Pre-draft Schedule Projections

iRobot

Veteran
Reaction score
Week 1: New Orleans Saints at Arizona - W
The Saints coming marching in to University of Phoenix stadium and go pouting home with a loss.
The Saints roster has had quite the shake up with arguably the biggest offensive weapon being shipped out to Seattle in Jimmy Graham and a nice complimentary piece in the passing game in Kenny Stills packaged up and out to Miami. They did add CJ Spiller at running back and Brandon Browner to help Keenan Lewis on the outside covering up opposing receivers at cornerback.

The real burning question here is how cohesive of a unit the Saints still have after such an unsettling offseason in which tons of salary cap had to be shed and seemingly anyone on the roster available to be moved or cut. I think the Saints will put up a heck of a fight but the Cardinals will have a good home stand in the season opener.

(Record: 1-0)

Week 2: Arizona at Chicago Bears - W
Thank God we're not at Solider Field in the cold. This Bears team is not going to be any good this year.. they just have too many holes and too many question marks at various positions. Cutler has proven he seems to be on the down spiral of his career and I just don't think they can handle a team that will come in with good offense and a strong defense.

(Record: 2-0)

Week 3: San Francisco 49ers at Arizona - W
What can we say about the division rival? They lost so much on defense, I think they're going to have to realize the season is going to be a step back. Gone is Patrick Willis, the heart of their defensive front seven.. Frank Gore and their most heralded road grader in Mike Iupati. They did make a nice acquisition in Torrey Smith who replaces Michael Crabtree but I think their holes are too large to overcome this season. Carlos Hyde may very well be a great back to replace Gore but losing Iupati to open up lanes for Hyde is going to be damaging to the young back's productivity.

(Record: 3-0)

Week 4: St. Louis Rams at Arizona - W
What a flurry of moves the Rams have made this offseason. Jake Long is no longer protecting the hollow knees of Sam Bradford. Jake is no longer protecting anyone anymore... he's gone, as is Sam Bradford. Scott Wells at center is no longer there. They acquired Nick Foles via Philadelphia but Foles is now dealing with an offensive line that has never been very good.

The solid part of St. Louis, that is still there and even arguably better, is the defense. Nick Fairley to that defensive front is going to give opposing offensive lines fits. That Rams defense is going to keep this game close as it does most years, but at home, we're going to squeak out the win and hopefully keep Palmer healthy.

(Record: 4-0)

Week 5: Arizona at Detroit Lions - W
I think this game could go either way, however, Arizona has been successful at giving Stafford problems and taking the 'W' from the Lions. That being said, their defensive front is crying like Ndamukong Suh at a presser podium... wait...

Gone is Suh, gone is Fairley... replaced by an aging but still productive Haloti Ngata. Reggie Bush was released which paves the way for youth at tailback but make no mistake... this defense is going to have some exploitable weaknesses.

(Record: 5-0)

Week 6: Arizona at Pittsburgh Steelers - L
Which leads us to our first loss...

This is going to be a battle of Titans. This is going to be a hard fought, physical game... but I think we lose this one by a small margin. I hope I'm wrong but this is a tough place to march into and steal a 'W'. The Steelers have lost relatively nothing this offseason and will gain some great additions through the draft. They finished the year strong and I think they'll continue to that grind into this season.

This feels like one of those games where Bruce Arians will pull out all the stops to get the win and will just fall short by making one too many gambles.

(Record: 5-1)

Week 7: Baltimore Ravens at Arizona - W
A strong Baltimore Ravens team will visit Arizona in Week 7 and they come in with some great additions on defense and a loss on offense. Torrey Smith went and signed a new deal with the 49ers and an arguably upgrade at safety was made in Kendrick Lewis. This will be a game very similar to their AFC North brethren in which it will be a tough, physical battle and could be a close 2-6 points margin that separates the two by the end.

(Record: 6-1)

Week 8: Arizona at Cleveland Browns - W
Oh, Cleveland...

