of those tough arenas that we always have a lot of trouble in," said Camby, who had 15 rebounds and seven blocks. "Tonight I felt we could have got this one, but we just had way too many turnovers that cost us down the stretch."
Carmelo Anthony had six of Denver's 22 turnovers and shot just 7-of-25 from the field, finishing with 20 points. It was Anthony's worst shooting night of the season and his lowest point total since scoring 18 in a loss to Dallas on Dec. 9.
"We missed a lot of layups, especially me," Anthony said. "I missed a lot of tips around the rim.There were some times where I thought I could have made some shots. They played great defensively."

Last edited:

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
Found this on the Nuggets board. I was laughing my ass off.

BigBinBigD

Reaction score
Not trying to say the Suns wouldn't have won most or all of these games anyway, but does anyone realize how many times their opponents' best players have been hurt lately? And yeah, I know, they only play who's on the schedule. But it does seem kind of bizarre.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Not trying to say the Suns wouldn't have won most or all of these games anyway, but does anyone realize how many times their opponents' best players have been hurt lately? And yeah, I know, they only play who's on the schedule. But it does seem kind of bizarre.

Nope, I hadn't noticed it. Maybe we should get the color commentators to talk about it, or have a half dozen threads about it.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
We will not win this one unless we decide to play some defense and grab some rebounds...

BigBinBigD

Reaction score
Nope, I hadn't noticed it. Maybe we should get the color commentators to talk about it, or have a half dozen threads about it.

Little sensitive about it, huh? I don't watch many Suns games and I don't peruse the thread board. Smartass.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Let me say this Diaw is mostly useless... no offensive threat, don't get too many rebounds, few assissts here and there.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Great, nash is in serious pain, and the team is playing like garbage.

HooverDam

Reaction score
^Diaw is not useless, he hasn't been playing great lately, but he does a lot of good things for the Suns. He does rebound well most of the time, he's a great passer and has fantastic court vision. He's also a good defender (especially compared to most on this team).

The Suns are just playing like crap recently....not sure what exactly it is.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The Nuggets are doing the same thing that the Jazz did, they're bullying the Suns. If the Suns don't grow a backbone every team in the league will do this.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Nuggets are being very physical without getting called for fouls.

Suns need to get tough and dish out some punishment of their own.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're playing like a bunch of old guys desperately counting the days until the break.

mribnik

Reaction score
If we come back and win this game without Nash, it could be a great victory for us.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did nash injury look serious I just turned on the game a few minutes ago?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
good to see were playing well without nash right now in the 3rd qtr and denver is finally missing some shots be a huge win for us to prove we can get a victory without Nash