Playoffs 2010: Western Conf Semifinals, Game 2 – Spurs At Suns Game Thread

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Guys...the Suns shot like crap for the most part and still got a win. If this is not proof the Suns can win in different ways....I don't know what is.
Wow. This team has really sucked me in again.
On a night where we play a SPURS team in a playoff game and we get outshot (S.A.)50% to (PHX)42% and outrebound them 49 to 37 and we get a WIN.
Amazing.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I love how the Suns stayed on the wing players towards the end. It required a really tough shot by Ginobili and Duncan's three for them to get any threes. This Suns defense plays excellent defense. THey were on lockdown for a while . I guess we can rest Lopez in Game 3.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't it about time for the obligatory "all they've done is hold serve" followed by the insightful "the series doesn't start until someone wins a road game"?

Steve

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Isn't it about time for the obligatory "all they've done is hold serve" followed by the insightful "the series doesn't start until someone wins a road game"?

Steve

Did you just come up with that, or did you just quote Chris Webber? (Who just said that EXACTthing)

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
ps Chris Weber is an IDIOT

HE just keeps saying over and over that we still CANT beat the Spurs on the road and Duncan and Frye will not do anything IN San Antonio and he STILL doesn't think we're that good....

Last edited:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I despise CHanning Frye but even I have to admit the guy was huge tonight!!!!

Steve Kerr's deal for Dudley was brilliant :)

Maybe Frye despises you. :D Also, the trade for Dudley and Richardson is the reason the Suns are where they are today. Also, many ripped him taking Lopez and Goran and look how that turned out. Moreover, keeping Nash for a few more years and not trading Amare is another big part in the team's success this year.

Let's hope they can come out on fire Friday night and shutup the Spur fans.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Did you just come up with that, or did you just quote Chris Webber? (Who just said that EXACTthing)

Well if the Spurs can't beat the Suns on the road then its okay with me since we have home court! I don't think the Suns will play poorly in the next game, they went through the toughest of defensive sets from SA tonight and still scored on them. Game 3 is a big game, going up 3-0 would be great.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe Frye despises you. :D Also, the trade for Dudley and Richardson is the reason the Suns are where they are today. Also, many ripped him taking Lopez and Goran and look how that turned out. Moreover, keeping Nash for a few more years and not trading Amare is another big part in the team's success this year.

Gospel

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Awesome, awesome win!!

Great hustle and energy by the bench in the second quarter to keep us in the game where the starters were struggling!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What's funny is when Barkley mentioned Robin, I went, "Holy crap! I just realized we're missing our primary post defender!"

A return of Lopez in SA will be HUGE for us.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
What's funny is when Barkley mentioned Robin, I went, "Holy crap! I just realized we're missing our primary post defender!"

Yea playing 4 on 5 in the beginning of playoff games (with Jarron) is not that pleasing.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score

The way the suns clicked together for this win.....I had a weird gut feeling of a rusty Robin in, maybe jacking some chemistry. Than I thought about Collins sucking so bad, that I felt better with Robin.:p

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm recording that telecast and watching the NBA channel. I had no idea what they were talking about over there.

Steve

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well if the Spurs can't beat the Suns on the road then its okay with me since we have home court! I don't think the Suns will play poorly in the next game, they went through the toughest of defensive sets from SA tonight and still scored on them. Game 3 is a big game, going up 3-0 would be great.
SUNS took care of business @ home(which quite frankly has been missing in the past against just about everybody) and have put themselves in a position to just go get "one" on the road in the next two gms and come home to put their foot down on the necks of SA.
:) I'm encouraged, but still cautious. I predicted a 7 game series and i'm sticking with it.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
The way the suns clicked together for this win.....I had a weird gut feeling of a rusty Robin in, maybe jacking some chemistry. Than I thought about Collins sucking so bad, that I felt better with Robin.:p
We should bring him off the bench with very limited minutes. I doubt though he will play in game 3 or 4.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
I missed it. What did the idiot say?

He's still running his ******* mouth.

He's just anti-Phoenix suns. Everything he says, ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT TOWARDS PHX. And he sucks George Hill's **** all day with all the praise for that fool that SA want to blame right now. You know when it's bad when Barkley calls Webber out.

Webber believes there will be 7 games.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
We should bring him off the bench with very limited minutes. I doubt though he will play in game 3 or 4.

I heard as early as game 3; that was yesterday. Something tells me though, with this win.....made a huge difference and decision maker whether Robin would have played in game 3 or not. With this win, no way....he could relax.

One thing though....hack a duncan? Man, that guy's FTs are horrible.