Q wants to play in Carolina

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I think all Cards fans have to get out of the mindset that we are going to lose games simply because of the match up. That is not the case anymore. We have the talent, the coaching and the motivation to win and be competitive in ANY game on our dockett. We shouldn't "sit" players because we will lose. We should play these players because they improve our chances of winning. Imagine how ampped our guys will be seeing Q on the field three weeks after one of the most violent hits ever seen in pro sports. If I were playing on that field, I'd be playing like my ass were on fire!

The only thing that would affect Q's progress would be the concussion and he's already passed that test. Q will not play tentatively like most think he will. He'll still go up the middle and hit linebackers to get YAC.

Go Q!!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree TJ this mindset of oh well we are gonna lose might as well rest Q is crap! We can beat Carolina the same as we beat Buffalo, or Dallas, we weren't supposed to be able to win those games either right? Just freakin believe in your team and its players and know if they play well they can beat ANY team in the NFL on any given Sunday (or Monday).

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Panther fan here. You'd better hope he doesn't play...he's a sick nasty WR, but the Panthers D have a history of ending careers. See: Daunte Culpepper, Chris Simms, etc. Especially after the hit he took last time he was on the east coast...

Why, just last week, Reggie Bush came into the game, started tearing it up, then ended up tearing up his knee. Oh and by the way, he was spotted puking on the sideline earlier in the game after taking a nasty lick.

That was an intelligent post! :moon:

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Panther fan here. You'd better hope he doesn't play...he's a sick nasty WR, but the Panthers D have a history of ending careers. See: Daunte Culpepper, Chris Simms, etc. Especially after the hit he took last time he was on the east coast...

Why, just last week, Reggie Bush came into the game, started tearing it up, then ended up tearing up his knee. Oh and by the way, he was spotted puking on the sideline earlier in the game after taking a nasty lick.

The only thing the Panthers have a history of is surprising teams when they are picked to be bad and dissappointing when they are picked to be good.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree TJ this mindset of oh well we are gonna lose might as well rest Q is crap! We can beat Carolina the same as we beat Buffalo, or Dallas, we weren't supposed to be able to win those games either right? Just freakin believe in your team and its players and know if they play well they can beat ANY team in the NFL on any given Sunday (or Monday).

Oh I agree that on any given Sunday any team can win. Is there a possiblity that the Cards win in Carolina? Of course there is.

However history is against the Cards. Sure we beat Buffalo and Dallas. However we beat them at HOME. Yet we lost to lesser teams in the Skins and NYJ on the road. This is just a different team on the road. Especially road games on the East Coast.

Then factor in that Carolina has a very loud stadium and a solid defense. That loud stadium and our shaky right side of the OL is not a good combination.

Until they prove differently I doubt the Cards win this game. Especially against a solid team like Carolina that is pretty ballanced on offense and defense.

With that said, if this game was played at UoP stadium, I'd pick the Cards to win. These teams are very similar in that respect. They rarely lose at home.

TJ

Reaction score
Oh I agree that on any given Sunday any team can win. Is there a possiblity that the Cards win in Carolina? Of course there is.

However history is against the Cards. Sure we beat Buffalo and Dallas. However we beat them at HOME. Yet we lost to lesser teams in the Skins and NYJ on the road. This is just a different team on the road. Especially road games on the East Coast.

Then factor in that Carolina has a very loud stadium and a solid defense. That loud stadium and our shaky right side of the OL is not a good combination.

Until they prove differently I doubt the Cards win this game. Especially against a solid team like Carolina that is pretty ballanced on offense and defense.

With that said, if this game was played at UoP stadium, I'd pick the Cards to win. These teams are very similar in that respect. They rarely lose at home.

The word bolded above needs to be taken out of EVERY Cards fan and players' vernacular. Screw the past. This is now. This is a new team!!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The word bolded above needs to be taken out of EVERY Cards fan and players' vernacular. Screw the past. This is now. This is a new team!!

Even the history of this year has proven it to be true. The Cards just suck when they have to travel East. Lets hope they rewrite history on Sunday but I'm not holding my breath.

