Playoffs 2010: Western Conf Semifinals, Game 2 – Spurs At Suns Game Thread

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. To win this game with these kind of stats is amazing. We were outblocked 8-1, out assisted 28-19 and we trailed in fast break points 13-8 and we had 2 more turnovers.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a confession to make. Sometime, over the course of this season, I have developed a man-crush on Dudley.

You're forgiven. Actually you have good taste. ;)

Dudley held the suns in the game in the second quarter with his hustle when the Suns looked like they were going to take their ball and go home. That second unit plays some mean defense. They showed the first unit how to be more aggressive.

It seems up to now, Barbosa is more of a liability than asset. I admire the way Gentry still gives him some minutes. It may yet payoff.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
He's still running his ******* mouth.

He's just anti-Phoenix suns. Everything he says, ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT TOWARDS PHX. And he sucks George Hill's **** all day with all the praise for that fool that SA want to blame right now. You know when it's bad when Barkley calls Webber out.

Webber believes there will be 7 games.
Oh well... he can go on a fishing trip with George Hill after Sterns are eliminated by Suns and they can sleep together and have fun ;)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would, but a LOpez return against the LAKERS would be IDEAL.:)

I'd really prefer him to be back in some semblance of basketball shape before we face the Lakers, assuming we get that far.

Steve

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
Question to Pops: "what's the urgency to win in game 3?"
Popovich: Umm, to win a game. What kind of question.....(laughs to himself) c'mon guys....

Question to Pops: "blah blah blah, something hornets..."

Popovich: "WHAT?" Hornets? ..... (wtf?!?)

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd really prefer him to be back in some semblance of basketball shape before we face the Lakers, assuming we get that far.

Steve
We're up 2-0
It obviously depends on how this series unfolds over the course of the next 2 or 3 games,but IMO when your dealing with back issues,surgery, stamina...its best not to gamble with those things if you can get an extra week or so to heal.
Not to mention the possible chemistry issues trying to re-insert Lopez mid-series. Spot minutes maybe.

Not me. We go without him for the remainder of this one and get him back completely healthy & implemented for a WCF showdown with Kobe da Bitch the BIG front line of the Lakers.;)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will be really good if we can get rid of Barbosa this off season.

I think you may well be correct. It seems logical as LB does not fit with the current Suns team. However, I think on a given night LB may yet explode and win the Suns a game. IMO, Gentry thinks the same as he keeps going back to the well.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
You're forgiven. Actually you have good taste. ;)

Dudley held the suns in the game in the second quarter with his hustle when the Suns looked like they were going to take their ball and go home. That second unit plays some mean defense. They showed the first unit how to be more aggressive.

It seems up to now, Barbosa is more of a liability than asset. I admire the way Gentry still gives him some minutes. It may yet payoff.

That was an awesome game. It's amazing what hustle and offensive rebounding can do!

This Suns team has a lot of weapons, and is proving to everyone they can play multiple ways. That is just huge!

And I agree about Gentry trying to keep Barbs engaged.

Yes, he sucks against the Spurs. But if you noticed, someone told him to stop shooting and start passing in the 2nd half vs benching him the rest o the game, and he didn't screw up so bad. He just brought the ball up and setup some plays.

I think this is because the Suns need him if (knock wood) they get to the Lakers. As bad as LB is against the Spurs, he is historically good against the Lakers. If they get that far and his confidence is not shattered, he could play a huge role.

