Red Zone Tailgate Party - feedback

sphynx99

Reaction score
I went to the Red Zone Tailgate Party before the Rams game. Here is the feedback I sent to the Cardinals today, using their web form at http://www.azcardinals.com/feedback/feedbackform.php:
I went to the Red Zone Tailgate Party on 9/24, and it was very disappointing.

"Catering provided by Centerplate" meant that I was allowed one small plate of food from a very limited selection, and one bottle of water. No other drinks were available until after I had my one trip through, so I was not permitted to have any of the soda that finally showed up later.

NFL Sunday Ticket was available on several TVs, but there were some NFL games that were not shown, including one I wanted to watch.

This pre-game event is not worth anywhere near the price of admission. The promotional wording at http://www.azcardinals.com/gameday/tailgate.php and on Ticketmaster should be updated to reflect the actual experience people should expect.

People have asked me how the tailgate party was, but I can not recommend this event to others.
I'll post any response I receive from the Cardinals.

Reaction score
I went to the Red Zone Tailgate Party before the Rams game.
I was wondering... I know that one must have purchased a game ticket prior to admission to the "Red Zone Tailgate". But my question is does admission to the "party" allow one to sit in the south end zone bleacher seating during the game?

$45.00 for one pass at the buffet and water and/or soda... :thumbdown

OP
OP
S

sphynx99

Reaction score
I was wondering... I know that one must have purchased a game ticket prior to admission to the "Red Zone Tailgate". But my question is does admission to the "party" allow one to sit in the south end zone bleacher seating during the game?

We sat in the south end zone *prior* to the game, and watched the Cards players and cheerleaders come and go. We went to our normal seats about half an hour before game time. I don't know if they boot you out or not.

One interesting note: no one ever checked or scanned my game ticket...

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
I went also. Here's what I posted on the feedback form. (I'm sure it got truncated).

Red Zone Tailgate Party:
$45 + $12 ticketmaster fees.

Very disapointed with the party. Or maybe I should say, What party? One Trip to the foodline with limited or no selection. You could do so much more with it. First, everything seemed cheap, including guarding the food and sodas.

1) There should be soda machines where I can fill my own as much as I want.

2) There should be a large selection of food, availble, where I can go back often. Heck, for $9 any buffet will have 50 items easy, including deserts.

3) Have good deserts. Bannana muffins are not desert, they are breakfast at a motel. Have cakes, ice cream machine, strawberries, cookies.

4) Have snacks. Chips, dip, cookies, popcorn. Most sports bars have these for free during the games.

5) Either use that WIFI and have a computer connected to the internet, or have a display with all games scores and fantasy stats up and viewable. I noticed that most guys there were in fantasy leagues and watching the games.

6) When you finally get more people going to the event, you'll need more tables and chairs. Get better ones.

7) Include a quick (not real) tour of the stadium. Many people wanted to view the field up close and see how things work.

8) Have a prize giveaway of something. Signed football, box tickets?

9) Consider having the radio guys host and broadcast from the party. That's always fun to see those guys and chat with them.

10) Lower the price. If you fill the place, it will seem more fun. Also, you'll sell plenty of expensive beer and easily make up the money.

I'm sure you could examine many sucessfull bars and see what they do. The party itself makes a lot of sense. I'm mean, why not get out of the heat and into the stadium to pregame party?

Thanks, Steve --AntSports

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Come by Rats or Derm tailgate for food, beer and Directv.... And what the heck we'll even take your money without the $12 service charge!

Speak for yourself....I want my $12 dollars:D (The preceeding message has been increased for inflationary times in which we live)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser