BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns 2004 Lineup

PG-Steve Nash
SG-Joe Johnson
SF-Kobe Bryant
PF-Antonio McDyess
PF-Amare Stoudemire

*The Suns were using this two power forward lineup towards the end of the season and it seemed to work better.

Trade 2004 Draft picks all of them
Trade Shawn Marion

BMF

Rookie
Reaction score
I've said it before, but I've seen these stupid lineout predictions a lot too...

If Kobe becomes a sun I bolt. If we lose JJ or Marion I'll probably bolt too...

Not that anyone cares or it really matters, but Kobe is a tool. I could never support him, even if he did make whatever team I support a contender...

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a 0.00000000000001% of this happening.

Welcome to the board, try to stay within the realms of reason.

Freddie

Registered
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
There is a 0.00000000000001% of this happening.

Welcome to the board, try to stay within the realms of reason.

Just like 99.999% of the trades these guys come up with...

scotsman13

Reaction score
personally, i would like to see this as the starting line up the suns next year.
barbosa
jj
marion
amare
mcdyess

give this team time to grow. i personally dont think that kobe is a good fit for this team. i dont think that kobe is a winner and i think that there is a very good chance that kobe will get a long stay prison. the finals have shown very clearly that kobe isnt willing to be the second choose on a team. and on the team he must be the second option to amare. the lakers fell apart because of chemersty problem of shaq and kobe. i dont want to see that happen to the suns.

this is from foxsports

That leaves Bryant, also a quirky case. He'll officially become a free agent in the coming weeks, and, normally, teams would break down walls to present him with a contract offer. But he will be on trial for rape in Colorado in September. If a team signs him, it is going to have to deal with an extended absence in training camp while the trial goes on. And if he is found guilty, then what? You've signed a marquee player who's facing a life sentence and will never play a minute for you. You'll have cap space, but you'll also have a big PR mess to clean up.

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2493008

all in all it is going to be a very fun off season to watch.

frdbtr

Registered
Reaction score
BOLDIN said:
Suns 2004 Lineup

PG-Steve Nash
SG-Joe Johnson
SF-Kobe Bryant
PF-Antonio McDyess
PF-Amare Stoudemire

*The Suns were using this two power forward lineup towards the end of the season and it seemed to work better.

Trade 2004 Draft picks all of them
Trade Shawn Marion

First of all, under what circumstances would the Suns have the ability to sign both Steve nash and Kobe Bryant to a contract? Secondly, I have been very vocal about not wanting Kobe to be a sun. I think that my point was proven very well during the finals that Kobe is a selfish player and I think that he would destroy any chemestry that the suns would hope to have. Here is my take on why the Piston's destroyed the Lakers in this Finals Series. The pistons made it a point to Play Shaq straight up and to run everyone at Kobe, Why? Because Shaq killed them by passing out of the double and triple teams and Kobe tried to shoot over the top of, or drive around them. This usually resulted in a bad shot, or a turnover by Kobe. Look at his shooting percentage during the finals. How many shots did he take? I haven't looked at them to verify my assumptions, but I would guess that Kobe had one of the worst shooting percentages on his team and took the most shots in the finals. If he comes to the Suns, I will root for the Suns and hope that my prediction is wrong, but I think that it will be a major mistake if the Suns sign him.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
BMF said:
I've said it before, but I've seen these stupid lineout predictions a lot too...

If Kobe becomes a sun I bolt. If we lose JJ or Marion I'll probably bolt too...

Not that anyone cares or it really matters, but Kobe is a tool. I could never support him, even if he did make whatever team I support a contender...

Don't let the door hit you on the way out! :rolleyes:

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
2004-5 Squad

Two possibilities:

Starters
1)

B.Barry
JJ
Marion
Amare
Ratliff

Bench

Eisley
Charbarkapa
Lampe
Voskuhl
J.Barry
Barbosa

2)
Starters

Vujanic
JJ
T-Mac
Amare
McDyess

Bench

Eisley
Charbarkapa
Lampe
Voskuhl
Hoiberg
Eldon Campbell

Last edited:

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Of all the free agents or possible moves the suns could make I think the best option for the team as of right now is too keep jj, marion, and sign Steve Nash. If reports that Vujanic is not coming over are true this is our best option. I really like Leandro and think he can be a good player, but I dont see him as our point gaurd of the future.

