Q wants to play in Carolina

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool. Anyone else think this was going to be Rosenhaus mouthing off again?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Big emotional lift to the entire roster if #81 is out there playing his heart out as usual

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Urban said:
By the way, Boldin doesn't like taking medication so he passed on taking pain relievers. I know he avoids alcohol, but no pain medication? Wow. That's really treating the body as a temple.

Boldin is supposed to have the wires taken out Tuesday. Boldin said he wants to practice and play this week, although he has to see how the helmet works. He lost 10 pounds but gained them back even though he's still working on eating normally.

Holy crap.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Big emotional lift to the entire roster if #81 is out there playing his heart out as usual

Agree! The inspiration factor alone is worth it.

Hey, I still remember Kirk Gibson hobbling off the bench in the 1988 World Series and homering off Dennis Eckersley. ;)

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
You mean he doesnt want to save himself for the playoffs this time around.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Q should sit this game out. Winning in Carolina is just not going to happen.

1. Carolina is 4-0 at home
  2. It's another road game for the Cards
  3. East Coast games are brutal for west coast teams
I just don't see the Cards having any chance winning this game in Carolina. Why not let Q get healthy for St Louis.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

I just don't see the Cards having any chance winning this game in Carolina. Why not let Q get healthy for St Louis.

Huh? You're conceiding this game 6 days before it happens?? Sorry, but I think that is assenine. That is why they play the games. This is a winnable game for us. Not going to be easy, but if we have all of our troops ready and able (including Boldin) we can make this game interesting.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

agreed.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just need the defense to keep the Panthers from scoring as much as they want to. If that can happen though a strong pass rush and good run defense, the Cards offense, with Kurt Warner, could score just enough to outscore the Panthers.

If that happens, I predict a Card victory.
You must be registered for see images

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's how I think it's going to go down: Q plays, but with limited snaps. He gets a couple of looks early on short, safe sideline passes just to send notice that Q isn't just there as a decoy...and then the rest of the game they'll use him as a decoy.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ofcourse he wants to play, he's a grown *** man!

Q does not need pain killers because Q feels no pain!

Look at the way he's holding that football man! Even the LACES are scared of Mr. Boldin!!!

Witten cant even watch, he's just frozen in fear, whispering to the Ref:

"He's not looking at me is he???"

Attachments

• AnquanPregameBlog.jpg
    AnquanPregameBlog.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 368

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a minute I thought Witten had a hand growing out of his end.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The concerns in this game are they did such a good job shutting down the Saints offense and they're a lot like we are. And they have Steve Smith a terrific deep threat and we've had problems in our secondary on blown coverages.

They're pretty hard to peg though, Tampa Bay made them look horrible, then they go and destroy the Saints the next week.

They only have 11 sacks in 7 games but the game story for the Saints it says they were all over Brees(only 1 sack) and the one sack by Peppers produced a fumble recovery. Sometimes sacks are a bad indicator of pressure, I didn't see the game so I have no idea how much pressure they got on Brees.

Would be a nice week to discover our run game though.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is off topic, but I never noticed the "growth" on Witten's thigh before, but it looks suspiciously like a third hand.

You must be registered for see images

Hmmm.

JTS

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score

yup. agreed

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh? You're conceiding this game 6 days before it happens?? Sorry, but I think that is assenine. That is why they play the games. This is a winnable game for us. Not going to be easy, but if we have all of our troops ready and able (including Boldin) we can make this game interesting.

The game might be interesting but everything is stacked in Carolina's favor.

If the Cards can go into Carolina and pull out a victory they are going to the Super Bowl. I just don't see that happening.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4th on the Q should sit.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

Herm Edwards "You play to win the game."

No reason the new Cardinals can't win the game. The Bears almost beat them in Carolina. They just have to be more productive in the running game and get a couple of turnovers and avoid turnovers on offense.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

They should just mail in the loss and save the time and money to travel down east. That way they can take another week to rest and REALLY be ready for St Louis. :sarcasm:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
They should just mail in the loss and save the time and money to travel down east. That way they can take another week to rest and REALLY be ready for St Louis. :sarcasm:

I hear ya. I watched Carolina on Sunday. They are no better than Washington when we played them IMO. There is absolutely no reason that the Cardinals cannot beat the Panthers if they play like they have the last couple of weeks. Of course, that assumes they can take the show on the road, not a given by any means.

But, I actually think they can do better offensively because Fitz and Q and Steve will be better than the Saints receivers were. Colston and Shockey were not on the same page with Brees and the Saints didn't even have Reggie Bush in the second half.

thunderaiden

Reaction score
The concerns in this game are they did such a good job shutting down the Saints offense and they're a lot like we are. And they have Steve Smith a terrific deep threat and we've had problems in our secondary on blown coverages.

They're pretty hard to peg though, Tampa Bay made them look horrible, then they go and destroy the Saints the next week.

They only have 11 sacks in 7 games but the game story for the Saints it says they were all over Brees(only 1 sack) and the one sack by Peppers produced a fumble recovery. Sometimes sacks are a bad indicator of pressure, I didn't see the game so I have no idea how much pressure they got on Brees.

Would be a nice week to discover our run game though.

Uhhh tampa bay made us look horrible? they had like 5 plays all go their way even fumbles found their ways back into the TB players hand, all but one interception was a pass that bounced off the receivers hands (one was for a TD). I dont think we should be able to take the loss back, sometimes u get bad breaks, but we only looked horrible because we were very unlucky that day. anyways, ill see u guys at the game.