Post Lions Overreaction Thread 2024

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Well, after watching last night MNF game and the Commanders, this week's game will be a little bit tougher than what most people on here first thought.
agreed

but, as we just witnessed with Kyler from Week 2 to Week 3: the likelihood of Jayden Daniels playing that well next week are very low

the Commies dont defend the run all that well either --

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I agree completely. You get a big turnover and call run, run, run, run, turnover on downs? Petzing has had stinkers in 2 out of 3 games thus far. All the preseason talk of him maybe being poached as a HC has proven way premature.

I like Petzing’s commitment to the run in that spot we just should’ve gone with Conner in hindsight. You usually trust Kyler to make a 1st in that scenario.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
agreed

but, as we just witnessed with Kyler from Week 2 to Week 3: the likelihood of Jayden Daniels playing that well next week are very low

the Commies dont defend the run all that well either --
This isn’t accurate. They gave up 3.7 and 3.4 Urad’s per carry in two games and all three games featured QBs who ran for over 20 yards. They’ve got studs at interior tackle in Payne and Allen.

Reactions: PJ1

football karma

Reaction score
This isn’t accurate. They gave up 3.7 and 3.4 Urad’s per carry in two games and all three games featured QBs who ran for over 20 yards. They’ve got studs at interior tackle in Payne and Allen.
not sure where the stats above came from, but:

in their 3 games, they have given up to Running Backs: 310 yards rushing on 60 attempts for 5.2 a carry

thats not good. For perspective, the Cards gave up 4.8 vs the Lions (Montgomery and Gibbs) and that felt awful

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Urads...freaking nerds always coming up with new bullshyte stats

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
not sure where the stats above came from, but:

in their 3 games, they have given up to Running Backs: 310 yards rushing on 60 attempts for 5.2 a carry

thats not good. For perspective, the Cards gave up 4.8 vs the Lions (Montgomery and Gibbs) and that felt awful
Ah, you’re right. I accidentally looked at Washington rushing numbers against cincy instead of Cindy’s numbers.

They did a good job against the bucs, but rachaad white has proven to be a poor runner overall, so even that has to be taken with a grain of salt. I’m surprised they’ve been so poor with their stud DTs.

football karma

Reaction score
hey did a good job against the bucs, but rachaad white has proven to be a poor runner overall
the weird thing there is Whites average was terrible, but Bucky Irving had like 70 yards on 10 carries in the same game (thank you Fantasy Football for me knowing that)

with Rallis and Gannon getting an eyeful monday night of just how good the Commanders offense could be --

we are going to see a rush heavy attack and snapping the ball with 2 secs left on the playclock from the Cardinal offense

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree completely. You get a big turnover and call run, run, run, run, turnover on downs? Petzing has had stinkers in 2 out of 3 games thus far. All the preseason talk of him maybe being poached as a HC has proven way premature.
That is the series that I think lost us the game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05