Prediction Time: Cardinals vs. 49ers

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
don't we have something like 10 new starters on offense and defense? Shouldn't that apply to us as well?

We have 9 guys starting on defense that were with the team last season. That's why I'm worried.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
azcb34

Really? I think its been proven time and again MNF is not just a game! Guys have huge nights and step up or do the opposite its usually VERY different than a regular game. And yes Leinart should have an advantage as he is much more seasoned in big game scenarios. A. Smith was a system QB in freaking utah, sorry that does not compare to Leinart I don't care what # you were taken overall!!!!!!

Sorry but I believe you are wrong. Players APPEAR to have huge nights and step up because the game does not compete with any other games for attention thus everyone is watching but those players don't have huge nights because it is MNF. It, IMO, is mere coincidence...or put different, they just happen to have their big night.

Now, to me your theory holds more water in the playoffs where it is one and done. In that circumstance I think the experience Leinart has gotten over the years would give him a slight edge. But a MNF game in early September...sorry Leinart has no edge based on your theory.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can agree to disagree, MNF is not just like a regular game, every player has said time and again its a different kind of game. So I think Leinart has a slight edge, not to mention I think Leinart is 10 times the QB A. Smith is! He played a gimmick offense in college and not sure yet that he is even gonna be a good NFL QB.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I believe you are wrong. Players APPEAR to have huge nights and step up because the game does not compete with any other games for attention thus everyone is watching but those players don't have huge nights because it is MNF. It, IMO, is mere coincidence...or put different, they just happen to have their big night.

Now, to me your theory holds more water in the playoffs where it is one and done. In that circumstance I think the experience Leinart has gotten over the years would give him a slight edge. But a MNF game in early September...sorry Leinart has no edge based on your theory.

Big time disagree. Certain players get "up" for certain types of games. MNF is a game that a lot of players get hyped for...prime time, big game time. Performance peaks for certain guys.

There are such beasts as Monday Night Monsters...and just the fact that playing at night versus the afternoon also helps some players more than others. Everyone has a certain time of day they are at their mental peak.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big time disagree. Certain players get "up" for certain types of games. MNF is a game that a lot of players get hyped for...prime time, big game time. Performance peaks for certain guys.

There are such beasts as Monday Night Monsters...and just the fact that playing at night versus the afternoon also helps some players more than others. Everyone has a certain time of day they are at their mental peak.

I heard the Cards D played well last year on Monday night, not sure when it was though. Did the Cards play on Monday last year?

Goober Man

Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo
Reaction score
I heard the Cards D played well last year on Monday night, not sure when it was though. Did the Cards play on Monday last year?
The Cards picked off Grossman 4 times I think..stupid nightmare Player :bang:

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You really don't think that Matt has had a great game yet?

Are you sure you didn't mean season, Skorp?

Nope. A great game is one where he carries us to a win against a very good team we are not expected to beat.

The Chicago game almost qualified but we lost. And winning is all that matters.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Nope. A great game is one where he carries us to a win against a very good team we are not expected to beat.

The Chicago game almost qualified but we lost. And winning is all that matters.

No, no, and NO. MATT carried us to a win...his coach and his kicker took it away and made it a loss. Don't blame Matt, who helped give us a giant lead, or Matt, when he drove us back to field goal range even after his coach had squandered the lead. He did his job, he gave us the lead, and he even brought us back after having nothing to do with surrendering the lead. It isn't his fault he was let down, and there wasn't a damn thing he could have done about it.

Sorry, but you just don't like the kid. That's the only explanation I have. He hasn't played a great game...cha, right.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
37-27 with SF getting a td late to make the game look closer than it was :)