And lets not forget that Carolina has yet to lose at home this year.

hepcat

Reaction score
That was an intelligent post! :moon:

Hey I'm not trying to hate...Carolina's D under John Fox is one of the hardest hitting, most physical teams in the NFL. It's no secret they are notorious for injuring a player every week. I'd want to keep one of your best players still recovering from a serious looking injury on the sideline until weaker competition surfaces. Just saying...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uhhh tampa bay made us look horrible? they had like 5 plays all go their way even fumbles found their ways back into the TB players hand, all but one interception was a pass that bounced off the receivers hands (one was for a TD). I dont think we should be able to take the loss back, sometimes u get bad breaks, but we only looked horrible because we were very unlucky that day. anyways, ill see u guys at the game.

No doubt. It was the most awesome performance ever by a team that lost 27-3.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If we're looking at historical "knockouts," then Carolina'd better have their backup QB ready to play.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm not trying to hate...Carolina's D under John Fox is one of the hardest hitting, most physical teams in the NFL. It's no secret they are notorious for injuring a player every week. I'd want to keep one of your best players still recovering from a serious looking injury on the sideline until weaker competition surfaces. Just saying...

Yes, the rest of the NFL should surrender immediately for their own good. They obviously have no chance against the greatness that is the Panthers. Sure, the fans and networks will be pissed, and the lawsuits will run in the 100s of billions, but there is no way someone can play Carolina and not suffer a handful of decapitations and amputations.

TJ

Reaction score
If we're looking at historical "knockouts," then Carolina'd better have their backup QB ready to play.

And oddly enough, that is none other than Josh McCown :p

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is this Boldin should sit, CRAP!?!

He says he's ready and the doctors say he's ready. He goes period. Or, did we learn nothing from "save it for the playoffs" against this team last year? A loss that was totally uncalled for and disgusting.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He says he's ready and the doctors say he's ready. He goes period. Or, did we learn nothing from "save it for the playoffs" against this team last year? A loss that was totally uncalled for and disgusting.

:thumbup:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have no problem if he is ready and back to his old self. However it there is any possibility his injury isn't fully healed then I say rest him one more week.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I hope that everybody giving up on this game and saying that we have zero chance to win stays far away from the game, and any television set that is playing the game, because that attitude disgusts me and I don't want it anywhere near my team. Look, I'm one of the more pessimistic posters on here, and I'm going to go into this game with some good kharmic outlook. Why the hell can't we win? History? We play badly on the road, in the east? Carolina is a juggernaut? Bah, hooey. We can win this game, and I think we will win it. I don't mind if you think we're going to lose, but the idea that we have no chance is just plain wrong. And the idea that some intelligent posters think this way angers me. You don't want to see an angry Stout ;)

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope that everybody giving up on this game and saying that we have zero chance to win stays far away from the game, and any television set that is playing the game, because that attitude disgusts me and I don't want it anywhere near my team. Look, I'm one of the more pessimistic posters on here, and I'm going to go into this game with some good kharmic outlook. Why the hell can't we win? History? We play badly on the road, in the east? Carolina is a juggernaut? Bah, hooey. We can win this game, and I think we will win it. I don't mind if you think we're going to lose, but the idea that we have no chance is just plain wrong. And the idea that some intelligent posters think this way angers me. You don't want to see an angry Stout ;)

Alright, I shouldn't have said we have "no chance at winning this game" in my first post. That was a poor choice of words. It should have been odds are against us to win this game.

Basically we need the Cards to play error free football on the road. I just have my doubts that the Cards will be able to do this.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

Your heartfelt concern for Anquan is appreciated. I have equal concern for Steve Smith. I suggest sitting him out of the Cardinal game. Adrian Wilson has been in a very foul mood lately and is just itching for a wide receiver to lay the wood to.

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Yeah, in our last game we took out Romo, Felix Jones, Sam Hurd, and Brian McBriar.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I am so disappointed in you, Stout. I can't believe you would say something like that.

:D

Hey, shut your Assface :D

I don't think we even need to play close to a perfect game. We just need to play sound football, continue bringing intensity on defense, and manage the game correctly (read that as not playing run-run-pass, uber-conservative ball). Let our offense pass to set up the run and take a few shots down the field. Let our defense get after Delhomme. We'll have a solid shot at winning the game under those circumstances.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05