Post Lions Overreaction Thread 2024

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's still very early for this year's class, but Monti's draft picks aren't doing a whole lot outside of MHJ and Paris. I think replacing Wilson with Zay Jones will actually help the offense. Garrett Williams seems alright, but he hasn't really stood out. Stills had a good game today, but he didn't do anything the first two games.

For a GM who is so focused on drafting, this lack of production isn't super promising. Especially since Monti seems to have a penchant for drafting older players.

Maybe he has been hanging out with James Jones of the Suns. ;)

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Defense played better than I thought, however still could not get off the field first half, and couldn’t make a crucial stop late. Still need talent infusion on dline and edge. On offense started good and just like the Dbacks fall of a cliff for majority of the game after. KM and MHJ still need to iron things out, lots of plays that should have been made. I will still take a 2-2 start considering we played two Super Bowl contenders

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
the 2 minute warning thing was just plain ole bad luck.

what wasnt was letting them hand the ball off on 3rd and 12 and pick up the first down.

I think we are seeing just how good Fitz and Hopkins were on contested balls -- MHJ will get better but he just isnt very good in those situations.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think most expected a loss with Beachum out, it sucked because the game seemed so winnable. The offense doesn't function if we can't run the ball, on top of that Kyler just had a bad game. I hope Kyler didn't tweak his ankle too bad, it seemed off after he got stepped on in the 1st quarter.

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
I would like to be negative but they actually did better than I personally had predicted against a team that was a couple of plays away from going to the Super Bowl. Especially after watching the defense in the first game and the first half of this game. Must admit that I only got to watch the first half of this game.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
just got home mall/park day kwahinas with gf why no wtf cards posts in gm lol

Missed gm booooooooo :( on losin at home to fing lion

Really wish murray magic would show up.more often......... :(

Im just kind of happy harrison got td lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outside of the somewhat alarming lack of chemistry between Kyler and Marv, what bothers me most about this team is their total lack of identity.

Last year at least they were a plucky team who ran the ball well and gave teams a better game than most expected.

This team… not sure what they are. Today’s game was about as mid a performance as I can possibly imagine. But maybe that’s just what this team is… a total mid 7 or 8 win team. Uninspiring, while not infuriating. Just kind of a big ball of meh.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My overreaction is we coached scared.

We passed on going for it on 4th and inches when the defense was gassed.

We ran it 3 straight times after a turnover and then passed on the FG down by 10.

We apparently game planned the go route to Harrison to stop the rush and never deviated from that.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We lost the battle of the trenches on both sides of the ball. Surprisingly we did a decent job at RT. Lions just a more physical team.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we can make the playoffs.
This division is going to be the last man standing. Seattle will come back to earth. The 49ers blew a lead to a team we clocked.

Today , we lost. We scraped and clawed but came up short. You lose games for reasons and they usually are different from game to game.

Today the offense let us down. The defense held our opponent to 20 pts. And had 6 pts. Taken off the board.

Let’s move on and beat Washington and we will be back to .500. Then bring on the niners. I really believe we are going to play a roll on who gets in the playoffs. One of those teams may just be us.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I don't know, I just think the team we saw today is the actual team we are...who knows, according to JG we'll have to wait until after next week to know who we are lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05