Pictures of the catch.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Disgusting, just saw the official league statement. They even said the simultaneous catch was reviewable because it was in the endzone. Also they admit it should have been a game ending offensive PI call. But still refuse to overturn the ruling.

The arrogance of this league is sickening.

Golden Taint's reaction has instantly made him one of my most despised players in the league. I hope Seattle's season completely unravels.

They can't overturn it. It would set a bad precedent. You'd have teams lining up from here to Christmas wanting calls overturned.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What I want to know, and this may have been brought up in one of the other threads on last night, was where was all this righteous indignation last year when the refs screwed up the call on the Victor Cruz fumble? A blown call that eventually allowed the Giants to win the Super Bowl. To me unless Seattle wins the West by one game and goes on to win the SB was far worse than the one yesterday.

But since it was the huge market Giants the networks gave it little if any play and the message boards other than ASFN were surprisingly quiet.

It wasnt a monday night football game with the country watching, and it wasnt on the final play. The Cards winning that game after the fumble was extremely likely, but not a guarantee, and even after the blown call the Cardinals still had plenty of opportunity to win. While the Packer game was definitively decided on that final play.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They can't overturn it. It would set a bad precedent. You'd have teams lining up from here to Christmas wanting calls overturned.

They can overturn it. And the replacement officials are the bad precedence. Yes, teams might cry about future games, but the league should not view this as a team appealing and the NFL has to make a ruling. There should be no appeal. The league should be able to decide on their own in a situation that undoubtedly decided the game and possibly several teams season, on a call that was so blatantly wrong.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Wow, son, really? That blatantly shows Tate had no sort of possession of the ball whatsoever. Having 1 hand on the ball and the other trying to cradle Jennings. Wow guy, I know you're a Seahag homer but this is ridiculous.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 73

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Completely wrong!!! A simulaneous catch is when both players catch the ball at the exact time. Not when one player catches it and you then grab the ball as they are falling. The Simulataneous catch rule was explained on ESPN NFL Live and the rules states...it is only simulatneous if they both grab at the same time. It doesn't matter if the defender has no feet on the ground. Tate basically put 1 hand on it as he was falling, not 1 time did he have CONTROL of the ball. Jennings NEVER lossed control. Just because Tate may have placed his hands on the ball...Not 1 time would you consider him having control. Yes he had a hand on it but that doesn't follow the rule they explained on NFL Live.

A lot of players make one handed catches now?

:D

Just messin with ya.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
OK if I was a Seahawk fan I'd probably say we got away with one, go team!!!

Just take it as cosmic payback for the calls you never did get and really the Seahawk fans here aren't to blame they are homers, we'd have a ton of people on here that would try and defend that call if it was our team it's just how people are.

Unless you have proof the refs blew this in a partial way, as in were paid to make that call then it's just over and done with and move on time.

They blew it, it happens but they had a chance to talk it over and somehow saw it that way on the field so saying it's ridiculous for anyone to make the arguement it was joint possesion as a fan of that team all they have to do is smile and say scoreboard, ultimately the refs agreed with them, I don't for the love of all that is holy see how but it happend.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, son, really? That blatantly shows Tate had no sort of possession of the ball whatsoever. Having 1 hand on the ball and the other trying to cradle Jennings. Wow guy, I know you're a Seahag homer but this is ridiculous.

Yeah, you are right. He caught it..but IT was a Packer. He didn't catch a ball.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And on further review...he should have knocked it down as he was taught to do since he learned to put on a helmet....