Predict who the Cardinals starting QB will be in 2014

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't want anything to do with Manziel or Boyd. Neither is a long term answer at QB, Boyd because of his height and athletic limitations, Manziel because of his height and wreckless style of play.
Same concerns put Drew Brees in the second round and New Orleans.

:)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same concerns put Drew Brees in the second round and New Orleans.

:)

Brees didn't run like Manziel does that's the question on him.

He's a very intriguing kid he gets away with lots in college he probably wouldn't get away with in the NFL. Dangerous throws, running that much etc.

But he obviously has a knack for the game that so far transcends his physical size and talent, he's a better player than he should be, and sometimes that is all that matters.

I wouldn't take him top 10 but i'll be interesting to see where he goes, how high.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Brees didn't run like Manziel does that's the question on him.

He's a very intriguing kid he gets away with lots in college he probably wouldn't get away with in the NFL. Dangerous throws, running that much etc.

But he obviously has a knack for the game that so far transcends his physical size and talent, he's a better player than he should be, and sometimes that is all that matters.

I wouldn't take him top 10 but i'll be interesting to see where he goes, how high.

Manziel reminds me of Max Hall.

Nuff said.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Carson Palmer, but the QBOTF will be drafted next year IMO. That's been the plan all along and why CP is on a two year deal.

Only possible free agent I see changing the above scenario is Jay Cutler. But I think he'll be too expensive and the Cardinals probably draft a QB in round one or two.

Of course if Palmer catches fire and leads the team to wins in 7 or 8 of the last 9 games, the plan might change.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carson Palmer, but the QBOTF will be drafted next year IMO. That's been the plan all along and why CP is on a two year deal.

Only possible free agent I see changing the above scenario is Jay Cutler. But I think he'll be too expensive and the Cardinals probably draft a QB in round one or two.

Of course if Palmer catches fire and leads the team to wins in 7 or 8 of the last 9 games, the plan might change.
OMG, Cutler is the prototypical Cardinal mistake-prone free agent signing.

safe.gif
heu.gif