Originally posted by Bellingham Mike
McCown
4 games 70-119 789 yds
5 TDs 2 ints while being pounded
with 22 sacks. Probably hit a lot
more on top of that. Plus he has
made some athletic plays. Why
do people seem so hard on him?

IMO a lot of those sacks were from holding the ball too long. That said, I think he has potential, especially now that we are getting new coaches.

pinnacle

Reaction score
Renz: perhaps in the 1st two games - he held the ball two long...and also if he is sacked in a blitz - that is kind of the qbs fault for not reading the blitz.... but..against the Vikings - he was creamed immediately by defensive lineman.....they almost had no resistance from our lineman..all 5 that played most of the game (wells, spikes, garcia, clement and dishman) and all pretty much sucked..Hard to say he held the ball too long that much today - he did throw the ball away better today... I would dock the offensive lineman a weeks pay if you could do that sort of thing...

After every meltdown...the olineman were always walking back to the huddle going..my bad (walking back pointing at themselves alot)...they were all awful.. Maybe a new coach will teach them how to block..and it would have been better if davis, shelton and kendall had played (davis and kendall barely played and shelton did not dress)... I thought Josh actually played better this week..because a) our oline was completely missing in action and b) he made plays at the end of the game - he did not make them late in the seattle and carolina games... Josh had an up an down game this week - but made plays when the game was on the line..

I guess my point was: hard to tell if he was holding the ball too long - he was getting heat immediately....

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
good post Pinnacle.

I think your comments are pretty darn accurate!!!!

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
BTW...

Pinnacle,

Congrats on 1st place in the "tough" division of the ASPN Pickem's.

:thumbup:

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
potential. that what they said about rob johnson. he also held on the ball to long.

pinnacle

Reaction score
Tango..thanks...Kind of crawled to the finish line based on this weeks picks....I figured out the key to success: get your picks in every week:D

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Three starters out today. Kendell, Davis and Shelton. Its no mystery why the pass blocking was so bad.

The few times McCown had time, he threw accurate balls.

pinnacle

Reaction score
I also think Josh threw two catchable balls for bombs:

1. Boldin the 4th quarter - he was not ready for the ball..it was thrown well but he did not see it until the last minute - and he got one hand on it - if he had looked up earlier - it would have been a td (or so I think based on one replay at the stadium).

2. Johnson early in the game (1st or 2nd series)...it appeared he slowed down and the ball was overthrown....again..with one replay at the stadium hard to tell - but it did not look like he slowed on his own or was knocked off route by a defender - the ball had some air under it and looked like if he had run full tilt he could have reached it...he appeared to accelerate too late...but it could have still been overthrown?

I do know that they were both closer than what jeff blake was tossing up to gilmore and johnson earlier in the season...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05