Also, getting T-Mac or Kobe is assured to do one very important thing in the future. And that is piss Amare off. Having either one of those is going to greatly limit Amares touches. He all think Amare can become an unreal player so lets get players to assist him and help him not hurt him.

Few people would be as good at spreading the ball to JJ, Shawn, and Amare as Nash would.

So my vote is do our best to sign Nash and another servicable player and keep the core of our team intact.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Steve Nash - No defense, too much $$$, too old

Brent Barry - Too much $$$, too old

Mehmet Okur - WAY too much $$$, not good

B.Barry
JJ
Marion
Amare
Ratliff

Bench

Eisley
Charbarkapa
Lampe
Voskuhl
J.Barry
Barbosa

How do you expect to get Theo Ratliff? He's not even a free agent.

Your Tmac scenario is also not very realistic anymore.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Outbidding Cuban for Nash would be suicide. He will get around 8 million a year I would assume. He can't even play a full season for gods sake. Not to mention anything more than a 4 year deal means we will be paying for a shell of a player for the extra years.....

After FINALLY ridding ourselves of Googs and Penny, how can people suddenly forget the importance of not overpaying (especially for injury prone players!)

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
After FINALLY ridding ourselves of Googs and Penny, how can people suddenly forget the importance of not overpaying (especially for injury prone players!)

I'm with ya...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:

And isn't it funny that the majority of players touted for on this board are ALL going to be overpaid. All of them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if this team signs Steve Nash and Mehmet Okur I will vomit. Stop gap moves if I ever saw them.

Bottom line is this offseason should be Kobe/McGrady or bust - save cap room for next year and let the guy develop otherwise were looking at a Googs/LOngley like offseason and that one set us back for a half decade.

Funny thing about Kobe is this - come playoff time during the title runs - I don't remember anyone saying that Kobe was selfish and you know why that is - HE had teamates he trusted could score - Horry from three, Shaq was beyond dominant, Fisher from the corners, hell even Rick Fox, Brian Shaw and Ron Harper - and it was at that point that we saw the unbelievable player that I don't think we've seen the last two years. The reason we haven't seen that from Kobe the last couple years is simply because besides a fat lazy Shaq - THERE IS NO SUPPORTING CAST. Kobe's young and athletic - you think he doesn't want to get out on the wing or lead a fast break with two other guys (Marion, JJ or Amare) flying down there with him? Those four would be unstoppable coming at people in waves - Basketball would be fun again and I guarantee you if they sing Kobe - WE ARE THE NEXT DYNASTY - plain and simple.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we are going to do "fantasy" lineups, I prefer to do ones that don't require lots of improbable steps to get there. That being said, the only assumption I'll make is that White goes to the Bobcats) here is mine:

C - Mark Blount (Lampe and Voskuhl as backups)
PF - Stoudemire (McDyess as backup on both positions)
SF - Marion (Carbakapa as backup)
SG - Johnson (Iguodala and Jacobsen as backups)
PG - Brent Barry (Barbosa as backup)

Eisley on IR :D

Blount and Barry are widely believed to be available at or just over the MLE. Assuming White goes and the cap is set at $45, this would give the Suns $17 million to play with:

Iguodala - $1.9
Blount - $5.5
Barry - $5.5
Dice - 2.5
-------------
Total - $15.4

It would leave $1.6 million for Vujanic if he is available. Of course, if the Suns drafted Iggy and signed Barry, they could probably be able to trade Jacobsen for another million in cap space.

This team has the potential to be an upper tier contender even if Lampe does not develop quickly. If Lampe turns out to be a stud center, this team would have the depth to go a long way.

Mad Psyentist

Reaction score
I dont know if its been mentioned by anyone, but why not try and sign Derek Fisher. I heard somewhere that he'll probably opt-out of his contract and of all the lakers, hes the only one i can stand. He'd work well as a veteran pg, whose defense would be great against all but the quickest pgs. He'd make a great mentor for Barbosa and could provide this team some leadership. He's also shown he can shoot. Most importantly, he'd come a lot cheaper than Nash.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
If we are going to do "fantasy" lineups, I prefer to do ones that don't require lots of improbable steps to get there. That being said, the only assumption I'll make is that White goes to the Bobcats) here is mine:

C - Mark Blount (Lampe and Voskuhl as backups)
PF - Stoudemire (McDyess as backup on both positions)
SF - Marion (Carbakapa as backup)
SG - Johnson (Iguodala and Jacobsen as backups)
PG - Brent Barry (Barbosa as backup)

Eisley on IR :D

Blount and Barry are widely believed to be available at or just over the MLE. Assuming White goes and the cap is set at $45, this would give the Suns $17 million to play with:

Iguodala - $1.9
Blount - $5.5
Barry - $5.5
Dice - 2.5
-------------
Total - $15.4

It would leave $1.6 million for Vujanic if he is available. Of course, if the Suns drafted Iggy and signed Barry, they could probably be able to trade Jacobsen for another million in cap space.

