Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Sunday, September 5, 2004

CARDS MAKE MOVES TO GET TO 53-MAN ROSTER LIMIT

Tempe, AZ - The Cardinals today announced that the team has released the following 13 players: running back Damien Anderson, running back Aveion Cason, center Steve Grace, wide receiver Lawrence Hamilton, defensive tackle Cedric Hilliard, defensive end Dennis Johnson, wide receiver Kevin Kasper, safety Adrian Mayes, cornerback Coby Rhinehart, fullback Joshua Rue, defensive end Antonio Smith, defensive lineman Shaun Smith, and guard Tony Wragge.

The team also placed safety Dexter Jackson (back) and defensive tackle Kenny King (wrist) on the Injured Reserve list.

With these moves, the Cardinals have reduced their roster to 53 players. All NFL teams must be at the 53-man limit by 1:00 PM (MST) today.

- azcardinals.com -

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Sunday, September 5, 2004

CARDS MAKE MOVES TO GET TO 53-MAN ROSTER LIMIT

Tempe, AZ - The Cardinals today announced that the team has released the following 13 players: running back Damien Anderson, running back Aveion Cason, center Steve Grace, wide receiver Lawrence Hamilton, defensive tackle Cedric Hilliard, defensive end Dennis Johnson, wide receiver Kevin Kasper, safety Adrian Mayes, cornerback Coby Rhinehart, fullback Joshua Rue, defensive end Antonio Smith, defensive lineman Shaun Smith, and guard Tony Wragge.

The team also placed safety Dexter Jackson (back) and defensive tackle Kenny King (wrist) on the Injured Reserve list.

With these moves, the Cardinals have reduced their roster to 53 players. All NFL teams must be at the 53-man limit by 1:00 PM (MST) today.

- azcardinals.com -

Skorp...who did you expect the "surprise cut" to be?

Second Deck

Registered
Reaction score
I was Newhouse was kept over Kasper. I hope Kasper can hook on someplace all he did for us was make plays.

pinnacle

Reaction score
just for clarification..does anyone know if Cantu is on the PSquad or 53 man roster? Just checking...I assume he is on the Psquad and was not mentioned because he does not have to be cut to be on the PS (unlike the other players)....but it was not specifically mentioned...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pinnacle said:
just for clarification..does anyone know if Cantu is on the PSquad or 53 man roster? Just checking...I assume he is on the Psquad and was not mentioned because he does not have to be cut to be on the PS (unlike the other players)....but it was not specifically mentioned...

I'm 95% sure that Cantu means 9 guys on the practice squad instead of 8.

OP
OP
Skkorpion

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SeattleCardsFan said:
Skorp - who was the surprise cut?

hehe. Guess I was wrong. That happens about, oh, every day.

I am surprised that both Darling and Fisher made the team. One was at risk, IMO. It makes you wonder if they are worried about Ray Thompson's knee.

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
The cards updated their roster rather quickly. Cantu is shown on the list but if I counted correctly there are 54 Active players. Is Cantu an automatic PS who doesnt have to clear waivers?

Cards Roster

lrk27

Veteran
Reaction score
Red Dawn said:
The cards updated their roster rather quickly. Cantu is shown on the list but if I counted correctly there are 54 Active players. Is Cantu an automatic PS who doesnt have to clear waivers?

Cards Roster

Cantu is automatically on the practice squad. I'm pretty sure that he neither be claimed by any other team, nor upgraded to the active roster. Every team in the NFC West has one of them from another country. But he is not on the 53 man roster.

1st Cards Fan

Reaction score
SeattleCardsFan said:
Skorp - who was the surprise cut?

Look's like its Dexter Jackson. It sounds like from this quote he is not only gone for this year, but every other year as well.

"Dexter's back just has not cleared up sufficient for him to play football, and that's what we're in, is the football business," coach Dennis Green said. "So hopefully the rehabilitation process will take place. If he is able to get his back healthy enough to play, then he could wind up playing for someone else later on."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05