Put Amare On The Block....

High Stakes

Registered
Reaction score
get him out of here...the suns cannot win a title with his piss poor defense. Who can we get for him? I think we will get low-balled due to his knees...

Would you really risk Camby (injury diva) for STAT?
Tyson "one hit wonder" Chandler for Black Jesus?

There is no reason to do either of those...Amare for KG last summer, YES

but as for now who will help us??? Boozer? Kobe? Gasol? J-Smooth? Al Jefferson? Bosh? D Howard?

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
J-Smooth? Al Jefferson? Bosh? D Howard?

The Suns have no chance whatsoever of getting any of these guys.

And you talk about STAT having piss poor defense, but you want Gasol? Amare's defense sure isn't good but he's a better defender than Pau.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
get him out of here...the suns cannot win a title with his piss poor defense. Who can we get for him? I think we will get low-balled due to his knees...

but as for now who will help us??? Boozer? Kobe? Gasol? J-Smooth? Al Jefferson? Bosh? D Howard?
put him on the low block.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The Suns have no chance whatsoever of getting any of these guys.

And you talk about STAT having piss poor defense, but you want Gasol? Amare's defense sure isn't good but he's a better defender than Pau.
he is more capable of being an athletic shot blocker that's for sure.

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let him play his normal position, PF. This is his problem. He's not like Duncan, where he has Oberto and Elson to help him. Amare can't do it all, if Skinner was given the opportunity to start along side Amare, he would be more effective, since he is such a good weak side defender

and lol.."trade amare" ..

That only moves us further from winning it all seeing that he is our only threat inside..good luck with that one..........

arwillan

The King
Reaction score

remind me why the jazz would give up their 2nd best player in boozer for amare? why would the lakers trade the best player in the world for him? why would we want an even worse defender who is slower and less athletic? why would minny trade the only reason any one gives a damn about them for amare? why would toronto trade their best player (who plays somewhat like amare) for amare? and finally, why would orlando trade the front-runner for mvp at this point for a guy who is not as good at shot blocking and rebounding and who is only slightly better offensively? the answer to all of the above is THEY WOULDN'T!

PHX 32

Hard times on Planet Orange
Reaction score
The way Amare has played lately (give or take a few dumb mistakes in games we should have won) there is no one I would trade him for, especially seeing as how well him and Nash are working the pick n' roll game.

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
Glad to see more people are coming around. He plays zero defense, and doesn't give any effort. That's inexcusable IMO. Trade him to Detroit for Sheed, Maxiell, and A. Johnson so we can have a legit shot at a ring.

cly2tw

Reaction score
put him on the low block.

This is what I thought immediately seeing the title of the thread.:D

The current approach of the Suns under DA is just inconsistent, not optimizing the team's chance at the title at all. When Amare's energy is there, he is the best on the team. It's definitely easier to fix the coaching issue than to trade him for equal value.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Glad to see more people are coming around. He plays zero defense, and doesn't give any effort. That's inexcusable IMO. Trade him to Detroit for Sheed, Maxiell, and A. Johnson so we can have a legit shot at a ring.
you might have to take out maxiell to make that work for detroit. amare/atl for Johnson/sheed/afflalo sounds good to me.

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
would you people just CALM down

i kinda saw this thread coming

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Our star player is broken down and can't play anymore. Hey, I've got an idea, let's trade him for some other teams star player!

This is a great idea. Why doesn't somebody contact the Suns front office and let them in on our idea.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As far as the thread goes....i'd rather lose Marion than Stoudemire given the choice of bringing in another star player.
I don't blame the SUNS players for their defensive woes.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
amare will be fine if he will ever learn how to box out and rebound. unfortunately i have seen zero improvement from him on that. im not sure if its his lack of desire to do so or lack of coaching, but something needs to change. its humorous watching amare when a shot goes up because he gets nowhere close to the ball usually if its a miss. look at these players averaging more rebounds than amare....

kaman, boozer, okafor, randolph, marion, jamison, ilgauskus, horford, gooden, biedrens, west, dalembert, foster, haslem, kidd!!!

i left out the obvious ones. theres no reason he shouldnt be pulling down 11-14 rebounds a game if he gave a damn.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
amare will be fine if he will ever learn how to box out and rebound. unfortunately i have seen zero improvement from him on that. im not sure if its his lack of desire to do so or lack of coaching, but something needs to change. its humorous watching amare when a shot goes up because he gets nowhere close to the ball usually if its a miss. look at these players averaging more rebounds than amare....

kaman, boozer, okafor, randolph, marion, jamison, ilgauskus, horford, gooden, biedrens, west, dalembert, foster, haslem, kidd!!!

i left out the obvious ones. theres no reason he shouldnt be pulling down 11-14 rebounds a game if he gave a damn.

the fact that jason kidd is outrebounding him is disturbing... you forgot to mention bynum who is averaging a clean 10 rebs per game to amare's 8.5

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is an idea. How about letting Amare play his natural position at PF instead of Center? Maybe then he can reach his full potential. That's a much better proposition then putting Amare on the block.

After all it only took the Suns how many years to get a legit big man????

NastyOne

Suns 4 Life...Probably...Maybe
Reaction score
Don't know if you guys realize this but there is no pair of teammates in the NBA right now both averaging double digit rebounds per game.

Marion is averaging 10.9 and Amare 8.5, and Marion plays more minutes per game than Amare.

Amare's rebounding isnt the problem, the problem is this coaching staff that refuses to accept change and finally let Amare and Marion play their natural positions and bring a real damn center in here. I mean c'mon already how many years has it been since we've had a real center on the roster? I swear i think our last real center was Big Jake and thats freaking pathetic.

We will never win a title with Amare at center and Marion at PF, and for some reason some of you rather blame the players for their defensive and rebounding woes instead of putting the blame where it belongs, and thats right on the shoulders of D'Antoni and Kerr.

Reaction score
You don't think we can pry Josh Smith from Atlanta for Amare?

I like Amare but becuase of his knees he'll never be the weapon that he was pre-microfracture. Sure he can hit the 15 footer but what struck fear in teams was his ability to finish over and through people which created more open looks for our perimeter shooters. Now he is one of our perimeter shooters. Couple that with his lack of effort on defense I don't think this team is going to win a title as is. Not to say that the team plus Smith would win a title but watching a team that gave more effort would be more entertaining.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05