Post Lions Overreaction Thread 2024

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
we can make the playoffs.
This division is going to be the last man standing. Seattle will come back to earth. The 49ers blew a lead to a team we clocked.

Today , we lost. We scraped and clawed but came up short. You lose games for reasons and they usually are different from game to game.

Today the offense let us down. The defense held our opponent to 20 pts. And had 6 pts. Taken off the board.

Let’s move on and beat Washington and we will be back to .500. Then bring on the niners. I really believe we are going to play a roll on who gets in the playoffs. One of those teams may just be us.

This is pretty much where I'm at. A win today and we would have felt like a team of destiny, but a loss isn't so damming.

Hopefully we'll have a great week of practice, get Beach back, and then run it up on Kliff and their rookie QB this Sunday.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cardinals offense meet elite run d for the 1st time this season and couldn't respond. I don't think Lions have given up more than 80 yards rushing in game yet this season. Passing game with MHJ far from been at the level to beat the good teams when your bread and butter in run game taken away.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Outside of the somewhat alarming lack of chemistry between Kyler and Marv, what bothers me most about this team is their total lack of identity.

Last year at least they were a plucky team who ran the ball well and gave teams a better game than most expected.

This team… not sure what they are. Today’s game was about as mid a performance as I can possibly imagine. But maybe that’s just what this team is… a total mid 7 or 8 win team. Uninspiring, while not infuriating. Just kind of a big ball of meh.
I'm going to chalk it up to being a young team. So I think we all knew there would be some growing pains. So let's hope to see some improvement as the year goes on, and give us hope for next year. It's kinda what we do isn't it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know, I just think the team we saw today is the actual team we are...who knows, according to JG we'll have to wait until after next week to know who we are lol
I don’t think that is accurate. Detroit completely dictated everything in this game.

They ran on us at will, and they took our run game away.

We became one dimensional and easily defended. I don’t think most opponents can do that to us.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I’m still in the philipines , but will finally will be home with new family soon, just woke up to the box score showing 2-1 passing for the cards and 2- 1 running for the lions, in a 1 score game.

Reviewing the highlites don’t show the core of the game, was lost to run defense and lack of preparation in the preseason with MHJ , Wilson showed up as I predicted.

Our identity is unprepared coaching, poor foresight and insight, poor judgement and make poor decisions. Execution is off like a preseason game.

My point being season may be over or crippled before cards hit their stride, I think they would be much better against the lions in an 8th regular season game, then they were in a 3rd.

Hats off to the lions, they earned it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The Cardinals looked like a young team who hasn’t learned how to handle situations where things aren’t easy. Hopefully they growth out of that.
They’re a team that isn’t good enough to compete with the best teams in the NFL. They’re as mediocre as it gets. No mental fortitude would’ve prevented them from getting gashed in the run game.

Plus, this team isn’t that young.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05