Recently cut Cardinals land with other teams

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guess our cuts won’t be serving ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery anytime soon, well at least not yet:)

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I’m honestly not sure what this shows without a comparison to the rest of the league. Only one guy we cut was claimed to an active roster, with 5 other guys landing on other teams practice squads. Meanwhile, we added 4 guys from other teams cut lists to our practice squad, I think. I’d guess we are around average here, but honestly I have no basis for comparison.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I thought it was BACH doing his Gollum impersonation. :trout:
I can do in so many accents on top of that. :)

Kidding aside.
I actually like this situation, but it has very little impact on the overall performance.

The buttom of this roster is the best I can remember since I started supporting the team. I love that there is there are moderate ceiling players sitting in the 4th or 5th position spot and we do not have to prey for a miracle because the lack of depth forces them to to be the 3rd player in a position group like we have seen so many times before under Keim.

This team's issue is the top end talent. Right now there is very little. That might change very quickly with the infusion of development players in their 1st and 2nd year, but we probably do not know until mid-season who of those will become stars, solid starters, back-ups or flops.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
for some comparison, we had 3 D-lineman that totaled 1500 snaps for our team last year.... None of those 3 are on a single NFL roster this year...

That shows you how empty our DL roster was back half of last year.
Yup...folks are hating on our idl because we didn't get stars...while totally overlooking the fact they are lightyears better than who they replaced.
Idl is probably the most improved position group on the team and it's going to show up on the field

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yup...folks are hating on our idl because we didn't get stars...while totally overlooking the fact they are lightyears better than who they replaced.
Idl is probably the most improved position group on the team and it's going to show up on the field
It may show on run downs. That is our great hope. It's not going to show on passing downs. Or rather, it will, just not how we want it to.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It may show on run downs. That is our great hope. It's not going to show on passing downs. Or rather, it will, just not how we want it to.
Agree. No interior sack masters.
But teams won't ram it down our throat at will like they did last year...and we will make some plays behind the los... then Darius comes back...any form of chaos and disruption behind the Los will be good for us.
I'm kinda feeling the loss of Beej honestly...was only expecting 8ish sacks from him...but seeing more of Xavier Thomas has me thinking that both on the field together could have been fairly effective...
Next season....sigh...the Cardinals battle cry

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That wasn't the point that I was trying to make. I was pointing out that our entire roster (90) wasn't as bad as some posters were saying.
1. In our first game our defense did not play well, but I think we can improve.
2. Buffalo is a pretty good team, and they were playing at home.
3. Starters did not play in the PS.
4. Hope for improvement in Week #2.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That wasn't the point that I was trying to make. I was pointing out that our entire roster (90) wasn't as bad as some posters were saying.
Man, I don't see it with defensive improvements. The whole NFL Network was mocking the Cards' pass rush this morning. Though we're favored at home, betting on the rams is still a -119 or so. I like Rallis and thinks he makes as much chicken salad out of chicken ish as he can, but there ain't enough mayo in the world to make this chicken ish palatable. The offense needs to step it up and Petzing get his head out of his arse for us to win games.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a big why? for me

Giving away the first game to get the rust off is not building a strong foundation for a losing franchise

We should be doing anything and everything to improve over other teams that are working hard

This team has not earned anything and they don't deserve anything

They are trying to come out of a big hole and sometimes I question the FO and coaching staff for their decisions

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man, I don't see it with defensive improvements. The whole NFL Network was mocking the Cards' pass rush this morning. Though we're favored at home, betting on the rams is still a -119 or so. I like Rallis and thinks he makes as much chicken salad out of chicken ish as he can, but there ain't enough mayo in the world to make this chicken ish palatable. The offense needs to step it up and Petzing get his head out of his arse for us to win games.
Not to mention the epic sonning that McVay has imparted on this organization. He's basically saying JG can get this work too. Would be nice to smash these clowns for once.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Not to mention the epic sonning that McVay has imparted on this organization. He's basically saying JG can get this work too. Would be nice to smash these clowns for once.

IF we win Sunday, it changes everything.

The entire season outlook will be different if we can find a way to beat the Rams.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is a big why? for me

Giving away the first game to get the rust off is not building a strong foundation for a losing franchise

We should be doing anything and everything to improve over other teams that are working hard

This team has not earned anything and they don't deserve anything

They are trying to come out of a big hole and sometimes I question the FO and coaching staff for their decisions
McVay actually started the trend of not playing starters at all in the preseason, and almost everyone in the league has followed. Andy Reid, Tomlin and Sean Payton are the only coaches giving starters significant snaps during preseason. It would be much more shocking if Gannon was playing starters, the consensus around the league is you shouldn't play them.

The reason is basically wear and tear. The impact a football game has on a player physically is the basically the same as experiencing a car crash. Players are never fully healthy during a season, if they are lucky they are just healthy enough to be available. Every snap induces damage on their bodies, and there isnt enough time between games for any real recovery to occur. Why lessen the chance your starters will be available week 18 for games that don't count? Coaches want to limit the amount of wear and tear experienced over a course of a season to hopefully be one of the lucky teams with the majority of their starters available.

When you look at teams in the Superbowl it is always the teams with the best injury luck. 2022 Eagles and Chiefs both had at least 21 of their week 1 starters available for the Superbowl.

For what its worth, we were considered one of the sharpest teams in the league week 1, and Bills fans were also blaming their 1st half deficit on their starters on playing in the preseason.