Re-sign McDyess...

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
May the Ball God up in the sky have mercy on his knee...

because, when healthy... McDyess is a player.

And, he's a perfect fit for this team. He's strong, tough, energetic, and a veteran leader.

He has tons of game left.

Part of the the Suns' rebuilding process is right in front of their nose.

*** No one needs to tell me he's a health risk. I know that. I'm not saying they need to break the bank to keep him. Just offer him something fair. ***

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I totally agree. He has finally been given time tonight and he is showing that he still has it. He is a PERFECT FIT for this team if he can stay healthy.

We are seeing the true potential of an Amare, Mcdyess, Lampe rotation tonight, and im loving it! :thumbup:

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
I disagree with you here. I think that we are rebuilding and need to play those players that are apart of it. I dont see McDyess as a player that will help us rebuild.

OP
OP
sly fly

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Originally posted by boondockdrunk
I disagree with you here. I think that we are rebuilding and need to play those players that are apart of it. I dont see McDyess as a player that will help us rebuild.

WTF?? You want to rebuild with Zarko Cabarkapa or Casey Jacobsen???

Do you??? You can't be serious?

If the Suns are going to compete for anything, the roster will look drastically different.

Tell me why McDyess shouldn't be a part of it?

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score

blah blah blah. maybe you should watch the game tonight and say that. WHEN HEALTHY he is still one of the better PF's in the league.

We are better with mcdyess then without him. We need some veteran players on this team. Im sick of this "lets get younger" bs. WE ARE ALREADY YOUNG ENOUGH! Get some vets. (and kobe. ;))

And please, Zarko or Mcdyess? Yeah, thats a tough one. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
sly fly

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Originally posted by WastedFate
I totally agree. He has finally been given time tonight and he is showing that he still has it. He is a PERFECT FIT for this team if he can stay healthy.

We are seeing the true potential of an Amare, Mcdyess, Lampe rotation tonight, and im loving it! :thumbup:

I like your way of thinking...

;)

OP
OP
sly fly

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
BTW, McDyess is throwing people all over the place tonight.

The guy has developed a mean streak.

Ask Damon Jones.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
We can ask Jones once he gets up off of the floor. :thumbup:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
What has gotten into this team tonight? They are absolutely tearing it up.

RichDawg

Reaction score
I think the Suns are showcasing McDyess by starting and giving him minutes. I don't see him being here next year, and I don't think he should be. Yes, he can be spectacular at times, but his prone to injury will only give us unreliability (see one Grant Hill).

Besides, are we going to pin our hopes on another 6-9 center? Anybody remember Oliver Miller, Alvan Adams, etc? Let's not get too giddy based on one game.

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
blah blah blah. maybe you should watch the game tonight and say that. WHEN HEALTHY he is still one of the better PF's in the league.

We are better with mcdyess then without him. We need some veteran players on this team. Im sick of this "lets get younger" bs. WE ARE ALREADY YOUNG ENOUGH! Get some vets. (and kobe. ;))

And please, Zarko or Mcdyess? Yeah, thats a tough one. :rolleyes:

Well I am watching the game and I am impressed with him, but he wont sign for a little and we dont need another PF. Amare suits me fine. I would be all for a sign and trade but I do not think that anybody would go for that. Also Sly fly says to take out the fact that he is injury prone. Well that is hard to do because he hasnt been healthy for awhile. If we get rid of White then I am all for re-signing him, but do we really need another big man?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Originally posted by RichDawg

Besides, are we going to pin our hopes on another 6-9 center? Anybody remember Oliver Miller, Alvan Adams, etc? Let's not get too giddy based on one game.

McDyess isn't 6'9. At the very least he is 6'10.

He is taller than Amare and about as big as Voshkul.

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
Originally posted by slinslin
McDyess isn't 6'9. At the very least he is 6'10.

He is taller than Amare and about as big as Voshkul.

If you check espn and ndb.com it says that he is 6'9''.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
If i sound a little harsh, its simply because im sick of everyone saying that we need to "try to get younger." I think we need to keep our young core, but get some vets in here. I am all for trading our 1st pick (yes, im serious) if it meant that we could get an established, talented veteran.

Essentially, I would never pick "developing" zarko over keeping mcdyess.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
If Mcdyess is only 6'9, then Amare is about 6'7 1/2"

Last edited:

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
If i sound a little harsh, its simply because im sick of everyone saying that we need to "try to get younger." I think we need to keep our young core, but get some vets in here. I am all for trading our 1st pick (yes, im serious) if it meant that we could get an established, talented veteran.

Essentially, I would never pick "developing" zarko over keeping mcdyess.

I agree with trading the pick. But I dont agree with you about Zarko. He has played well when he gets minutes. The last two games he hasnt played well, but he is a rookie. If you said that we would be giving up White or Eisley and keeping McDyess then I am all for it. About the first round pick, I really dont think that this is a good draft unless you count getting Telfair with the cav's pick there really isnt anyone I want.

RichDawg

Reaction score
Fate,

Regardless of his size, you can't seriously believe he can contribute to any future success we may have. Do you honestly believe McDyess is here to replace Marbury, or to clear cap space for next season? Can you say "Kobe"?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
He will still clear capspace if you resign him for like 2M$.

Trade our lottery pick with Howard Eisley and we have 20M$ capspace already.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I was always under the impression that if Eisley or White go, that we can go after Kobe. And hey, if it meant that we had rid of dice I would do it in a heartbeat.

But hey, im all for keeping dice AND getting kobe. ;)

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Keep Dice.

He seems to be the ONLY one on the Suns who knows HOW to rebound. Sure Amare can get rebounds, but McDyess knows the HOW? of rebounding.

RichDawg

Reaction score
Racoon,

McDyess was outrebounded by both of our starting forwards tonight. I do not have a vendeda against McDyess, and he did have a nice game tonight, but any rational (and knowledgeable) fan can see this was a showcase game for him. He won't be a Sun next year.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
but any rational (and knowledgeable) fan can see this was a showcase game for him.

Please explain what the Suns have to gain by "showcasing" a player who will be an unrestricted free agent this summer.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Originally posted by RichDawg
Racoon,

McDyess was outrebounded by both of our starting forwards tonight. I do not have a vendeda against McDyess, and he did have a nice game tonight, but any rational (and knowledgeable) fan can see this was a showcase game for him. He won't be a Sun next year.

Probably.

I don't want him if he wants a mid/high contract. If he was willing to come for a low/minimum contract I'd want him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05