Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Interesting theory. I would love to see a 4th Pirates movie.

More adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow and the dread pirate Keith Richards? :p

As long as the movies continue to make money I'm sure that there is the temptation and the pressure from the higher ups at Disney to continue to make more. The third one would be the conclusion of the Elizabeth/Will Turner storyline and that would just mean that the 4th movie (and possibly beyond) would be centered on Jack again. Thats not neccessarily a bad thing

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats what I said. 2 was better the second time I saw it. Maybe I didn't word it well. I got more of the plot twists and what not.

Maybe I just didn't read it correctly. Regardless, we rock and are on the same page.

As long as the movies continue to make money I'm sure that there is the temptation and the pressure from the higher ups at Disney to continue to make more. The third one would be the conclusion of the Elizabeth/Will Turner storyline and that would just mean that the 4th movie (and possibly beyond) would be centered on Jack again. Thats not neccessarily a bad thing

Call me lame, but I didn't even realize that that was Keith Richards. I was watching the credits and had to say to the person I was with "Where the hell was Keith Richards?" :p

I really like this triology. If it's decided that a fourth movie should be made, I hope that they do it justice and don't just throw it together for the sake of making a few more bucks.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Maybe I just didn't read it correctly. Regardless, we rock and are on the same page.

Call me lame, but I didn't even realize that that was Keith Richards. I was watching the credits and had to say to the person I was with "Where the hell was Keith Richards?" :p

I really like this triology. If it's decided that a fourth movie should be made, I hope that they do it justice and don't just throw it together for the sake of making a few more bucks.

Supposedly Richards was going to be a bigger part of the movie, but he was so drunk he could barely film. Can't remember where I read that, but it might have been here.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supposedly Richards was going to be a bigger part of the movie, but he was so drunk he could barely film. Can't remember where I read that, but it might have been here.

Well, if you read it here, then it MUST be true. :p

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I had read that the filming schedule had conflicts with the last Stones tour, and.... well.... I suspect the Stones had priority... his role was therefore signigicantly reduces. ;)

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
is it just me..

or does "will turner's locker" not have the same ominous ring to it?

anyway, agree with the rest. good movie, a little too long. it was exactly what it was supposed to be: nothing ground-breaking, but solid entertainment.

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score
is it just me..

anyway, agree with the rest. good movie, a little too long. it was exactly what it was supposed to be: nothing ground-breaking, but solid entertainment.

How about:

The Whelp's Locker

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dazzling effects, great action, plot line felt like a final exam I didn't study for.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a midnight showing at the showcase by the MGM. I loved it!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Dazzling effects, great action, plot line felt like a final exam I didn't study for.

Just watched it. I know what you mean about it feeling like a final exam, there was a lot to keep track of. I'd like to rewatch these someday over a short time span as I'm sure there are a few things I missed. I'm awful at understanding accents, so that makes it even more difficult to keep up.

Fun movie though, it's hard to find good solid movies that entertain the entire family nowadays.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched this over the weekend. Fell asleep Saturday night (despite the gigantic subwoofer) for about 15 - 20 min...then dcr started drifting off, so we decided to finish it Sunday afternoon. I agree with some of the others that it was just too long. Overall I liked it, but not as much as the first two.

I agree about Calypso's departure from the film was fairly anti-climactic. Kinda ruined the movie. Kept waiting for them to reunite, and then it just never happened.
When he first came on, I thought..."Is that Keith Richards???" Then I thought, "Makes sense...wouldn't need much make up..."
is it just me..

lol...I didn't read the spoiler before I saw the movie. As it was ending I said to dcr that "'Will Turner's Locker' didn't have the same ring to it". :)

I remembered having read that, and felt VERY much the same way.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was confusing at first. By the end of the movie I remembered the plot.

I'll rewatch these in a span of a weekend sometime.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Upon further reflection, it is a pirate movie, who cares about a plot?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I FINALLY watched this. No clue why it took so long.

I loved it. It was a great movie, IMO. I didn't have a great feeling from the second one, felt incomplete. This one was just outstanding.

Elizabeth as the Pirate King was GREAT!!!! She was so awesome and owned her role.

Are they making a fourth??

I loved that at the end, Elizabeth told Jack "it never would have worked out between us" as he told her at the end of the first movie. So nice to close that little circle. I also loved all the double entendre at the end of the movie about the bigger boat and such, which was actually prevelant throughout between Jack and Barbosa comparing their piratehood (such as the length of their telescopes, etc.). My kids thought it was funny arguing, and my wife and I were chuckling at the sexual innuendo. Well played there.

Geoffry Rush was GREAT in this one, probably better than in the first, IMO. The scene where the pearl and the dutchman take out the endeavor before it can even fire all those awesome guns is simply amazing.

I really, really loved this movie.

The tie in with the dog's key (from the ride) being the key to the pirate code book was GREAT. The "two drops" and on the second one it goes dark and plays the sounds from the ride was fantastic as well (going to make the ride so much more fun when we go to disneyland in 8 days from now) given the ride has the "two drops."

My kids made pirate hats today and played pirate in the backyard all day long after finishing it this morning (we didn't finish in one sitting, sadly...it is quite long). I love that. It is kind of like Star Wars for my kids, though they love them some star wars. i thought it was funny that Dante didn't want to be Captain Jack...he wanted to be Captain Barbosa. Plus I got to use my Barbosa voice to him which he loves. "You're off the map now, Jack Sparrow... here thar be monsters!"

And Keith Richards? Great addition, since that was Depp's inspiration for Jack. Did I understand it right that they were supposed to be brothers? Did he say "how's mom?" when Keith then showed him the shrunken, dead head? Might have misinterpreted that.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keith Richards is Sparrow's dad. Glad to see someone else liked it as much as I did. :raccoon:

pogoowner

Reaction score
The first movie is by far the best of the three. It was fresh, funny, tight. The sequels tried to repackage the same thing, but failed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05