This team has the potential to be an upper tier contender even if Lampe does not develop quickly. If Lampe turns out to be a stud center, this team would have the depth to go a long way.
\

George - that team is an 8 seed if I've ever seen one. I'll puke if those are the moves they make this summer also.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I still don't understand this love affair with Brent Barry. He's a fine player, but the odds of him coming to Phoenix are slim at best. Same with Mark Blount. If he will only cost 5.5 for us to sign him, wouldn't Boston be better off re-signing him for 6? I think Blount may end up staying in Beantown.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
I still don't understand this love affair with Brent Barry. He's a fine player, but the odds of him coming to Phoenix are slim at best. Same with Mark Blount. If he will only cost 5.5 for us to sign him, wouldn't Boston be better off re-signing him for 6? I think Blount may end up staying in Beantown.

I like Brent Barry, but I also don't see him signing here. Supposedly Blount wants out of Boston, but they sure sounded like he would prefer to stay within Eastern Conference team. There was talk of him going to Miami.

Steve Nash would make this team significantly better, but his age and the money it will take to sign him are a problem. I'm just not very excited about anybody in free agency except Kobe Bryant. I don't want Okur. I don't really want Steve Nash. I don't want Brent Barry. I don't see Mark Blount being a very big help. I'll the Suns management can figure something out.

Joe Mama

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
I like Brent Barry, but I also don't see him signing here. Supposedly Blount wants out of Boston, but they sure sounded like he would prefer to stay within Eastern Conference team. There was talk of him going to Miami.

Steve Nash would make this team significantly better, but his age and the money it will take to sign him are a problem. I'm just not very excited about anybody in free agency except Kobe Bryant. I don't want Okur. I don't really want Steve Nash. I don't want Brent Barry. I don't see Mark Blount being a very big help. I'll the Suns management can figure something out.

Joe Mama

Exactly.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
I still like Stromile Swift and Andre Iguodala (possibly Milos Vujanic):

Stromile Swift F/C
Amare Stoudemire F
Shawn Marion F
Joe Johnson G/F
Leandro Barbosa G

Andre Iguodala G/F
Milos Vujanic PG
Maciej Lampe F/C
Zarko Cabarkapa F
Jake Voskuhl C
Casey Jacobsen G
Jahidi White C

Howard Eisley PG

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Steve Nash - No defense, too much $$$, too old

Brent Barry - Too much $$$, too old

Mehmet Okur - WAY too much $$$, not good

How do you expect to get Theo Ratliff? He's not even a free agent.

Your Tmac scenario is also not very realistic anymore.
Trade for (1 lineup

Jahidi White
Casey Jacobson
7th Pick (Martynas)

to Portland for

Theo

or

Trade for (2 lineup

Jahidi White
Casey Jacobsen
Marion
Barbosa
7th Pick

to Orlando for

T-Mac

You may get the impression I do not like Casey Jacobsen and that we are destined to get stuck with Eisley.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
coloradosun said:
Jahidi White
Casey Jacobson
7th Pick (Martynas)

to Portland for

Theo

MA is pretty much as good as out of the draft. And Theo, while a good shot blocker, might be worth Jahidi and Casey, but I'm not sure adding the 7th is such a good trade for us.

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think that is what the Suns want everyone else to think that so that he is not selected and have had his agent say if he is not a top 5 he will drop out. Blowing smoke.

In my estimation, Portland would love to get this kid as a way bringing Sabonis back and it might not be possible to obtain him next year if they cant' find a trading partner.

I have read some threads where we were involved in discussions on acquiring Theo from Atlanta but did not have the contracts that the Hawks wanted. So if we were entertaining the thought of acquiring him, we now have ammo to do a deal with Portland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05