PLEASE, loyal fans that GO to the games

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Call the Cardinals up today and let them know how you feel about the game in Mexico City. It's ridiculous, we have a very minimal fan base down there so it's not like we are taking the Raiders vs. Cowboys down to Mexico, it's the Cardinals vs. 49ers. It's not a neutral site, anywhere you go in the world there are fans of the Niners.....how many Cardinal fans are there? The stadium will be a 90/10 split of Niner fans vs. Cardinal fans. Essentially a 9th road game.

We have a home field advantage, a big one, the team plays extremely well there. If they are serious about winning NOW, why do this? I'm pissed. May discontinue my season tickets.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's how I see it - there are roughly 20-25k diehard season ticket holders...each of us should call, write, and email the team our displeasure.

I'm personally going to call them, then write them, and shoot off an email just for good measure. Going to be very mature and professional in my tone, but basically going to tell them I feel robbed. Like I'm being stabbed in the back after all these years of loyalty to the team. We home fans LIVE for our HOME games.

They just don't get it. And they probably won't care that it ticks us off. :bang:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just called and told them that I like the idea as long I as don't have to pay for the game.

:thewave:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many of you yelling the loudest about this have also been the most vociferous in defending the team's decisions in personnel due to lack of revenue. Also, many of you have been the most scornful of the national media's ignorance of this team.

Here, they get an opportunity to greatly increase both revenue and exposure and you'd rather them stay in the backwater of the NFL? The Cardinals would be ******** to NOT take this deal.

Now, if it was to be an annual event, that's a different story. I would think the league would have a rotation of teams doing this if they wish to do it every year.

seesred

Reaction score
I've been holding my seats since 1988. I have mixed emotions about this.
The good news I get to see another game on tv
My team gets added revenue to possably sign and upgrade team
I could take a trip in Oct to Mexico city

The bad news I miss 1 game in Sun Devil stadium against a team we should easily beat. ( yes I know two loses last year against this same bad team cost us the playoffs).

It looks like I'm going to Mexico City !!!!

GBR

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
earthsci said:
I called. I'm pissed.

If that sort of thing influenced them, they would've dropped the ASU lawsuit. One thing you can say about the Bidwills is that they are not afraid of pissing people off.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those of you that are cool with the decision:

Can you not see that even if it's "good" for the team (financially, yada yada yada) it can still suck to the fans, at least many of the diehard season ticket holders? :shrug:

That and the BS being spouted that the team didn't think this move would alienate any of their fans. Um, hello - get a clue. :doi:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
If that sort of thing influenced them, they would've dropped the ASU lawsuit. One thing you can say about the Bidwills is that they are not afraid of pissing people off.

Only in this situation it's more about feeling pissed on than pissed off... :shrug:

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Good for the GD Bidwills. I've supported every GD move they've made (like ASU) when others were ridiculing them. I go to football games in the 105 sunshine to support them. Surprise, here is my reward.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Those of you that are cool with the decision:

Can you not see that even if it's "good" for the team (financially, yada yada yada) it can still suck to the fans, at least many of the diehard season ticket holders? :shrug:

I'm as diehard as you Brian, and I can live with it this year.

Now, if they did this in the new stadium next year, that would be a different thing altogether. At least in my mind because of all the effort many of us put in to get that stadium passed and built. This year though, they are still just a renter, a distant 32nd to all the other 31 teams in terms of exposure and revenue. So, it makes sense that way. Since the team has been signing better players this year, it's more palatable. If we were sitting here having signed no one but Brad Johnson and Robert Griffith, I'd be more ticked.

I also think the NFL feels like they can call in some chips on the Cards for giving them a loan on the stadium, giving them the Super Bowl, giving Bidwill some of the preseason games he wanted, getting more revenue out than they put into the league, etc. So, the Cards have paid a due with this agreement too, I think.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i've been a season ticket holder for 7 years and I love the move. I can't wait to go to Azteca to see a game. I plan on going to 8 home games this year, except one will be in January. The "die hards" will complain today and mail off their invoice as soon as it comes in the mail. One less game at Sun Devil is a good thing.

