Protect steve nash!!!!

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
I am scared for Nash's well being.. I really actually am scared. To me, its no coincidence that Nash gets an ass kicking come post season time.. A couple of accidents yes but there have definitely been some intentional harm towards him.. I hope he wears some kind of face mask or something because I have a feeling he will take a cheap shot causing further injury.

Steve Nash is our Wayne Gretzky and we need a Dave Semenko to protect him!

First his eye, now his nose.. Whats next? Teeth knocked out?

Durrutix

Reaction score
I am scared for Nash's well being.. I really actually am scared. To me, its no coincidence that Nash gets an ass kicking come post season time.. A couple of accidents yes but there have definitely been some intentional harm towards him.. I hope he wears some kind of face mask or something because I have a feeling he will take a cheap shot causing further injury.

Couldn't agree more. At the very least Suns need to deliver some HARD fouls against Pau/Odom instead of letting them prance to the basket. Hit 'em hard and watch 'em wilt. Lopez had the right idea in game 3. Lou needs to follow his example. Protect Nash and protect the basket while you're at it. Go Suns!

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. At the very least Suns need to deliver some HARD fouls against Pau/Odom instead of letting them prance to the basket. Hit 'em hard and watch 'em wilt. Lopez had the right idea in game 3. Lou needs to follow his example. Protect Nash and protect the basket while you're at it. Go Suns!

When we drafted RoLo I never thought he would be my favorite player on the team. Well over the second half of the season and game 3 of this series he has become just that.

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
Hard foul Odom or Pau as a retaliation? No, you hard foul Kobe for retaliation. Ace for Ace. You don't hit their 2nd or 3rd best player for retaliation for hurting your star.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does anyone have a video clip of Nash's nose getting hit? Or of Lopez elbowing Fisher?

I am not sure these were intentional acts at this point. I know the one where Duncan gave Nash a black eye certainly wasn't.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad the Suns don't have a young Karl Malone type to enforce the middle with his elbows

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Hard foul Odom or Pau as a retaliation? No, you hard foul Kobe for retaliation. Ace for Ace. You don't hit their 2nd or 3rd best player for retaliation for hurting your star.

Too bad the Suns don't have a young Karl Malone type to enforce the middle with his elbows

Im not the type of guy that advocates injuring someone else, let a lone a star player, but the way I see it, the refs to a certain degree protect the Lakers more than they should. So my opinion is that they are going to call fouls. With that said, make them earn it. The one that bothers me is when Gasol cuts in for an easy lay up and brushes up against another player and gets a "and one" He feels no pain. At least bump him and make sure he feels it and let him think twice before entering the lane.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a video clip of Nash's nose getting hit? Or of Lopez elbowing Fisher?

I am not sure these were intentional acts at this point. I know the one where Duncan gave Nash a black eye certainly wasn't.

You know, it's funny you should say that second thing. I don't believe Duncan's elbow was all that clean. I don't think he intended that level of damage but I think he spread his elbows and ran for a reason. I guess we'll never know for sure but SA has done us dirty one time too many for me to ever give them the benefit of the doubt on a hit. Nash can't accuse them but they don't know where I live so to heck with them.

However, this last hit on Nash was definitely unintentional. I kept watching it convinced that Fisher did what he always does but it just doesn't look that way. OTOH, The Lopez elbow was pretty clearly intentional. It didn't do much more than graze his head but again, nobody runs 20 feet with their arms spread above their head either.

Steve

jibikao

Reaction score

Well, the refs could have set a tone early on if they are too physical with Nash. But we all know NBA wants Lakers and Celtics to be in the Finals. The schedules have already passed out! lol

PS: I don't know that headbutt was intentional but the game only had like 19s left and he was being too aggressive for nothing. Fisher ran in to foul. He didn't have to be that aggressive because it's not like Nash was going anywhere.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
However, this last hit on Nash was definitely unintentional. I kept watching it convinced that Fisher did what he always does but it just doesn't look that way. OTOH, The Lopez elbow was pretty clearly intentional. It didn't do much more than graze his head but again, nobody runs 20 feet with their arms spread above their head either.

Steve

lopez also changed his trajectory towards fisher. what no one is talking about is the bump that fisher gave lopez prior to that. it's like it didn't happen.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lopez also changed his trajectory towards fisher. what no one is talking about is the bump that fisher gave lopez prior to that. it's like it didn't happen.

Yeah, I really don't know who Robin thought he was fooling with that move but you have to give him credit for at least trying to find a way to safely retaliate. I was surprised at how strongly Fish reacted considering all the cheap shots he delivers. You'd think he'd be used to a return shot every now and then.

