Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
There really aren't any great rappers anymore. The ones I check for are.

Kanye West
Ludacris
Young Jeezy
Devin the Dude
The Game

Life sucks right now if you used to like dat West Coast Gangsta Sh*t

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Kanye West
Ludacris
Young Jeezy
Devin the Dude
The Game

There is some tight WestCoast thats gangsta that isn't getting too hyped, here is a link check out C-Bo and Killa Tay www.2siccaudio.com this is the undaground grimy stuff here

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
There is some tight WestCoast thats gangsta that isn't getting too hyped, here is a link check out C-Bo and Killa Tay www.2siccaudio.com this is the undaground grimy stuff here
I have every C-Bo album since his debut "The Gas Chamber" I grew up in Nor. Cali... I really love hip-hop, but have always had a place for the bald head nut...

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
I'm not a huge C-Bo fan. Doesn't he have beef with the Game. I wish someone would come out of the West that was new, creative and bangin.

OP
OP
Brandon_Webb

Brandon_Webb

Registered
Reaction score
Whats Mos Def's most popular song? I was watching an episode of CSI and a song of his that was on the radio came into play and I can't find that song.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Whats Mos Def's most popular song? I was watching an episode of CSI and a song of his that was on the radio came into play and I can't find that song.

I don't know that he has a "popular" song per say. "Ms. Fat Booty" or "Umi Says" were two of the more popular songs off of his debut joint, but I think his most popular song is probably the joint he did with Talib as Blackstar. Can't think of the title. "One two three, Mos Def and Talib Kweli....." Damn mental block!!!:bang:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know that he has a "popular" song per say. "Ms. Fat Booty" or "Umi Says" were two of the more popular songs off of his debut joint, but I think his most popular song is probably the joint he did with Talib as Blackstar. Can't think of the title. "One two three, Mos Def and Talib Kweli....." Damn mental block!!!:bang:

"Definition"?

I think "Ms Fat Booty" is prolly his most popular, at least it was on the radio the most if I remember right..

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Definition"?

I think "Ms Fat Booty" is prolly his most popular, at least it was on the radio the most if I remember right..

I concur. Ms Fat Booty and Definition are probably 1-2.

Also the group was Blackstarr, in case anyone tries to seach for tracks.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about Digital Underground? I always thought they were terribly underrated. I am listening to Sex Packets and there are a lot of solid tracks on it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kanye West
Ludacris
Young Jeezy
Devin the Dude
The Game

You missed both E-40 and Ice Cube.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought that last E-40, it was good, not great. Ice Cube has fallen off though. He has no cred after "Are we there Yet"

Uh, no man.. Cubes last cd was hard.. You cant put movies next to a cd.. Maybe you fall for everything you read/hear but Cube came hard on his last joint.. Not classic Cube, but harder than he has in years..

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Uh, no man.. Cubes last cd was hard.. You cant put movies next to a cd.. Maybe you fall for everything you read/hear but Cube came hard on his last joint.. Not classic Cube, but harder than he has in years..

I was just about to say the same thing Gee. Cube's spit game is STLL on point.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just about to say the same thing Gee. Cube's spit game is STLL on point.

Well, maybe I will give it a listen.

The whole War & Peace crap was unlistenable. I miss the Predator/Lethal Injection days.

/today was a good day

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give this one a try.. 1st Cypress.. It knocked in the neighborhoods..

You must be registered for see images

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, maybe I will give it a listen.

The whole War & Peace crap was unlistenable. I miss the Predator/Lethal Injection days.

/today was a good day

He goes after poltical thing half the time.. then schools the news jacks on how they are rich from NWA..

If you listening to hip hop from a young age like me, and NWA was blasting from the speakers in pintos driving by your window as a younging, youll appreaciate

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
I agree. Ice Cube is washed up. I listened to his new CD it was...ok. He tried to rap over some of today's type of beats and it didn't sound great. Unfortunately the West's glory days are in the past. I'm a child of the 90s when the rap game was at its best.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the West's glory days are in the past. I'm a child of the 90s when the rap game was at its best.

Actually mid to late 80's was the best rap era.. And Im fortunate to have been able to be a part of it..

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I bought that last E-40, "
If you ever want to listen to a slept on classic, pick up a copy of "the Click"'s debut album "down and dirty" released on sick wit it records... That album was very good, they used to sell it out of their trunk in vallejo in 1990-1991, long before they signed with Jive.

Jive re-released the album, but deleted 4 tracks and changed a couple of the others... I have not been able to re-find an original copy and that is a bummer. Still, I view it as a very, very good album...

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Couldnt agree more.. I still wonder about the fascination about this gerbil looking, man kissing dude..

:thumbdown

Wayne can be nice at times. I'm just waiting on a end to this whole Gillie madness. Wayne needs to address that pronto, or every verse he ever spits from now on will come with an asterisk.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually mid to late 80's was the best rap era.. And Im fortunate to have been able to be a part of it..

You were part of it? I did some asking around and someone told me that you were the dude from Kid 'N Play who didnt have the really high hair. Truth?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You were part of it? I did some asking around and someone told me that you were the dude from Kid 'N Play who didnt have the really high hair. Truth?

lol naw.. when i say a part of it i mean as in i was listening to rap.. first rap song i ever heard was newcules "jam on it" back in what, 1982? Holy crap i have been listening to rap for 25 years lmao.. i feel old now...