Post week 3 power rankings

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every ranking should have the Cards, Texans, and Falcons in the first 3 spots. Aren't the rankings supposed to be based on what has been accomplished on the field instead of what some talking heads think should/should have/will happen?

I didn't look to see where NO is ranked,but they have to be #32. I'm sure they aren't though. They have lost 3 games to teams that haven't beaten anybody else and 2 of them were at home.

I agree about New Orleans, they look awful. Blowing an 18 point lead at home to Kansas City? How does that even happen? It goes to show how important coaching really is. They cant run, they cant stop anyone on defense on the air or ground, their special teams are a mess, they keep turning the ball over and they cannot manage the clock. They're a mess and I dont think their bad start is a fluke. Green Bay is going to massacre them next week.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'd say we are a top ten team and leave it at that, considering there's not much of a gap in that kind of talent level. I am happy as hell to type this too, didn't think it was gonna be this nice of a start.

I agree with this. I think we have proven we are capable enough to travel to the east coast, against a quality opponent, and possibly win even if we aren't favored. I also think we have proven that we should be at least even money, if not favored, when we are at home vs. any team in the NFL.

Our QB situation is a constant worry over the other top teams, but if we can get performances like Kolb gave Sunday, I think we can play with anyone.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
The same guy that puts us #1 in his Power Poll also places us as a WC pick in the NFC.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...12-playoff-picture-week-3-050241375--nfl.html

• Last week, I gave a wild-card spot to the Eagles ahead of the Cardinals. I may have been a bit off there. My bad, everybody.

• As for this week, you might ask how I have the Cardinals first in the power rankings but clinging only to a wild-card spot here, and by way of explanation, I offer you Kevin Kolb. I'm not buying Kevin Kolb. If that means I'm disrespecting the Cardinals, then I guess I'm disrespecting the Cardinals. They've earned their 3-0 mark and they've got a collection of wins superior to that of anyone else. Does that mean I trust Kevin Kolb? Does that mean the wheels will not come off at some point over a 16-game season? No. No, it does not.

A fan who cares

Veteran
Reaction score
I think this may have been posted, but I want to give my 2 cents about it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ns-claim-no-1-spot?module=HP11_content_stream

It's a crime to have the Ravens, Giants and especially the Cards to be below a 1-2 team in the Packers. I know, they had their win stolen from them, but it's their fault they got AR sacked 8 times and put themselves in that position. Just because a team went 15-1 the season before shouldn't allow them to keep such a high ranking.

But then again, I'm just complaining about NFL powerrankings that don't matter squat.

Highest ranked 1-2 team @ #4 = GB
Lowest ranked 3-0 team @ #7 = AZ
???????