The Browns are still struggling to climb out of the basement. At one point last season, one could think they finally found a spark to stick with but gone is Brian Hoyer and out of rehab is Johnny Manziel. They made some offseason moves to try and improve things such as bringing in Rob Housler (who doesnt improve on losing Jordan Cameron), Tramon Williams (who doesn't improve on losing Buster Skrine), Dwayne Bowe (who arguably doesnt improve on losing Miles Austin). The Browns are a mess.

I think this is one of those confidence builders that if played correctly, Arizona could find a large lead and show this team firing on all cylinders.

(Record: 7-1)

Week 9 -- BYE

Week 10: Arizona at Seattle Seahawks - L
The NFC West Juggernauts meet. Arizona has marched into the Clink before and escaped with a tough, gritty 'W' but I just don't see it this year.

(Record: 7-2)

Week 11: Cincinnati Bengals at Arizona - W
The Bengals are a playoff team that is destined to be one and done. The Red Rifle (Dalton) is good enough to lead them to a post season birth but I don't think he's good enough to make it over the hump. I really see Dalton as a Tony Romo type that will take his entire career to finally get deeper into the post season.

That being said, this is going to be a good game and a potential candidate to flex into prime time. I expect the Bengals to be a playoff team again this year and I believe this is going to be a great game to watch but utlimate I expect the Bengals to fall to the Cardinals at home.

(Record: 8-2)

Week 12: Arizona at San Francisco 49ers - W
Even a 49ers team at home isn't good enough to beat Arizona.

(Record: 9-2)

Week 13: Arizona at St. Louis Rams - W
This one, late in the season, in St. Louis... with that defense.... it could go either way. I'm going to believe that Palmer is still healthy, there are few injuries if any, and this team is eyeing the post season/firing on all cylinders.

Birds peck out the Rams eyes.

(Record: 10-2)

Week 14: Minnesota Vikings at Arizona - W
Could this be Adrian Peterson's revenge game against Minnesota?

The Vikings have a good young core of players on defense and are finding an identity behind Teddy Bridgewater on offense. Arizona just plays so well at home that I'm not sure this young Vikings team can come in and take the 'W' on a Thursday Night primetime football game.

(Record: 11-2)

Week 15: Arizona at Philadelphia Eagles - W
This game begs the question... who will be the quarterback at this time of year (December) for the Philadelphia Eagles. Bradford? Sanchez? ........ TEBOW?

Bradford has shown one consistency over the years... he doesn't play a full season. By this time in the year, they will have faced some very pressure/sack heavy defenses.

It's going to be a bitter cold game in late December but I believe Arizona can win this one.

(Record: 12-2)

Week 16: Green Bay Packers at Arizona - L
The Pack offensive attack is a hard one to deal with. They score points in bunches....

Can we keep pace? I'm not so sure..

(Record: 12-3)

Week 17: Seattle Seahawks at Arizona - W
Divisional battle, in Arizona... I'm gonna predict Arizona trades off 1-1 with Seattle and we get the 'W'.

(Record: 13-3)

I'm VERY aware that my projection could be EASILY construed as very optimistic. That being said, I could see the season fall the wayside of 7-9 as a few of these games could be very close and/or injuries could derail things again very easily.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
The Cardinals have to come out firing on ALL cylinders again. The 2nd half schedule is brutal.

AND finally, a good bye week! :stick:

OP
OP
I

iRobot

Veteran
Reaction score
Considering the second half of the season is usually when you want to be at the top of your game and forged in fire ... I like the second half of the season

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
i got the Cards at 16-0

15-1 worst case, and thats if Arians forfeits the last game of the season just to give the guys an extra day off

and of course, my predictions always come with a money back guarantee

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Depending on how good Philly turns out to be, I won't be feeling great if we are any worse than 10-3 heading into the last 3 games (9-4 if Philly's season goes bottom up). And, that's a lot to ask for!