Retro Suns Video

Reaction score
I was browsing the net, and I happened to come across this video. It's NBA on NBC's intro to the '93 Game 6 NBA Finals, and just started thinking how cool will it be if the Suns go back to the Finals. And how much better NBC's coverage is than ABC. Enjoy the nostalgic trip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaxOhOysTO4

PHX 32

Hard times on Planet Orange
Reaction score
Haha man, that took me back. Thanks for posting that, even if we did lose that series it was nice to see how things were back then, I remember how pumped up the entire state was when they came back for Game 6. I hope we get to feel that again this year.

HooverDam

Reaction score
That was damned depressing. I still feel like if the Suns had Ceballos they would've won the serious. Just that little bit of extra juice would've helped a lot.

mribnik

Reaction score
Interesting thought as a result of watching that. In the last two years, the Suns have a better record on the road in the playoffs than they do at home. I didn't look at the numbers, but based on my memory that would be correct.

Edit: Ok, not quite, however, the Suns haven't been that good at home in the playoffs the last two years.

Home - 11-8
Road - 8-8

Last edited:

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Interesting thought as a result of watching that. In the last two years, the Suns have a better record on the road in the playoffs than they do at home. I didn't look at the numbers, but based on my memory that would be correct.

Edit: Ok, not quite, however, the Suns haven't been that good at home in the playoffs the last two years.

Home - 11-8
Road - 8-8

Hence why I wouldn't be as concerned with home court advantage against the Mavs this year. These teams are at a point where they are each confident that they can win on the other's court.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
During last years finals, they were showing the final game of the season for each season on ESPN classic. I still have the Suns/Bulls game TiVo'd and watch it time to time. Couple of things I take from that game:

1. I really really hate John Paxson
2. I think KJ was fouled on the very last play of that game, but was never called
3. I'm sick of dwelling in the past, its time for this franchise to win NOW

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
Great video. I still have some of those 93 playoff games on tape if you can believe that! I too did my head in wondering how we'd go if Ced how of played. Dumas stepped up in that finals series. Kinda sucks how it all ended.

I hope this current team gets it sh*t together quick. I don't like how they'll playing. Relying WAY too much on the 3 point shot. Need to balance the 3pt shots with inside play, namely getting the rock to Amare.
SA, Dallas and maybe even Detriot look better right now, big week coming up so we'll see.

HooverDam

Reaction score
2. I think KJ was fouled on the very last play of that game, but was never

YES! I remember thinking this too, however I was only 11 at the time of the game. I've never seen it again, because whenever its on, I can't bear to watch.

I'd really love to see just that play however, if you ever get it uploaded to the internet, let us know- because I started crying when Paxson hit that three, but when KJ was block/fouled I thought "Yes, our best free throw shooter is going to the line!"