Reliable Source: Barry will sign with SA

some_user86

Reaction score
Also, This article (http://mvn.com/nba-spurs/2008/02/28/weighing-in-on-barry/) mentions that the Suns were in a real bind in terms of the Giricek and Barry. Why not ask him to make up his mind. You just find out earlier, and he must have been leaning one way anyways.

"article" said:
The longer he waits, the better it is for the Spurs. Phoenix is rumored to have interest in Gordan Giricek if he is waived by Philadelphia. If Giricek is waived within the next couple days, it forces the Suns to decide if they want to wait on Barry and risk the chance of signing neither player. If Barry still has not announced a decision by the end of the weekend, I would bet that he will sign with San Antonio. Just a gut feeling.

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score
Kori and LJ Ellis are journalists (they own the board and LJ goes by the ID "timvp"). It would make sense that they know sources.

Kori and timvp are as much "journalists" as Eric "emplay" from LakersGround/ClubLakers.

Or anyone from "hoopsworld" for that matter.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
This is almost like saying "Trust me, I heard from a reliable source that tomorrow is Friday."

It's not really a prediction when it's factual, is it? They only thing I can think is that somebody is trying to fish for an easy boost in credibility with their "no duh" predictions.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
The thing with the Suns wanting an answer today is all about Gordon Giricek. The Sixers gave Gordon and his agent to pursue a team in the WESTERN conference playoff picture about his services (specifically the Suns). With this, if noone wanted Giricek, then the Sixers would just keep him for the rest of the year. However, if a team wanted him, they would do a buyout of his contract. Therefore, the Suns HAD to have an answer from Barry today on which team he was going to choose, that way the Sixers would have time to waive Giricek and him available PRIOR to March 1st.

As another poster had said, teams can't talk to players under contract with another team right now. Yes, that's normally the case, however in this situation, the Agent can talk to teams because he was given permission by the team.

some_user86

Reaction score
Kori and timvp are as much "journalists" as Eric "emplay" from LakersGround/ClubLakers.

Figures I would see your trolling ass here, dsf. Long time no see. At least the other Suns fans on ST contribute something. You're just a waste of oxygen.

some_user86

Reaction score
Ha! This guys calling ME the troll?

Yes, because I am trying to contribute on another team's board, in contrast to the BS that you spew on ST. You want examples of real contributers? Look at Xylus or OldDirtMcGirt. RonMexico is good at times. You are what this board hates. You come there only to say: "You guys are going down!!!!!!!!11!!!!". For that, you would get banned on ASF. At least I try to provide info to help progress a discussion.

In response to your comment on what constitutes a "journalist." I'd say the rule of thumb is whether or not you can get an official media pass and access to the team. Which Kori can do. She works for a news station here. How is that comparable to HoopsVibe?

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Its not a good sign when the Suns have to put a deadline on the decision. This will probably push Barry back to SA. Thanks for the tease, Brent

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Barry isnt the difference to an NBA title, no one cares lol, we need more pieces than a jumpshooter!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You do know that Emplay, AKA Eric Pincus writes and does radio, right? He does lockerroom interviews and is treated just like any other member of the press.

Far more access than 99 percent of internet doofballs like you and I. :)

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Just got confirmation from KTAR that Brent Barry has indeed opted to return to the Spurs. Therefore the Suns will probably go after Giricek.

I think they need to persue Cassell as well as a back-up for Nash.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Cassell is gone.

What do you mean he is gone? He just got waived and doesn't clear waivers until Saturday. There is only one team other than the Suns that have the ability to grab him while he's on waivers, and that's the Warriors. I don't see them going after him. So you can't say he's gone.

fordronken

Reaction score
What do you mean he is gone? He just got waived and doesn't clear waivers until Saturday. There is only one team other than the Suns that have the ability to grab him while he's on waivers, and that's the Warriors. I don't see them going after him. So you can't say he's gone.

It's been a foregone conclusion that he would be bought out and sign with the Celtics since about 45 minutes after the Celtics traded for Garnett.

The Boston Globe is already reporting that he's going to Boston, and the Suns have said that they wouldn't pursue Cassell if he was bought out.

He's gone.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I dont blame him for choosing the Spurs

fordronken

Reaction score
Grant Hill? No. Grant hill was not a highly coveted free agent. He was a high risk low dollar amount F.A.
Turns out it was a great addition.

Are you kidding me? A lot of teams wanted him, including the Spurs, Lakers and Pistons. Brent Barry is not in the same class of free agent as Grant Hill.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05