Playoffs: Clippers @ Suns Tuesday game thread 4-18-2023 - Game 2

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty on Devin Booker's shooting frenzy.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Okay.. Game one I was checking scores.. this game I fully stayed away..

How did we look? Were we leading the whole game and controlled the game? The Clippers had 31 free throw attempt vs our 14.. were the zebras just trying to keep them in the game?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How did we look? Were we leading the whole game and controlled the game? The Clippers had 31 free throw attempt vs our 14.. were the zebras just trying to keep them in the game?

The referees said no soup for you when it came to free throws.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man… I am dreading this game.

I kinda only want to win just so I can watch at least one meaningful playoff game with @Ouchie-Z-Clown on Saturday. It’s just so rare as a Phoenix Anything fan that we get to enjoy playoff games together. Would be much more fun thinking there’s still a chance even if we’re down 2-1 then what will likely amount to a fandom funeral if we’re down 0-3 going into Game 4.
Hey you can stick around and watch my goofballs get torn to shreds Saturday night when they don’t listen to me in huddle again. Corey’s make up game is Saturday night.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Van Gundy talking about Monty’s rotation and how hard it is for players to get into a groove when they don’t know if there gonna play or what kind of minutes

Then talks about Lue and how everyone on the clippers knows there job and what they need to do every night
Even in a win van gundy was questioning Monty’s moves almost to the end of the game. Van gundy knows what he’s talking about. Monty played two guys who didn’t sniff the court in game one.

Grasping
At
Straws

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Weird game. Clippers were hitting threes and the Suns were turning the ball over to start. We played VERY tight. We could’ve gotten run out of the gym.

End of the first half, we tied the game after being down double digits and we went on a crazy run start the 3rd quarter as well. Book went 7/8 in the third like the Superstar he is.

The 4th was a little dicey but CP3 hit some timely shots and Torrey Craig was big time again.

As for the foul discrepancy….the refs missed some but if you look at where KD and Book were shooting from (midrange) calls won’t really be called in that area.

Clippers attacked the rim and Suns don’t do the best job of staying in front of the ball.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This is where I’m at… Kawhi > KD (this was not the case 2-3 years ago).
Zubac is more effective than DA.
Westbrook is more impactful than CP3.
And the Clippers bench, which is league average, is light-years better than the Suns bench.

It’s gonna take Herculean efforts from Book and KD to merely give the Suns a chance. And I can’t even imagine what this would look like if Paul George was playing!
This is the scenario the rest of the way…
Can KD and Book continue to play 40+ mins each game, and not just play those mins, but play at extremely high efficiency rates?
I just don’t know… What I do know is that any drop-off from either of them will make winning virtually impossible.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wasn’t great tonight, but he manned up on the boards and wasn’t a pansy with zubac. I’ll take it.
Again, at about 6 mins left in the 2nd qtr we had scored 12 points in the quarter and Ayton had scored 10. If he played as bad as everyone else was during the start of the 2nd qtr we fall behind by 20 and lose.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Paul was X factor tonight. Man, if he was mid-2021 Paul we would run away with things.

Craig incredibly impactful.

Nice to see book go nova.

Ayton definitely kept us in the game for a stretch. Played much better. Has to stay outta dumb foul trouble.

Shamet did nothing . . . again.

KD’s value tonight was being our offense for a stretch and then drawing doubles to free up the other four big shots on our runs.

Bench dreadful again. Need good Payne back badly.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only 13 points from the bench by two guys kind of blows, but then again look at who played and not very much at that! I’m ok with the minutes in this game as it was a MUST win and Monty knew it so let it ride when Book was hot and left them in. KD has said he like to be in the 40-44 minute range so not sure he minds at all since his game is not based on being overly athletic more of a jump shooter.