Rapid Reaction

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man that felt good, not only to get the W but to get it dominant fashion! Not to steal Ghandi's 15 thoughts thread but here are some of my quick observations from today:

1. Pat P seemed locked in. It's like he shows up when he wants to (which unfortunately is like once every 4 or 5 games)

2. Dennis freaking Gardeck. Gotta love the heart, soul and energy this guy brings every time he is one the field (kinda reminds me of Wolf, a classic overachiever lol)

3. Speaking of energy, they finally brought it early and it made all the difference! You could feel them oozing physicality and confidence. They even brought the swagger today (After a big special teams tackle the whole unit was in the endzone posing and having fun...I love it)

4. I don't want to hear anymore crap about early east coast starts being a disadvantage. No more excuses. Just play football with passion and desire and the rest will take care of itself.

5. Ok, Drake is officially in my dog house. It's like it took him the better part of 3 and 1/2 quarters to realize if he stopped running east and west he could actually get some positive yards.

6. Our athletic freak still isn't getting significant reps (insert tears emoji here)

7. We finally got Larry involved. That one-handed snag was a thing of beauty.

8. Dang it's good to have Budda back. I don't even need to say anything else here. Moving along.

9. Nuk is a freaking beast. Which side note I gotta say I love me some Bill O'Brien. Can we make him our GM effective immediately lol

10. I love the aggressive 4th down play calling...It goes against conventional wisdom especially when we go for it in our own territory, but when you are watching the game real-time it always feels like we should go for it when Kliff dials it up. That 4th down conversion to Daniels was huge...We desperately needed to keep advancing the ball at that moment as NY had just scored and had all the momentum. That singular play literally turned the tide of the game as we went on to score and ice the game.

OP
OP
JosiahLee

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Oh and I forgot #11: Kyler hit on the intermediate passes...Oh and just happened to set a career high in passing yards after taking major heat from last week's performance (ok ok, I see you Kyler)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man that felt good, not only to get the W but to get it dominant fashion! Not to steal Ghandi's 15 thoughts thread but here are some of my quick observations from today:

1. Pat P seemed locked in. It's like he shows up when he wants to (which unfortunately is like once every 4 or 5 games)

2. Dennis freaking Gardeck. Gotta love the heart, soul and energy this guy brings every time he is one the field (kinda reminds me of Wolf, a classic overachiever lol)

3. Speaking of energy, they finally brought it early and it made all the difference! You could feel them oozing physicality and confidence. They even brought the swagger today (After a big special teams tackle the whole unit was in the endzone posing and having fun...I love it)

4. I don't want to hear anymore crap about early east coast starts being a disadvantage. No more excuses. Just play football with passion and desire and the rest will take care of itself.

5. Ok, Drake is officially in my dog house. It's like it took him the better part of 3 and 1/2 quarters to realize if he stopped running east and west he could actually get some positive yards.

6. Our athletic freak still isn't getting significant reps (insert tears emoji here)

7. We finally got Larry involved. That one-handed snag was a thing of beauty.

8. Dang it's good to have Budda back. I don't even need to say anything else here. Moving along.

9. Nuk is a freaking beast. Which side note I gotta say I love me some Bill O'Brien. Can we make him our GM effective immediately lol

10. I love the aggressive 4th down play calling...It goes against conventional wisdom especially when we go for it in our own territory, but when you are watching the game real-time it always feels like we should go for it when Kliff dials it up. That 4th down conversion to Daniels was huge...We desperately needed to keep advancing the ball at that moment as NY had just scored and had all the momentum. That singular play literally turned the tide of the game as we went on to score and ice the game.

Sooo you want to make Bill O’Brian OUR GM?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Going for it on 4th down in our own territory will bite us in the ass soon!
In the NFL, aggressive wins most of the time. You are correct that eventually we will not be perfect in those situations but it won't be for a lack of in-game experience. It also changes how teams defend on 3rd down knowing they are playing against a team that will go for it on 4th down.