Post week 3 power rankings

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Hey guys we are finally a favorite by 4 1/2 points. Actually I would prefer to still be an underdog. Sunday in part of the pregame interviews the subject of Arizona was brought up. One of the commentators who had predicted all Arizona games to be losses for us was asked if he had changed his mind about Arizona? He said "Well, I guess I have to". Not yes but "I guess". I think we would have to win 6 in a row to convince anyone we are for real. Of course I need a couple of more wins myself to be completely convinced as I have followed this team way to long to be turned around by three games. Not only did we win three in a row but against 3 very good teams. No reason we should not win this week but there was no way we could win the first three.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
In a lot of these polls the Cardinals moved up quite a few slots (9-10 spots) from the previous week so I don't feel bad if they are in the 4, 5, or 6 spot now. Another dominant win will move them the final few spots to be in the top 3 after this weekend.

Most of these guys will not slide us into the top 3 and move the team an incredible 12-14 spots. I am okay with sitting in the 4-6 slot for now. What Houston and Atlanta do will also affect the team's spot.

Reaction score
realistically, much of this board was predicting 5 or less wins
Meh, I don't put much stock into that either. :D

I don't bother much with pre-season nor pre-game predictions. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy reading/listening to the stuff; I just never put much weight to it.

All it amounts to someone's opinion, and as we have all likely have heard before, "opinions are like ***holes, everyone's got one!"

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
We're in big trouble. We went to the SB because we were the worst playoff team ever. I'll work ok a Ducjake jinx to offset these rankings tonight.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think all these rankings are too high, except may those that had us at 9 or so. I can't wrap my head around being able to beat NYG, Balt, ATL, Stealers, Bengals, SF, Texans, especially if they were road games. Bills game might be a lot tougher if it were on the road.

Maybe it's fact that I'm old enough to be one of the guys they are referring to when they talk about 'your father's Cardinals'.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Personally, I think all these rankings are too high, except may those that had us at 9 or so. I can't wrap my head around being able to beat NYG, Balt, ATL, Stealers, Bengals, SF, Texans, especially if they were road games. Bills game might be a lot tougher if it were on the road.

Maybe it's fact that I'm old enough to be one of the guys they are referring to when they talk about 'your father's Cardinals'.
as much as I'm with you in this state of disbelief, we beat NE on the road. A team that was ranked #1 overall when we went in there and beat em in their home opener, for the first time since moving to Gillette Stadium. That was as tough a road test as it gets

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
as much as I'm with you in this state of disbelief, we beat NE on the road. A team that was ranked #1 overall when we went in there and beat em in their home opener, for the first time since moving to Gillette Stadium. That was as tough a road test as it gets

I hear this too. I subscribe to the belief that 'any given Sunday' the Cards could rise from the depths of hell to beat a better team, but doing that on a consistent basis and doing it convincingly is hard to fathom. I probably have what some refer to as battered fan syndrome, conditioned from decades of seeing the team just be horrific.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I hear this too. I subscribe to the belief that 'any given Sunday' the Cards could rise from the depths of hell to beat a better team, but doing that on a consistent basis and doing it convincingly is hard to fathom. I probably have what some refer to as battered fan syndrome, conditioned from decades of seeing the team just be horrific.

This team has been headed this direction ever since getting UoP stadium. They have an Owner that wants to win in Michael B and ownership now has the revenue to pay to keep players. 2010 was a tough year because there was a lot of turnover on both sides of the ball with of course losing Warner being the biggest loss. Last year only started so bad because KK didn't get a whole lot of time to get used to this offense and the defense was learning a new system. Honestly I always thought it was just a matter of time until we would be good because there is a lot of talent on this team.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

lmao. Isn't this a battered-fan support group?

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team has been headed this direction ever since getting UoP stadium. They have an Owner that wants to win in Michael B and ownership now has the revenue to pay to keep players. 2010 was a tough year because there was a lot of turnover on both sides of the ball with of course losing Warner being the biggest loss. Last year only started so bad because KK didn't get a whole lot of time to get used to this offense and the defense was learning a new system. Honestly I always thought it was just a matter of time until we would be good because there is a lot of talent on this team.

A matter of time.... that's hysterical sonny, I've been waiting 40+ years

:)

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd say we are a top ten team and leave it at that, considering there's not much of a gap in that kind of talent level. I am happy as hell to type this too, didn't think it was gonna be this nice of a start.

Superfuzz

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, as much as I feel like the Packers got robbed of a win they did still get knocked around all day by the Seahawks (a team that we beat plain and simple in week 1). I get the feeling people are keeping the Packers so high simply because they feel sorry for them about the bad call.

I see where you're coming from, and that SEA Defense is GREAT, but the Packers scored more points than the other team, flat out, as far as I'm concerned.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score

10. Green Bay Packers (1-2)
Tomorrow, I'm going to walk up to M.D. Jennings' car, put my hand on the hood of it, and then see if I can get a court of law to rule that it's legally mine.

11. Seattle Seahawks (2-1)
If you're a Seahawks fan, you've probably noticed the team that's ranked directly ahead of your team here. It's not an accident. You know what happened. Don't argue. Just take your gift and be on your merry way.

:biglaugh:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Eh screw power rankings. I'd much rather see a grouping of teams into tiers.

Elite/SB contenders
Playoff caliber
Mediocre
Top pick Sweepstakes.

Or something like that. It's really splitting hairs to try and put AZ/Atl/Hou and a couple of these 2-1 teams ahead of and behind each other.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Every ranking should have the Cards, Texans, and Falcons in the first 3 spots. Aren't the rankings supposed to be based on what has been accomplished on the field instead of what some talking heads think should/should have/will happen?

I didn't look to see where NO is ranked,but they have to be #32. I'm sure they aren't though. They have lost 3 games to teams that haven't beaten anybody else and 2 of them were at home.