Kyler Murray Appreciation Thread

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Kinda mixed signals from the NFL. You send a guys jersey and football to the NFL Hall of Fame for his performance in week 2 but name another player offensive player of the week. Appears the NFL has an agenda smh.
To be fair Kamara went all the way off as well. 180 total yards and 4 TDs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda mixed signals from the NFL. You send a guys jersey and football to the NFL Hall of Fame for his performance in week 2 but name another player offensive player of the week. Appears the NFL has an agenda smh.

SMH is right.

Kyler had an incredible game. So did Kamara. It was a coin flip between the two for best player of the week. What exactly is the nefarious agenda you believe the NFL has against Kyler?

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Watching this Bryce young saga unfold- we could be in a worse situation for sure (especially given their heights are about the same). Feel bad for the panthers fans- don’t see how they have any hope

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Great question by Chase Daniel here: Where has THIS Kyler Murray been?

Predictably, I put the vast, vast majority of the blame on Keim and Kingsbury (like 90% to them and 10% to Murray).

K1 had to grow up some, become a better leader, and learn how to be a better pro, but if you put the kid in 2019 in this same MO/JG system, there's no telling what he (and we!) would have achieved by now.

How about you Stout?

Last edited:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I put the vast, vast majority of the blame on Keim and Kingsbury (like 90% to them and 10% to Murray).

K1 had to grow up some, become a better leader, and learn how to be a better pro, but if you put the kid in 2019 in this same MO/JG system, there's no telling what he (and we!) would have achieved by now.

How about you Stout?
50% maturity 35% coaching 15% Scheme

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Predictably, I put the vast, vast majority of the blame on Keim and Kingsbury (like 90% to them and 10% to Murray).

How about you Stout?
10 percent to Murray just excuses almost all of his immaturity issues. A truly great QB, or at least one that wants to be great, doesn't pout, develop bad habits, or not put in the book work even under bad coaching. They do their best regardless, and while I think Kyler did his best physically, he didn't do near enough, IMO, with the intellectual part of being a QB. Like, not nearly enough.

I'd go evensies all around. 25 percent each to KM for stated reasons, 25 percent each to Keim and Kliffy for obvious reasons, and a good 25 percent share to Dollar Bill's son Mikey, who is so inept as to be almost criminal. They were all equally culpable to me.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great question by Chase Daniel here: Where has THIS Kyler Murray been?
You’ll probably just label it as “excuses”, but I mean it helps he’s not playing in a predictable high-school scheme & no longer throwing to targets the same size as him. That clearly matters.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

How about you Stout?
I am excited at the idea of consistently similar (not perfect) production out of Kyler over the course of the year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You’ll probably just label it as “excuses”, but I mean it helps he’s not playing in a predictable high-school scheme & no longer throwing to targets the same size as him. That clearly matters.
Something I look at is Darnold's success in Minnesota (only two games but has looked good) , Baker's success in Tampa, Geno in Seattle, Kyler's success recently, and Carr in New Orleans (again...early) and sometimes these guys just need time and support. And yes, time can be very difficult to give in a "win now" league, but it is obvious these college QBs are not coming into the league as prepared to read defenses and play with timing and rhythm. This isn't due to the player IMO, but more due to how college offense is played.

I do think @DVontel has a point that you need to have the roster at a certain threshold in terms of talent before you can support one of these young QBs and then have an offensive mind that puts them in a position to be successful.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser