Pottsville Maroons...Here We Go

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Pottsville Maroons...Here We Go

Originally posted by jkf296
great two titles - and one of them they didn't even earn. (sigh)

And we lost to the "Pottville Maroons" - how humiliating!

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Pottsville Maroons...Here We Go

Originally posted by jw7
And we lost to the "Pottville Maroons" - how humiliating!

ROTFL :thumbup:

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Why not. All history needs to be re-written every 75-100 years to keep up with the political climate of current times. Anyone think if the Bears had won the championship the NFL would be telling Pottsville to kiss off?

sundevilfan99

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
BAH HA

Originally posted by Dback Jon
Is Gene Smith behind this?

Yup, and the anti-Cardinals people in Arizona, and the anti-Cardinals print and broadcast news, and the anti-Cardinals from St. Louis, and all those other jealous NFL teams...

NED

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: BAH HA

Originally posted by sundevilfan99
Yup, and the anti-Cardinals people in Arizona, and the anti-Cardinals print and broadcast news, and the anti-Cardinals from St. Louis, and all those other jealous NFL teams...

NED

Troll.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score

NED

I see your other argument got pummelled, now you're on the Maroon bandwagon....

Great job Sparky. We're all challenged and refreshed by your unique point of view.

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
Re: Re: Pottsville Maroons...Here We Go

Originally posted by Dback Jon
Is Gene Smith behind this?

What are ASU's colors? There you go. ;)

This story is absolutely hilarious, and classic Cardinals. Haven't we lost enough championships in recent years? Now we're trying to lose one from 78 years ago??

Screw the Maroons! The '25 Cardinals rule! :thumbup:

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
attachment.php

...when interviewed about this development, Pottsville Mayor, Tom E. Chong said "This is great news for all Pottsville citizens. We are finally going to get ourselves on the map! Whoa, dude, you going to finish that sandwich?"

sundevilfan99

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: Re: BAH HA

Originally posted by SECTION 11
I see your other argument got pummelled, now you're on the Maroon bandwagon....

Hardly - As I recall, I linked some info and connected the dots, and you guys said, "No, you're wrong." And that's about all you brought to the table.

Great job Sparky. We're all challenged and refreshed by your unique point of view.

Of this I have no doubt.

And my response was in jest - that was simply a summary of posts I've seen on this board re: who is 'out-to-get' the Cardinals.

Good day gents...

Rice was wrong about Tillman, but he was right about the Cards. How else could a team lose a championship 78 years after the fact?

NED

so far away

Overpaid Rookie
Reaction score

NED

Do I sense bitterness in your voice? Hey you can't win every arguement (or in your case ANY arguement) but don't let that shut you up. JUST KEEP ON DIGGIN!:trout:

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
Originally posted by CardLogic
More about the History of the Pottsville Maroons; and by default the Chicago Cardinals and early years of the NFL. Includes extensive fair-handed reports of both sides of the story of the 1925 "Championship Game".

http://popalis.tripod.com/PottMaroons.htm

GREAT READING!!! Enjoy!:thumbup:

Great information. Funny thing is about the only leg Pottsville has to stand on is tryng to get the Cards game VS milwakuee thrown out, and sad fact is even if you throw out that game means Cards record is 10-2-1, Pottville is 10-2 which means by virtue of the tie the Cards still own the championship title, so seems like this should be a moot point.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by JasonKGME
Great information. Funny thing is about the only leg Pottsville has to stand on is tryng to get the Cards game VS milwakuee thrown out, and sad fact is even if you throw out that game means Cards record is 10-2-1, Pottville is 10-2 which means by virtue of the tie the Cards still own the championship title, so seems like this should be a moot point.

holy crap - we are now debating about something that happened over 75 years ago - were any of us even born yet - is there really nothing else to talk about - ugh.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: BAH HA

Rice was wrong about Tillman, but he was right about the Cards. How else could a team lose a championship 78 years after the fact?

Hey you may not like him or agree with him, but that last bit is pretty damn funny.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
I thought Cheesebeef and his brother PHX, lived in Potville?

okay - that was pretty funny too.