Anyway, LOS SUNS BABY!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

:)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Hey, we win a playoff game WITHOUT Richardson scoring 20 points!!!!! No one has talked about that on TV tonight.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Game notes
Portland coach Alvin Gentry says injured C Robin Lopez will travel with the team to San Antonio but there is no timetable on when he might appear in a game. ...
Apparently, ESPN got the scoope that between the end of game 2 and now, Gentry was fired by Suns, was hired by Portland, and somehow got Portland playing in the second round. Oh, and Suns also waived Lopez who was picked up by Portland.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
Spurs board when Dudley was fu$%ing them up

Dudley is killing us WTF
And another 1 for Dudley, really???
another damn "and 1"... come on guys, can you at least try to not foul.
Spurs complecent as jared dudley looks like kobe bryant out there
If they're gonna let Dudley kill them they might as well go home now.
this dudley dude is ****ing annoying
Holy ****, Dudley
You know we're playing like faggots when bitch ass Dudley is making us look like fools.
How is the whole team getting outrebounded by Jared Dudley?
12 offensive boards for Dudley.

Are you ****ing kidding me?
why the FUUUUUUCK is dudley getting some many ****ing boards

and ******* IT BONNER THAT WAS SOOOO ****ING OPEN
I swear to God if Dudley has another ****in offensive rebound!
of course. Nash got his rest, while Dudley was in Rodman`s mode...
Dudley is the Sun's secret weapon.
Dudley back in. SOMEBODY BOX HIM OUT.
No rebounding and no D on this bitch Dudley! WTF!
getting beat by dudley and amundson to all the boards..thats why
Ja-red Dud-ley Jar-ed Dud-ley Ja-red Dud-ley
We would be serious contenders instead of a ****ing joke team that gets pushed around by the Dudley's and Amundson's of the world. So sickening...
Jared Dudley... WOW
How in the f&^k does Dudley keep getting his own rebound????

pathetic rebounding.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was an awesome game. It's amazing what hustle and offensive rebounding can do!

This Suns team has a lot of weapons, and is proving to everyone they can play multiple ways. That is just huge!

And I agree about Gentry trying to keep Barbs engaged.

Yes, he sucks against the Spurs. But if you noticed, someone told him to stop shooting and start passing in the 2nd half vs benching him the rest o the game, and he didn't screw up so bad. He just brought the ball up and setup some plays.

I think this is because the Suns need him if (knock wood) they get to the Lakers. As bad as LB is against the Spurs, he is historically good against the Lakers. If they get that far and his confidence is not shattered, he could play a huge role.

Anyway, LOS SUNS BABY!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

:)

The same here. :thumbup:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are 1,432 pissed off Spurs fans currently viewing the Spurstalk message board.
:D

Do you have a link?

Great game by the Suns especially on defense and then those 3 point daggers by Frye and JRich.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
And how about Channing Frye, eh? I think he earned another million tonight. Not only the 3pt bombs, but he played some nice defense on Timmy for awhile. Definitely kept Duncan out of a rhythm in the 2nd and made him work for it.

Never underestimate the value of active height in the NBA. Both in this game and game 1, Frye's length has visibly altered the Spurs PnR on some sets.

Frye is no great defender by any stretch, but I'd much rather have a 7ft guy who can play the high post and drain the 3 on offense, and play active if not great defense, than a 6'7" guy doing the same thing.

Esp with Lopez out, Frye showing up so far is HUGE.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, now we are 3-0 with the Los Suns uniforms this season. And some of you didn't think it was a good idea ;)

Let's see, things the Suns accomplished tonight that many people would not think possible:

• Erase a double-digit deficit against the Spurs
  • Winning a game despite getting outshot 51% to 42%
  • Dominating the offensive boards (18) and outrebounding the Spurs again 49-37
  • Making key plays and getting key stops down the stretch in a close playoff game
  • Taking a 2-0 lead to San Antonio

The Spurs played well, we shot the ball poorly, and we still managed to win. Now if we can only work on those mid-range jumpers. We actually shot the ball really well from the 3-point line (48%) which was key. Our big three in this game wasn't as big as in game 1, but our other big three (Hill, Frye and Dudley) more than made up for it.

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man what a very nice win win by the suns, I just loved the way the Dudley came in and totally changed the game to our favor. Also Nash and Frye, and amare all had great games for us. Now we must take one in sa which I really believe we will do hopefully. GREAT WIN GO SUNS!!!! CAN'T WAIT TILL FRIDAY