Rift between Amare & Stephon Marbury?

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On ESPN's shootaround they just said that there had been rumors earlier this week that Amare Stoudemire was not happy with Stephon Marbury. The rumor was that he wasn't happy because Marbury was not giving him the ball enough. If I was Amare Stoudemire I would feel the same way. Stephon Marbury, Joe Johnson, and Shawn Marion all do a poor job of getting Amare Stoudemire the ball.

Of course it would help if he would do a better job of establishing position in the low post. Instead it is too content to ask for the ball 10-15 feet out facing the basket.

BTW free Johnson insisted there was absolutely no problem with the two of them. He said they are good friends.

Joe Mama

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Bill Walton hates Marbury, so if he said it I wouldn't put too much into it.

Also, does FJ have plays that run through Amare?

newfan101

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe Amare's teammates would pass it to him more if they felt like they had a chance of getting it back. When you're a big man shooting 42% with ONE assist after 7 games, I don't believe you're at liberty to complain about not getting the ball enough.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Originally posted by green machine
Bill Walton hates Marbury, so if he said it I wouldn't put too much into it.

i think the more appropriate question is: does FJ have plays?

fordronken

Reaction score
An interesting and painful question(although I think I know the answer) is, if one of them had to go, who would you prefer?

OP
OP
J

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was not Bill Walton. It was that guy that looks like a heavier Chris rock. He was just reporting it as rumors.

Frankly I don't like the way either of them have played so far this season. Marbury is dominating the ball too much. He's shooting too much. I already said one I don't like about the way Amare Stoudemire's playing.

Joe Mama

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It was that guy that looks like a heavier Chris rock.

I hate that guy. Who is he? A writer or a rapper or a general pain in the ass or something? Seriously, what are his qualifications?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Although Stockton and Malone didn't have the supporting cast to become Championship caliber, they sure carried their franchise for many years.

It was disappointing when Charles Barkley and Kevin Johnson were PF/PG adversaries during their years together on the Suns.

And now it's recurring between Amare and Stephon? Don't these guys realize they owe the fans a performance which represents more than the sum of each of them?

A Point Guard who leads his team in scoring is asking for conflicts with his teammates. And a young, highly touted Power Forward who refuses to give up the ball is doing the same.

I suppose if Cotton couldn't get the Chuckster and KJ to support each other, it's too much to ask of Frank.

I wonder how much of a significant role Mark Iavaroni (who earned a tremendous reputation working at Pete Newell's Big Man's camp) is allowed to have on the Suns. Perhaps not enough.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
On ESPN's shootaround they just said that there had been rumors earlier this week that Amare Stoudemire was not happy with Stephon Marbury. The rumor was that he wasn't happy because Marbury was not giving him the ball enough. If I was Amare Stoudemire I would feel the same way. Stephon Marbury, Joe Johnson, and Shawn Marion all do a poor job of getting Amare Stoudemire the ball.

Of course it would help if he would do a better job of establishing position in the low post. Instead it is too content to ask for the ball 10-15 feet out facing the basket.

BTW free Johnson insisted there was absolutely no problem with the two of them. He said they are good friends.

Joe Mama

If this is true it totally smells like Amare's Mom.

I can just hear her, "Baby, you're not gettin enough shots, if they don't start gettin you the ball we're leavin. Mama needs a new house and 13 points a game just ain't gonna get it done."

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
Marbury is dominating the ball too much. He's shooting too much.

Joe Mama

Nothing changed on this area since last season.

Marbury took 18.9 FG-attempts and dished out 8.1 assists per game last season.

He took 18.7 FG-attempts and dished out 7.6 assists per game this season.

Is that a significant difference? Not at all.

Furthermore he reduced his turnovers this season.

The problem is hidden probably elsewhere.

creed

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by green machine

Frank has plays he runs?? I didn't know that!

fordronken

Reaction score
Re: Re: Rift between Amare & Stephon Marbury?

Originally posted by devilalum
If this is true it totally smells like Amare's Mom.

I can just hear her, "Baby, you're not gettin enough shots, if they don't start gettin you the ball we're leavin. Mama needs a new house and 13 points a game just ain't gonna get it done."

That's what we need. Vague, unfounded speculation based on a vague unfounded rumour.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Rift between Amare & Stephon Marbury?

Originally posted by fordronken
That's what we need. Vague, unfounded speculation based on a vague unfounded rumour.

Any time I ever hear about Amare having any problem of any kind I'm going to think this.

She lives with him and supposedly "Looks out for him."

This is a woman that has been in and out of prison all her life and she is helping our star forward make life changing decisions on a daily basis.

The best trade the SUns could make would be one that involves sending her to New Jersey.