Steve

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
I saw the Lopez-Fisher fracas like this:

They were mixing it up in the Lakers' paint. After the basket, Fisher moves to bump into Lopez, probably to draw a foul. Lopez trots up court with his arms up (which I've seen him do many times in the past) toward Fisher. Fisher sees Lopez coming but appears to intentionally stay where he is, even moving toward Lopez to draw contact again. Lopez keeps trotting forward, keeping his arms up. Robin's left elbow grazes Fisher's head as Lopez goes by. Fisher takes a swing at Lopez.

Fisher was baiting Lopez. It didn't work. Lopez didn't move his elbow to hit Fisher. Lopez absolutely had a part in the ordeal, but he did it the right way. Fisher is further exposed as a punk.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw the Lopez-Fisher fracas like this:

They were mixing it up in the Lakers' paint. After the basket, Fisher moves to bump into Lopez, probably to draw a foul. Lopez trots up court with his arms up (which I've seen him do many times in the past) toward Fisher. Fisher sees Lopez coming but appears to intentionally stay where he is, even moving toward Lopez to draw contact again. Lopez keeps trotting forward, keeping his arms up. Robin's left elbow grazes Fisher's head as Lopez goes by. Fisher takes a swing at Lopez.

I'd buy that scenario if Robin was drunk, otherwise it's hard to explain the small but noticeable course correction he makes in Fisher's direction.

Steve

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
I'd buy that scenario if Robin was drunk, otherwise it's hard to explain the small but noticeable swerve he makes in Fisher's direction.

Steve

Watch it again. Fisher moves toward Lopez more than Lopez moves toward Fisher.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I'd buy that scenario if Robin was drunk, otherwise it's hard to explain the small but noticeable course correction he makes in Fisher's direction.

Steve

The fact that he did it on purpose makes it better.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watch it again. Fisher moves toward Lopez more than Lopez moves toward Fisher.

I took your advice and went out to YouTube and re-watched it (4 times). After the initial collision which was caused entirely by Fisher, Robin then runs at an angle in order to connect with Fisher's head. At the most, Derek might lean in a little but the change of direction is almost entirely Robin's doing. Like Ouchie said though, everyone is ignoring the initial bump by Fisher which clearly initiated this mess.

Steve

SunsFanVegas

Registered
Reaction score
My only problem with this is that Lopez didn't knock Fish on his ass when he bumped him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact that he did it on purpose makes it better.

Robin has a nasty streak. I like it but I'm a little concerned because he also has an anger management issue. I worry that he might cross an uncrossable line at some time. I hope he keeps the nasty streak but gets a little help with his emotional control.

Steve

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
I took your advice and went out to YouTube and re-watched it (4 times). After the initial collision which was caused entirely by Fisher, Robin then runs at an angle in order to connect with Fisher's head. At the most, Derek might lean in a little but the change of direction is almost entirely Robin's doing. Like Ouchie said though, everyone is ignoring the initial bump by Fisher which clearly initiated this mess.

Steve

Lopez absolutely runs at Fisher with his arms up, I agree. But Fisher sees him coming the whole way and doesn't move out of the way. It's not like Lopez moved his arm to hit Fisher, or changed direction at the last second to hit Fisher. Once he's going up court toward Fisher, he doesn't really deviate. It's up to Fisher to move his head, and he does...right toward Lopez. It was masterful, really, on Robin's part. That whole event is very unlike a 2nd year guy. Very savvy.

Durrutix

Reaction score
Im not the type of guy that advocates injuring someone else, let a lone a star player, but the way I see it, the refs to a certain degree protect the Lakers more than they should. So my opinion is that they are going to call fouls. With that said, make them earn it. The one that bothers me is when Gasol cuts in for an easy lay up and brushes up against another player and gets a "and one" He feels no pain. At least bump him and make sure he feels it and let him think twice before entering the lane.
This is what I was getting at. Giving hard fouls at the rim to Pau/Odom would have the added benefit of (a) preventing the "and 1" and (b) messing with their heads. Nash himself said after game 3 that "tenacity" was the key to victory. That means protecting the basket. Gentry should be encouraging Lou to get his gorilla on beneath the rim, at least for a few plays. It might not effect Pau all too much but Odom? Definitely. The Lakers are like hard candy with a marsh mellow core.

Re: Fisher/Nash. I too think the head butt was accidental, but there was only a few seconds left and Fisher was behaving recklessly. He's also a dirty player in general. No, I don't recommend intentionally injuring anyone, but the goal should be to play as physical as the refs allow. They're gonna need that mentality in the unlikely event they pass LA and meet Boston.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fish is a little punk bi@#* he starts alot of crap then crys like a baby when anyone touches him! And he is a self serving piece of crap using his daughter to benefit his move to LA!

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I thought that was a funny play by Lopez. Also, it was a VETERAN play. That was so much like an Anthony Mason type move. It allowed Lopez to get into Fisher's head at that moment. Hope he's able to slyly do more of this....

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yea, Im tired of seeing this barbosa ninja flip webster over his back then coddle him with his teet to make sure hes ok crap. MOAR ELBOWZ!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05