R I S E ___ U P ___ D A R K ___ S I D E (2024)

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Darkside my old friend...
Imagine meeting you again.....

I turned the game off with 10 minutes left in the fourth quarter.
Can't turn off the game when you are at the game. You just soak in yet another teams' fanbase celebrating in your stadium. Sigh.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Can't turn off the game when you are at the game. You just soak in yet another teams' fanbase celebrating in your stadium. Sigh.
You are a glutton for punishment my friend. You couldn't pay me to go to a game these days. Drive out to the Westside for hours to watch our team get pummeled with a stadium full of opposing team fans? Yeah, no thx.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are a glutton for punishment my friend. You couldn't pay me to go to a game these days. Drive out to the Westside for hours to watch our team get pummeled with a stadium full of opposing team fans? Yeah, no thx.

I passed on having season tickets last year for the first time since 1994. I went to three games. This year, I split the season with a friend who has tickets.

Yesterday, I realized that was dumb. The seats were 3/4 full and I was somehow surrounded by Washington fans. The game experience sucks ass compared to SDS. Even when it was so hot.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I passed on having season tickets last year for the first time since 1994. I went to three games. This year, I split the season with a friend who has tickets.

Yesterday, I realized that was dumb. The seats were 3/4 full and I was somehow surrounded by Washington fans. The game experience sucks ass compared to SDS. Even when it was so hot.
Yeah, I was a season ticket holder in the first season in the new stadium. Between the drive, a bad team, and feeling like I was in a war zone with all the fights inside and outside of the stadium, it was an easy choice to dump the tix right away.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I miss the SDS days, too.
There was at least a camaraderie among the ticket holders at that time. And you actually felt like the team appreciated you. They had so many give aways. Small things, but it still meant something. I still have my VandenBosch jersey. I think there were three jerseys they gave you the choice of that year, KVB, Boston and someone else I am forgetting. Lassiter? Aeneas?

Every game I have gone to this year has had different people in the section. There isn't even one person I have seen at two games. Used to be you knew who would be there and you shared the experience.

That is all long gone.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was at least a camaraderie among the ticket holders at that time. And you actually felt like the team appreciated you. They had so many give aways. Small things, but it still meant something. I still have my VandenBosch jersey. I think there were three jerseys they gave you the choice of that year, KVB, Boston and someone else I am forgetting. Lassiter? Aeneas?

Every game I have gone to this year has had different people in the section. There isn't even one person I have seen at two games. Used to be you knew who would be there and you shared the experience.

That is all long gone.
I thought the jerseys they gave out were Plummer, Boston, KVB, and Lassiter.

My wife still wears her KVB, and I still wear my Lassiter.

At a game at SDS, Kyle was getting carted off for an injury and my wife and he had a Mean Joe Greene kind of moment. As he passed by us, she thumbed up her jersey at him and he smiled and gave her a thumbs up.

I was blessed to get to know Kwamie pretty well. Great guy on and off the field. He once stopped me at a game in Glendale and went to customer service for a Sharpie just so he could re-sign my jersey because his signature was fading.

At SDS we used to get the biggest ASFN halftime gatherings. Some people came from the opposite side of the stadium just to be with the group at the half. Now we get just a couple or more at each half.

I also miss stadium security trying to stop the fans from bouncing inflatable beach balls around, @MadJack's signs (when he could really speak his mind), and so many other little things about game days there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake