Way too Early 2024 Cardinals Record Prediction post schedule release

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Pats had Tom Brady playing on a below-market contract for 19 years. Since he left they are 29-38, haven't won a playoff game in five years, and just fired their head coach. So how exportable is that process really?

Anyone you'd point to beyond the Pats?
I’m sure they’re not running the same process today than they did when Brady was there. I’m about to go back for a colonoscopy, so I’m sure you can go through the standings over the last 5-10 years & pick out those teams that have consistently had sustainable success. I’m sure you can handle that.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Pats had Tom Brady playing on a below-market contract for 19 years. Since he left they are 29-38, haven't won a playoff game in five years, and just fired their head coach. So how exportable is that process really?

Anyone you'd point to beyond the Pats?
I’ll make it easy for him & say a team I know you’ve seen 100 times already.

The Detroit Lions the past 3 seasons.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I’m sure they’re not running the same process today than they did when Brady was there. I’m about to go back for a colonoscopy, so I’m sure you can go through the standings over the last 5-10 years & pick out those teams that have consistently had sustainable success. I’m sure you can handle that.

Yeah but you think the Ravens and Steelers suck.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hate being this guy but DraftKings has under 4.5 wins at +360 and under 6.5 at +125. Are there really more then 6 wins on this schedule?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We have proven we don't go in for solid FA classes.
I disagree. Last year's FA class was "solid" but not spectacular.
We need superstars, and the options for them on our roster are few and far between.
Agreed. The hope is that with $83.5 million on cap space with few internal free agents to sign, that the Cardinals will sign a star or two.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I hate being this guy but DraftKings has under 4.5 wins at +360 and under 6.5 at +125. Are there really more then 6 wins on this schedule?
I would shop around but under 6.5 at +odds is probably good based upon the thinness of the Cardinals roster. I bet it at u7.5 but am not going to put more money on my own personal frustration.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would shop around but under 6.5 at +odds is probably good based upon the thinness of the Cardinals roster. I bet it at u7.5 but am not going to put more money on my own personal frustration.
That is was my thinking too, + money at 6.5 is really good.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He did spend a lot of time with the Patriots. And they did ok lol. There seems to be a handful of teams that have had a level of sustained success. That needs to be the goal. Not necessarily that we need to win 7 or 8 SB’s, but that we consistently make the playoffs & are at times a threat to go deep into them.
So, we draft the next Tom Brady in the 6th round, and championship. M'kay.

Stout

Reaction score

Agreed. The hope is that with $83.5 million on cap space with few internal free agents to sign, that the Cardinals will sign a star or two.
And when they don't for the third year running, the excuses will flow. Why would anyone at this point think we will ever do this in FA?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Are we going to start this dance again? Before the season even starts? The Ossenfort two-step:

1) Imagine the premire free agents the Cards will be able to sign in the upcoming offseason
2) Complain that there were no good free agents available for value once free agency starts

What star free agents do you expect to be available for the Cards next year?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah but you think the Ravens and Steelers suck.
I’m not certain I’ve ever said the Ravens suck?? Harbaugh is a top 5 HC in the NFL. I would love for the Cardinals to mimic their success. I can’t be fair with the Steelers because I’ve despised them going all the way back to their glory days in the 70’s. I think Tomlin is a vastly overrated HC, but that’s another argument for another time.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Are we going to start this dance again? Before the season even starts?
So they just won't spend that money even though they will face sanctions from the NFL for not spending it? Eh no.
The Ossenfort two-step:

1) Imagine the premire free agents the Cards will be able to sign in the upcoming offseason
2) Complain that there were no good free agents available for value once free agency starts
Cool story.
I don't know. Maybe I need to explain this to you since it doesn't work like Madden.

The available FAs changes. Pretty crazy, amirite?

Stout

Reaction score
Are we going to start this dance again? Before the season even starts? The Ossenfort two-step:

What star free agents do you expect to be available for the Cards next year?
This. 1,000 times this.

Stout

Reaction score
LOL they won't have any.

You won't hear them from me. I wanted a front seven stud this year and we didn't get one.
Meh. I and others questioned the strategy two offseasons ago and were scoffed at, told that NEXT year (this past offseason) we'd be going after top FAs and would spend all the cap money we kept our powder dry to save. Strangely enough, when that didn't happen, a lot of those same voices pulled an ostrich job on what they'd said the year before and claimed, no no, it was actually supposed to be the NEXT next year!

I'll take you at your word that yours wasn't one of those voices, but the hypocrisy was--and is--rife on this board.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Meh. I and others questioned the strategy two offseasons ago and were scoffed at, told that NEXT year (this past offseason) we'd be going after top FAs and would spend all the cap money we kept our powder dry to save. Strangely enough, when that didn't happen, a lot of those same voices pulled an ostrich job on what they'd said the year before and claimed, no no, it was actually supposed to be the NEXT next year!

I'll take you at your word that yours wasn't one of those voices, but the hypocrisy was--and is--rife on this board.
We had to carry Humphries massive cap hold until June, which was one problem. Almost $14 million. That probably wasn't in the three-year plan.

The pending free agents of note for the Cards are Will Hernandez (Age 30, $4.5MM APY), Evan Brown (29, $2.35MM), Budda Baker (29, $14.1MM), James Conner (30, $7MM), and Gardeck (31, $3.33). Re-sign three or more of those players and you're moving more chips into the table, because you're buying the downside of their careers.

SIDE NOTE: Dortch STILL won't be a UDFA next year. LOLOLOLOLOL. We won't enter unrestricted free agency until he's age 28.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I miss the days of complaining about the o-line. That was more fun.
Oh we will be back there in a few weeks. We've been gushing about the OL because of the holes they opened in the run game, but their pass protection is projected to be well below average.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Oh we will be back there in a few weeks. We've been gushing about the OL because of the holes they opened in the run game, but their pass protection is projected to be well below average.
Also 3/5 of the line has changed.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Your long way is just 1 season away for me.
Yeah it’s 8 wins this year with momentum going into the offseason …get a stud guard in free agency and get nic strouton ..or deone walker..or a corner like notre dames stud (can’t remember his name)

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score

Could be. Some teams on our schedule are going to be better or worse than expected.

Cardinals offense has the potential to actually be really good. If the defense can merely be below average instead of dumpster fire, the odds of 7-9 wins is completely plausible.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Cards win total will be in the 7-9 range with more than 9 wins being a surprise and less than 7 wins being a disappointment. I'll go with 8-9 for a specific record for the season.:)

I like the chances of the offense being top 10 and the run defense may be ok/decent, but the pass defense is gonna be very bad with the lack of pressure and the young, inexperienced corner group.