PLEASE, loyal fans that GO to the games

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With the live gate and television audience in Mexico plus the national television audience on either ABC or ESPN (there are rumors that the Sunday night games will be on ABC and the Monday night game on ESPN) there will probably be more people watching this game than all the home games in this past season combined. From the positive side of things, this could be a tremendous moment to debut the new breed Cardinals on an international stage.

Codeofhammurabi

Cards Fan Since 1971
Reaction score
If we can't beat San Fran on a neutral field in front of a national audience, we are not going to be worth watching anyway. I think we win this game and 9 others to make it to the playoffs. Living in Missouri I am not a season ticket holder, and I would be pissed off if I were, but it is going to be nice to watch the Cards on national TV. Do we have an entire schedule out for the Cards yet (with dates).

:newcards:

:cards:

seesred

Reaction score
How many to Mexico city

I've checked airlines . With america west it's $385 round trip. If you left on the 1st a saturday and came home on Monday. There are many inexpensive hotels. I think I'll find out where the team plans to stay and hook up a room there if I can.

I know I spell poorly but lack the ability to hit the right keys all the time. I'm sorry about that. That being said Who wants to go..

Please e-mail me at [email protected].

GBR

Road trip

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Codeofhammurabi said:
If we can't beat San Fran on a neutral field in front of a national audience, we are not going to be worth watching anyway.

:cards:

I honestly feel that if the Cardinals do this right this won't be a neutral site. We are one of the closest teams to Mexico and we have a Mexican citizen on the roster. The Cards need to parade Rolando Cantu all over Mexico City. The locals will love to root for one of their own!

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Codeofhammurabi said:
Do we have an entire schedule out for the Cards yet (with dates).

Not yet. Maybe in two weeks or so when the NFL expects this game to be formally announced?

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be ticked off if I lived in AZ. Heck, I'm a little ticked off anyway.

I interpret things like this (and not playing on NFL opening day in 2001) as "No one really cares about the Cards, so no harm, no foul." Now, I know this was a Cards front office decision and I don't think that they really think that no one cares, but, damn, they sure act like it sometimes. It just sucks rooting for a team that, I dunno, seems to be on the losing end -- of everything -- all the time. WTF?

I doubt SERIOUSLY that this little move will bring in tons more Cards fans. Even if the fans do come for a while, they'll get into the sport and then realize that there are 20 better teams than the Cards and drop them like a hot potato. So the Cards get additional revenue, but at what cost? Ticking off the loyal fans?

I sure do hope they put some sort of travel package together for you guys.

I wonder if any other football team would allow this to happen. What are the guys on the 49ers board saying?

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Many of you yelling the loudest about this have also been the most vociferous in defending the team's decisions in personnel due to lack of revenue. Also, many of you have been the most scornful of the national media's ignorance of this team.

Here, they get an opportunity to greatly increase both revenue and exposure and you'd rather them stay in the backwater of the NFL? The Cardinals would be ******** to NOT take this deal.

Now, if it was to be an annual event, that's a different story. I would think the league would have a rotation of teams doing this if they wish to do it every year.

I think it makes a lot of sense for the organization.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
If I lived in Arizona and was a season ticket holder I would be pissed off big time. As it is I think it's bull ****. In case management hadn't noticed, we only seem to win at home. Why in the world would we want to give up a possible win for another road loss. It's hard enough for me to go to a Card game on the east coast. Why should we as fans have to go to another country to see our team play. Let the 49ers give up the home game, why do we have to. We need all the help we can get and having to play more road games is not going to help this team make the playoffs.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
The only problem with this is that we are at a disadvantage at having only 7 home games now and have to travel once again, yet the 49ers get to keep all 8 of their home games.

If it were to be fair we would play the 49ers in Mexico the first game then play them again in another country the 2nd time, giving us a bye week the next week. No home field advantage for either team in either game.

Yeah, it would be great if it were the niner home game we were playing down there.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:
I wonder if any other football team would allow this to happen.

According to the Cards ticket office, this game in Mexico will be rotated among other teams in future years. We would just be the first. Hopefully, once we're in the new stadium, it'll be many years before we give up another home game.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Azlen said:
With the live gate and television audience in Mexico plus the national television audience on either ABC or ESPN (there are rumors that the Sunday night games will be on ABC and the Monday night game on ESPN) there will probably be more people watching this game than all the home games in this past season combined. From the positive side of things, this could be a tremendous moment to debut the new breed Cardinals on an international stage.

Plus, it will help recruit Mexican football players. How can that be a bad thing.

I hear there is a 6'10" cornerback that runs a 3.1 40 -- barefoot. :eek:

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Hopefully, once we're in the new stadium, it'll be many years before we give up another home game.
It should be at least 31 years.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've checked airlines . With america west it's $385 round trip. If you left on the 1st a saturday and came home on Monday. There are many inexpensive hotels. I think I'll find out where the team plans to stay and hook up a room there if I can.
what we need is the team to charter a plane and reserve some seats and rooms for fans. They could book a package like they have done in the past for other road games. That way it would probably take the hassle of transportation and what not out of the equation and we would be hanging out with tons of Cardinals fans the whole trip.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
I honestly feel that if the Cardinals do this right this won't be a neutral site. We are one of the closest teams to Mexico and we have a Mexican citizen on the roster. The Cards need to parade Rolando Cantu all over Mexico City. The locals will love to root for one of their own!

Thank you. That WILL GUARANTEE a homefield advantage. I'll be there to watch us kill the cuarenta y nueves (49ers in Spanish, i think).

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
I don't mind so much, as long as I don't have to pay the same price as last year, I will probaly head down there anyway. But I hear these people calling into the radio stations saying I was really gonna get season tickets to the Cards but now I won't be, cause there playing a game in Mexico. What BS is that, these cheap people out here always look for an excuse to not go to the games. I was gonna go but ______, same crap new year. We have the local sports coverage to help them with there exuses, what a joke!!!

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score

why is it the Cardinals that lose a home game?
Why not the Neeners?
Oh wait - the 9ers have a decent history in this league.
Bidwill has no pride OR shame....

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:

It doesn't look to be neutral, they have this poll on that ESPN Desportes page and like 70% of the people were picking the 9ers so far.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
just win the game and everything will take care of it's self. I dont like it but what can you do.

IMO it is just bad press that this team really didn't need.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardinalLaw said:
It doesn't look to be neutral, they have this poll on that ESPN Desportes page and like 70% of the people were picking the 9ers so far.

Somehow I'm not surprised.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
On the plus side this is extra incentive for the players and coaches to avoid being the first NFL team to lose a real game played on foreign soil.

Maybe those geniuses can come up with a game plan to beat the worst team in football if given some extra incentive to do so.

I see the positives if we win, if we lose though it's not something we are going to be proud of and if the sport ever goes international we'd have to hear about that every few years as a trivia question..

I wouldn't have done it.

Reaction score
red desert said:
Plus, it will help recruit Mexican football players. How can that be a bad thing.

I hear there is a 6'10" cornerback that runs a 3.1 40 -- barefoot. :eek:

But I heard that when they put cleats on him his best time matched his height - 6.10! :cool:

Football in Mexico... pppffttt! That would be like playing soccer in the U.S. :shrug:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05