PLEASE, loyal fans that GO to the games

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
andikrist said:
How's 9th place feeling right about now?

Kinda sucks, but having played for and won 3 of the last 5 titles takes away the sting a little. :D

Besides, I'm already on the record saying it's going to suck for the next 7 years having #8 on the team. :bang:

Edit - my bad, wasn't getting into a title discussion (overlooked the Spurs :D ). Just making the point that the Suns fans see the Lakers as their "rival" and not vice versa, similar to the Cards fans that considered the Cowboys their "rival." :D

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
Didn't some teams open in Japan last year? Same thing.

That was pre-season.

This will be the first Regular Season NFL game held outside of the US.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Kinda sucks, but having played for and won 3 of the last 4 titles takes away the sting a little. :D

b oy - I bet it stings a little more having actually won 3 of the last 5 titles then. Lakers fans who don't even know the basics about their team or over-estimate their success(people still say Kobe broke up the dynasty out here in LA when in reality, the Lakers haven't won in two years - kind of hard to be a dynasty when you're not the champ anymore - or even the champ one year removed) - are ********.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
When we're beating on people, this will be the game where people actually stand up and take notice that we are for real - that we AREN'T the same old Cardinals.

Talk about having a hissy fit for relatively nothing - you'd think the NFL just crapped on people's heads...

When, when, when.

To just about everybody else except us diehard Cardinal fans, this team is still the "Same Old Cardinals" until they prove otherwise on the field and people take notice. I wouldn't start counting the wins yet -- this is the Cardinals, after all.

I guess the front office is so cocky now that they actually spent some money that they think they can still make the playoffs with 7 home games and 9 games on the road.

Last edited:

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Rocco said:
This has been an interesting thread. Two different opinions and both have their merits.

Personally, I'm in the 'same ol' Bidwill' camp where a chance at winning (and giving the fans an even break) has once again been sacrificed for their own short term financial gain. It's no coincidence that we're the designated home team for this game.

That being said, this will all blow over if we win the game. If we lose, this will end up being yet another PR blunder for the Bidwills. Should be an interesting week.

Rocco, I think I wrote the same thing in a another thread. :)

This whole situation keeps reminding of something you would see in the Apprentice TV show. I don't know if you watch it, but if you were vying for the Apprentice and you made a move like this to handicapp yourself in the upcoming season, Donald Trump would immediately fire you!!

I just want to tell Bidwill, YOU'RE FIRED!!!

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Scott MS said:
When, when, when.

To just about everybody else except us diehard Cardinal fans, this team is still the "Same Old Cardinals" until they prove otherwise on the field and people take notice. I wouldn't start counting the wins yet -- this is the Cardinals, after all.

I guess the front office is so cocky now that they actually spent some money that they think they can still make the playoffs with 7 home games and 9 games on the road.

What better place to show off this new product than the national stage?

Sounds like you're not quite sold on the new program and you're a season ticket holder. How are they supposed to increase the fan base with people that won't come to the games? Kick the crap out of the whiners at SDS in front of 35,000? I know winning and the playoffs will seal it up for us. I just don't agree with how critical it is with the whiners in Mexico. It's not their home field either. Comes down to the same basics. Just win.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
(people still say Kobe broke up the dynasty out here in LA when in reality, the Lakers haven't won in two years - kind of hard to be a dynasty when you're not the champ anymore - or even the champ one year removed) - are ********.

It was a weak dynasty anyway in my opinion. Besides Kobe and Shaq, and maybe Fish and Horry for some time, they really didn't have much of a team. It was more of a one-two punch with Kobe and Shaq and they just prayed that someone would step up from the bench. As an old-school Laker fan, I'm more enamored with the Showtime teams of the 80's than the 3-peat Lakers of 00-02. :shrug:

Besides, I never said Kobe broke up the "dynasty." Management made the call to keep Kobe and get rid of Shaq.

I'd cut the fans a little slack (although there are a lot of uneducated, and/or bandwagon Lakers fans in LA). Over-estimating the team's success? Hello? We did just play in the Finals for 4 out of 5 years, even though we only won 3. Two years removed from winning it all, but we were in the Finals last year. :thumbup:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
It was a weak dynasty anyway in my opinion. Besides Kobe and Shaq, and maybe Fish and Horry for some time, they really didn't have much of a team. It was more of a one-two punch with Kobe and Shaq and they just prayed that someone would step up from the bench. As an old-school Laker fan, I'm more enamored with the Showtime teams of the 80's than the 3-peat Lakers of 00-02. :shrug:

Besides, I never said Kobe broke up the "dynasty." Management made the call to keep Kobe and get rid of Shaq.

I'd cut the fans a little slack (although there are a lot of uneducated, and/or bandwagon Lakers fans in LA). Over-estimating the team's success? Hello? We did just play in the Finals for 4 out of 5 years, even though we only won 3. Two years removed from winning it all, but we were in the Finals last year. :thumbup:

most of my rant wasn't really directed at you, but more so at myopic Laker fans out here in La La - but tell me, how is living in the past with one team and bitching about the present with another?:D

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:
What better place to show off this new product than the national stage?

Sounds like you're not quite sold on the new program and you're a season ticket holder. How are they supposed to increase the fan base with people that won't come to the games? Kick the crap out of the whiners at SDS in front of 35,000? I know winning and the playoffs will seal it up for us. I just don't agree with how critical it is with the whiners in Mexico. It's not their home field either. Comes down to the same basics. Just win.

No, that's not what I think. I've posted my opinion on this and why I'm against it, it seems like 100 times during the last couple of days. It all comes down to taking money over keeping a competitive advantage. Too many people just say "we should be the Niners anyways" instead of looking simply at the move and seeing how stupid it is from a competitive perspective.

Last edited:

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:
How are they supposed to increase the fan base with people that won't come to the games?

Win football games and go to the playoffs, and don't do anything stupid to make the road to the playoffs harder -- like move home games to other cities.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
most of my rant wasn't really directed at you, but more so at myopic Laker fans out here in La La - but tell me, how is living in the past with one team and bitching about the present with another?:D

:hammer:

:D