Richard Marshall

OP
OP
B

Black T

Reaction score
My appraisal of Marshall isnt based purely off this preseason, no, of course not. Coming in, I knew what he was about. I honestly didnt know much about him coming from Carolina, but with all Cardinals signees, I did tireless research. He was abysmal last year. Although, to his credit, he was better in earlier years. However, hes picked up exactly where he left off last year. Ill continue to give him a shot, mostly because Im not the GM of the team and therefore have no say over our players, but I really think we made a half-ass effort at a replacement for DRC. And he was, at the time, the intended replacement for DRC. However you dont hear that too much anymore, do you? its all Toler + AJ or Peterson talk. Probably because what Richard has shown in camp and in the 2 preseason games. I hope im dead wrong and I look like an idiot, although I very much doubt it.

Hard to judge that one. He could very well be solid in evaluating players, just new to this board. That said, you are more than likely correct with your assumption. Either way, both you and he could simply be guessing.

Thats very insightful of you. Im surpised, most people on message boards dont look quite that deep. Normally surface level impressions. I have a 11 posts,I must not know anything. well done.
I love when people with 11 posts call players out. They are always so credible.

Catfish is correct

I am new to This message board but I am a long, long seasoned NFL (and specifically Cardinals) discussion junkie.

and its not the number of posts you got, its the quality of those posts.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm all for posts like JeffGollin but the OP's title is just stupid and I highly doubt he would call Marshall a bum to his face. This is the problem with the internet and message boards in general.

The cop-out that a player has to have thick skin is just that... It allows individuals say whatever they feel like with out any repercutions! I just don't get it...

I will edit the title. We know for a fact that players and media read this board. We should have a higher standard.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's ironic because with all the changes this season there we are with the #1 pass offense and a bottom 5 pass defense. Just like always. It's not anything new.

Agreed that 2 preseason games hold little significance, but that's actually a heck of an improvement from bottom 2 in pass offense and bottom 10 in pass defense (2010 regular season)! Ugh.

...dave

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Two things:
1. Catfish, I think you nailed it. That 97 yard pass probably made a big difference.
2. SD will give our pass defense a BIG test. Not only do they have a VG starting QB, but they also have a VG backup (Volek). And I would think in the third PS game, we'll both be going all out. Or is it all in?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two things:
1. Catfish, I think you nailed it. That 97 yard pass probably made a big difference...
Plus - going into SD, we'll have addition by subtraction because Dunn - who blew the coverage (presumably because thought he had safety help behind him when, in fact, the safety was covering the TE) - is...mmm...er....done.

I don't think this is the same new Cards - For the first time, we have three corners who can run with the swifties in Jefferson, Toler and PP21. We've never had this before in recent history. (We'd always have one premier corner like Aeneas paired up with a Massey, Hunter, ToasTito or Rod Hood type).

And they're backed up by Adams (whose only crime is being short) and Marshall (who's closer to Massey or Hood - but fits in better as a backup role player than he would as a starter).

This isn't to say our three young speedsters won't be undressed occasionally (That's part of the learning curve), but, like young QB's, the more reps they get, the faster they'll learn.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Richard Marshall is officially a bum

I was waiting on it because I dont like calling people out in preseason, and OP is kindve a dick, but the dudes terrible.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Richard Marshall is officially a bum

I was waiting on it because I dont like calling people out in preseason, and OP is kindve a dick, but the dudes terrible.

He does play the run well at times. It seems to be yet another Cardinal Curse. The DBs they get that can tackle can't cover and the ones that can cover can't tackle.

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
What sucks even worse is that Carlos Rogers was around late into free agency and is playing lights out. He seems like the perfect fit for the Horton D too.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What sucks even worse is that Carlos Rogers was around late into free agency and is playing lights out. He seems like the perfect fit for the Horton D too.

Jonathan Joseph was available too... another tough, physical corner... who can actually cover.

We went cheap and and signed the CB with the worst burn rate in football last year. we got what we paid for.

that's the most frustrating part of this "all-in" off-season... it WAS the off-season to go all-in in FA. With the fifth year of RFA being taken away, there were a PLETHORA of good options at critical positions of need at OT, CB and WR and we didn't even look at T, signed the worst CB we could find and whiffed on every WR.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jonathan Joseph was available too... another tough, physical corner... who can actually cover.

We went cheap and and signed the CB with the worst burn rate in football last year. we got what we paid for.

that's the most frustrating part of this "all-in" off-season... it WAS the off-season to go all-in in FA. With the fifth year of RFA being taken away, there were a PLETHORA of good options at critical positions of need at OT, CB and WR and we didn't even look at T, signed the worst CB we could find and whiffed on every WR.

How about that FA running back they signed?

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

To be fair, JJ signed a gargantuan contract in Houston. It wouldnt have been some DRC-spiller signing had we got him. It wouldve been on par with the move for Kolb. We had PP and Toler at the time also. So we needed talent, but not JJ or Asomugha.

Either way they dropped the ball. zero depth on this team.

the oline pissed me off. So many guys out there. Justin Blalock was available, among other. alot of the real good Olinemen who were free wound up resigning with their olds team for not a huge pay raise.

Doesnt matter. We could have Pouncey in the middle, Joe Thomas, etc. and with Russ Grimm hed turn them into toll booths. worst coach ever. Lets sit one of our best (or probably the best) linemen we have, because i have personal beef with him. This teams a joke

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Ok, it is no longer preseason and I have seen what Marshall is...let's just say that I would rather have Marshay Green back with some potential to grow than see Marshall get smoked left and right...at least Green showed some hope last year till Horton coached the Cardinal out of him