Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now lets go old school.. Something the young bucks may know nothing about.. This the jam

NHEIB84

Rookie
Reaction score
Mr. Lif

Mr. Lif is coming through...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Apr 28 2009[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Club Congress, Performing with Grieves, Willie Evans Jr. and Statik[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tucson, Arizona[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Apr 29 2009[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chasers Bar and Nightclub, Performing with Grieves, Willie Evans Jr. and Statik[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Scottsdale, Arizona[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Apr 30 2009[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Green Room, Performing with Grieves, Willie Evans Jr. and Statik[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Flagstaff, Arizona[/FONT]

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Now lets go old school.. Something the young bucks may know nothing about.. This the jam

LOVE this song. Used to have the entire thing memorized....only made it through like the first min and a half this time though.

NHEIB84

Rookie
Reaction score
Went to Mr. Lif on Thursday and picked up his new album "I Heard It Today". Excellent show and album. I'm not huge on political/protest hip hop but this is superb. Man hip hop is the genre right now.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It takes a couple of listens but Funk Man is on another level. Very addictive.

About 20 seconds into "Get It Right Now" I was thinking to myself, "holy hot sh*t this sh*t is crazy".. :D.. It definitly is deifferent then anything else he's ever done but Ive come to expect that from Del.. I remember when his 1st album came out "I Wish My Brother George Was Here", I remember bumping that and thinking the dude was crazy, but I liked it.. Then came "No Need For Alarm" where he just went bezerk on the tracks in a different direction than the 1st album and I knew right then and there the dude was nice.. Then all the rest that came after it are all different.. From the solo albums to the Gorillas to his Deltron.. Ya just gotta sit back and enjoy the ride with Del.. Damn I feel old now after thinking that far back..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so Ive now heard three of the new Eminem songs.. We Made You, 3Am and this new one called Old Times Sake.. All three are pathetic.. Em's new voice is annoying and he aint even talking about nothing.. We Made You is a fluff song.. 3Am is some kinda shock horror rap song (whats the point of this?).. And Old Times Sake is some queer getting high song.. Em has progressively gotten worse on every album in terms of subject matter and his voice keeps raising octaves that pretty soon only dogs will be able to hear him..

OP
OP
Brandon_Webb

Brandon_Webb

Registered
Reaction score
I've been listening to the CD, Em's definitely got some sick lines and great verses. But his new voice and chorus's are just awful. Why has he just stuck with that Ass like that voice? and most of the chorus's are sung by Eminem in that high voice and it just doesn't work. He's still got some great clever rhymes and good flow but for sure not on the level of Slim Shady LP or Marshall Mathers

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
I've been listening to the CD, Em's definitely got some sick lines and great verses. But his new voice and chorus's are just awful. Why has he just stuck with that Ass like that voice? and most of the chorus's are sung by Eminem in that high voice and it just doesn't work. He's still got some great clever rhymes and good flow but for sure not on the level of Slim Shady LP or Marshall Mathers

Definitely not on the level of those two albums (maybe even Infinite) but it is a solid album imho and its nice to hear Em back...

I guess Im in the minority about not caring about that voice. Some hooks seem eh but some I actually like like "Hello". I dont know I just think it falls way short of being anything of Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP but definitely a fresh and solid album to listen to "mainstream" wise.

Definitely looking forward to Relaspe 2 later this year. I want to hear that track with Royce and DJ Premier ...

OP
OP
Brandon_Webb

Brandon_Webb

Registered
Reaction score
Definitely not on the level of those two albums (maybe even Infinite) but it is a solid album imho and its nice to hear Em back...

I guess Im in the minority about not caring about that voice. Some hooks seem eh but some I actually like like "Hello". I dont know I just think it falls way short of being anything of Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP but definitely a fresh and solid album to listen to "mainstream" wise.

Definitely looking forward to Relaspe 2 later this year. I want to hear that track with Royce and DJ Premier ...

Yeah, it seemed like he tried to go back to the style of some of his older crazier songs like Brain Damage, As the World Turns, Drug Ballad etc. but it just doesn't come off as real as it used to. There's a relapse 2 coming out? DJ Premiere never misses so I'll be excited to hear that track.

young tone

Reaction score
Yeah, it seemed like he tried to go back to the style of some of his older crazier songs like Brain Damage, As the World Turns, Drug Ballad etc. but it just doesn't come off as real as it used to. There's a relapse 2 coming out? DJ Premiere never misses so I'll be excited to hear that track.

Yeah Eminem confirmed that Relapse is two albums and part 2 will be out either November or December.

And yeah Premo confirmed he made a track with Em and said Em is back he attacked the track like the old Em. He also said he doesnt put his beats with wack rappers so expect Em to kill it. Im looking for the article for you ....

It wasnt on this Relapse so Im guessing it'll be on Relapse 2 ...

I still wanted a Bad Meets Evil album. Sucks Bad Meets Evil and The 4 Horsemen both never released a album.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Speaking of Eminem...

I bought Proof's solo album Searching for Jerry Garcia on Wednesday. That album is actually pretty good. Kinda weird that it was released under Aftermath, but a very good album from start to finish.

I guess it was released shortly before his death and a few of the selections on the album are kinda spooky. He has a song called Kurt Kobain and there is a skit where he is shot and killed.

He was always my favorite on the D12 albums and I stumbled upon the cd.

young tone

Reaction score
Speaking of Eminem...

I bought Proof's solo album Searching for Jerry Garcia on Wednesday. That album is actually pretty good. Kinda weird that it was released under Aftermath, but a very good album from start to finish.

I guess it was released shortly before his death and a few of the selections on the album are kinda spooky. He has a song called Kurt Kobain and there is a skit where he is shot and killed.

He was always my favorite on the D12 albums and I stumbled upon the cd.

Oh that was a very underrated album! That song Kurt Kobain is my favorite track on the album. I really enjoyed it, just was shocked when he passed away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx1ee_6fH60

R.I.P. Proof "King of Detroit"

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just heard about this dude J. Cole.. When and downloaded some of his mixtapes.. Guess he's the 1st rapper signed to Jay-Z's Roc Nation.. He's pretty tight.. This song right here though jams..

"Grown Simba"

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rakims new single leaked a few weeks early.. New album in years coming soon..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im gonna have to give Jay a big ole fail on his first single from Blueprint 3... This is horrible.. I hope the album is better than this crap.. Jay need to quit wearing them funny glasses and get his 90's swag back