Sun Devil= Half empty stadium with more 49ers fans than Cardinals fans, blacked out in PHX, played in 90-100 degree wheather

Azteca= 100,000 fans (and it will sell out), national TV, major event, exposure for players such as Boldin and Fitz, if they are gonna contend its time to start winning on the road anyway, a chance to see our favorite team play in Mexico City

All for it.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
The only problem with this is that we are at a disadvantage at having only 7 home games now and have to travel once again, yet the 49ers get to keep all 8 of their home games.

If it were to be fair we would play the 49ers in Mexico the first game then play them again in another country the 2nd time, giving us a bye week the next week. No home field advantage for either team in either game.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's still going to be called a home game, I want 2 tickets. Think the Cards are going to make sure all of us season ticket holders get tickets to the game? :shrug:

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
How many games will be played before Oct 2? If the Cards could have a good record going into this game, then there could be some huge exposure.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If it's still going to be called a home game, I want 2 tickets. Think the Cards are going to make sure all of us season ticket holders get tickets to the game?
i'm sure they'll offer a chance to get tickets or a vacation package

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
How many games will be played before Oct 2? If the Cards could have a good record going into this game, then there could be some huge exposure.

This would be the fourth game of the year. It would be nice if we weren't 0-3 or 1-2 for once.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a season ticket holder. I have no problem with watching the game on TV. SDS is a dump and it means one less game I have to pay for in that place.

Open the new stadium already!

:cheers:

Bobcat

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with The Cardinal Front office. They claim so far not many fans or others have called. Well that being aside. Here is what they told me.

1. This is happening this year, so next year when the new stadium is open we will have our full complament of home games.

2. This game will be played on a rotation basis until a team is either in Mexico or Canada.

3. This is why season tickets have not been sent out to us season ticket holders as of yet. Trying to figure out a 9 home game ticket price. I suggested that they either lower last years ticket prices by 10% to 20% to show good faith with their current season ticket holders.

4. I also stated that an early september home game would better suit us fans
rather any games in early October or later in the season. Of course with the 10% to 20% price reduction.

I know that we all feel slitted, but we only have our fans and sports media to blame for lack of support for this Professional Football. The Bidwells our in this as a business, so we should respect that; but we don't have to agree with this happening.

If anything we should all call the NFL offices in New York City and let the commissioner know how we all feel. But as you know he reall doesn't care what we may think. But that is my call on all of this BULL.

IT IS HARD TO ROOT FOR A TEAM THAT ABANDONS YOU, BUT IT IS ALSO HARD FOR A TEAM NOT TRY TO MAKE MORE MONEY IF YOU AS A COMMUNITY DON'T SUPPORT THE TEAM.

Allan :mad: :(

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why don't they really go after that fan base, ala the Angels in baseball?

The Mexico Cardinals of Arizona

Kinda has a nice ring to it, eh?

:|

I guess all the El Paso preseason talk was a smokescreen. They knew this move would piss off the fans and cause an uproar if they announced that this was being discussed weeks/months ago...very shady. :nono:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Why don't they really go after that fan base, ala the Angels in baseball?

The Mexico Cardinals of Arizona

Kinda has a nice ring to it, eh?

:|

I guess all the El Paso preseason talk was a smokescreen. They knew this move would piss off the fans and cause an uproar if they announced that this was being discussed weeks/months ago...very shady. :nono:

I think El Paso was a fall back plan if this did not work out.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
I just called and told them that I like the idea as long I as don't have to pay for the game.

:thewave:
As long were not going to pay for a homegame that its not in Arizona, I guess I can live with it.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
As long were not going to pay for a homegame that its not in Arizona, I guess I can live with it.
:stupid:
One less tailgate to get smashed at...
Sportsbar Sunday night, with a vacation day for the Monday that follows...

OP
OP
C

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
One less game with homefield advantage.....especially since most of us feel we have a shot at the playoffs and the difference in 1 game can mean you are in or out.

I guess winning just isn't that important this year. No need to keep every advantage we have.