Predict who the Cardinals starting QB will be in 2014

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game 1 Palmer or Stanton. By game 8 it'll be David Fales.

If for no other reason because never in history has there been a QB better named to play for the Cards.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Game 1 Palmer or Stanton. By game 8 it'll be David Fales.

If for no other reason because never in history has there been a QB better named to play for the Cards.

Jags take Teddy.

Mariota will be a Buc. They will go get Greg Roman as coach

The Vikings take Hundley

Johnny Football drops to the second round and will be a Texan or Cowboy

These are my BOLD predictions

The Jags should take Clowney then go for the Florida State kid next year

pacman

Veteran
Reaction score
Cardinals trade up in the draft and get Brett Hundley:D

pacman

Veteran
Reaction score
Kiper has a third or fourth round grade on him. Another Russell Wilson?
Wow that really isn't accurate. I don't know how recent that grade is that Kiper made but he definitely won't slip into the third. Right now he is on the borderline of being a first rounder. I wouldn't say he compares much to Russell Wilson besides his small height.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno, but for the love of god don't blow our first round pick on Teddy Bridgewater.

Thought I was the only one with that thought.

Mettenberger fits Arians mold, but I don't see him starting game one. So it is Palmer with Zach in the wings. I like his size, his arm and the fact that he is studying under Cam Cameron in a pro set. I suspect the read option QB will be a short term fad in the NFL. Too many injuries and the fact that defenders get to load up on these "runners" posing as QBs. Pocket passers rule.

pacman

Veteran
Reaction score
Thought I was the only one with that thought.

Mettenberger fits Arians mold, but I don't see him starting game one. So it is Palmer with Zach in the wings. I like his size, his arm and the fact that he is studying under Cam Cameron in a pro set. I suspect the read option QB will be a short term fad in the NFL. Too many injuries and the fact that defenders get to load up on these "runners" posing as QBs. Pocket passers rule.
It's foolish to think Bridgewater would be a bad pick. He's regarded as the best QB in the draft for a reason.

And also it baffles me how Cards fans like Mettenberger. This dude is Carson Palmer 2.0. He is as immobile as Carson in the pocket. He also has poor footwork and a strange release. And he makes more bad reads than he should. How is he supposed to succeed on the Cardinals with a crappy O-line? We seriously wouldn't gain any mobility from him over Carson and that is certainly saying something. Hundley, Boyd or Mariota put the Cardinals in the best opportunity to succeed because they actually have great pocket presence, can evade the rush and make a crappy o-line look decent.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
. Hundley, Boyd or Mariota put the Cardinals in the best opportunity to succeed because they actually have great pocket presence, can evade the rush and make a crappy o-line look decent.

I agree about the LSU kid.

Meziel, has the same skillset as those 3 guys & IMO is the better pure passer. I would be happy with any of the 3, but I prefer JM & salivate what he could do for this team.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Carson Palmer

Who else is it going to be? No rookie QB is going to look good behind our line. So I doubt anyone from the draft would beat out Carson Palmer.

I don't see anyone on the market that is better than Palmer.

If Eli hit the market, that would be it. But he's worse than Palmer right now. But I also think it is telling. Did Eli suddenly become crappy? No. His team did, especially his line. Also not all QB's have the same drop off when the line goes bad. Gunslingers like Eli and Carson, well...they do. Suddenly all those great downfield throws become suspect, because everything becomes forced.

We can upgrade every possible QB with a better line. Because our line is so poor, the increase could be enormous.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Carson Palmer, with Derek Carr being groomed for about a week 8 takeover.

I'm not on board with Manziel at all.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carson Palmer

Who else is it going to be? No rookie QB is going to look good behind our line. So I doubt anyone from the draft would beat out Carson Palmer.

I don't see anyone on the market that is better than Palmer.
That's about it there. Looks like we have CP for another year no matter what. Ugh

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score
Johny Football in 2nd round (?) or trade up for Hundley. The more I watch Johnny football, the more I like. Playmaker with better arm strength than anticipated.

Serious questions: How much larger is the actual NFL ball "The Duke" than the current college ball? Does Johnny Football have "small" hands? That is the only reason I would see him not succeeding in today's NFL.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I don't want anything to do with Manziel or Boyd. Neither is a long term answer at QB, Boyd because of his height and athletic limitations, Manziel because of his height and wreckless style of play.