Realistic view of CB situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I agree our CB's are questionable but when you factor in the schedule and the division we play in, it's not so bad. Seattle and SF are in the bottom 3 of the NFL with their QB situations. St.Louis has a new system and no legit WR's so the Cards CB situation is good enough to win the NFC West. It's going up against elite passing teams like GB, NO, NE and SD where the Cards will struggle. The good thing is they won't meet any of those until the playoffs and almost any team will struggle to slow down those offenses. Look at the Cards schedule and they face, maybe 2 top 10 passing teams all year in Philly and Dallas. The rest of the schedule is pure crap when it comes to passing offenses:
Carolina: DA made the team
Seattle twice:Tavarius, worst QB in the league
SF twice:Smith 2nd worst QB in the league
Washington: WW material in Beck and Grossman
Cincy: rookie
Cle: McCoy show potential but we'll see if he can play more that 2 game without getting hurt
Minn: McNabb is done

Then you have good teams that are more run oriented in:
Balt: Flacco is so over-hyped it's funny
Pitt: Ben can light up any team
NYG: Nicks is their only WR threat
Stl twice: they have potential, but, quick, name their starting WR's.

Then you have two good passing teams in Dallas and Philly. However the Cards usually step up and play well against Dallas.

Who were the legit WRs on the Broncos' offense last year? Were you drafting Brandon Lloyd in the 3rd round of your fantasy draft?

Denver had the 7th best pass offense with Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney, and Eddie Royal. Their tight end was 32-year-old Brandon Graham.

C'mon, now. Dismissing the Rams' offense out of hand is silly. In 2009 the Broncos' passing offense was one spot below ours (McDaniels' first season as HC/OC).

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
I think it depends on how our corners play tomorrow night. If they play like $h!+ then I forsee the Cards contemplating going after a certain available corner in Eagle land.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is rife with name calling on both sides and it's intent of declaring that "My opinion is the valid opinion" is transparent trolling and has been indicative of this poster since joining.

I am locking this thread and giving Black T a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.